Big Nige

Just now, Beighton Owl 87 said:

Why get rid of him now? Are they expected to get anything from their last two games - Man City at home and Arsenal away. Really hope this backfires on them now. 

There’s obviously more to it 

He’ll have fell out with someone,  again 

Dont think any manager going to Watford expects it to be a long term job 😀

Is it just me that doesn't rate Pearson? Still living off promotion with Leicester years ago and done very little since. 

When I hear him speak about us  he's also not  entirely complementary, played a huge part in the greatest day in my living memory, as a top player, yes, but don't think he has any real affinity for the club. 

I get the impression we were just a job to him and the comment about not managing us just convenient geography, rather than avoiding tainting his legacy. 

Pearson was my choice after Bruce left. The job he did at Leicester was similar to ours, came in after Leicester’s owners had spent big and got nowhere. Made loads of top signings at the right age and he essentially got the ball rolling to where they are today. 

His reputation at the beginning of the season was a bit tarnished after the Derby spell but going to Watford has put him back on the map. 

We’d be lucky to have him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just what we need. Thought he would keep Watford up ( which was a big ask when he took over) and stay there next year. Absolute gift for chansiri this. Would put a buzz back about the place. Be 95 pc popular. Experienced and got some balls. And a club legend. Please please please let it happen

11 minutes ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

Why get rid of him now? Are they expected to get anything from their last two games - Man City at home and Arsenal away. Really hope this backfires on them now. 

Like, Huddersfield, with a quick turnaround next season, they need to get a new man in place, or they’ll be behind the eight ball Its only us that thinks it’s OK to wait for month

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Burnsie said:

I personally don't get all this hype around Pearson.... Other than he's an ex owl. Which shouldn't really be a factor

History of promotion, knows the club and what it means and demands respect. Can you imagine the players trying to pull any BS with Pearson in charge? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

Like, Huddersfield, with a quick turnaround next season, they need to get a new man in place, or they’ll be behind the eight ball Its only us that thinks it’s OK to wait for month

To be fair though we have no idea which league we’ll be in.

Just now, sonofbert2 said:

To be fair though we have no idea which league we’ll be in.

Yeah, yeah, I was referring previous appointments Not totally convinced with Pearson as a top flight manager, but we’re not a top flight club, and he does have many of the attributes we need right now

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

History of promotion, knows the club and what it means and demands respect. Can you imagine the players trying to pull any BS with Pearson in charge? 

Knows the club? How so? It's 30 odds years since he played here!