Big Nige

13 hours ago, Yellowbelly said:

I live just round the corner from where I work though and I honestly don’t it’s affected me negatively at all.

In fact, I find it easier to both get to, and get home from work. Sometimes I can pop to the shop as well and pick up something for tea.

So to summarise, I reckon Nige should reconsider his stance on this.

Yeah, but if you have a bad day at the office you're not going to have a bunch of shirtless, boozed up nob'eds camped outside your house screaming at your family

9 hours ago, sonofbert2 said:

He’s just got the sack for physically laying into them and most of our lot are saying our idiot bunch should have been cuddled and nurtured.

Make your fuckingminds up!!

He'll end up getting his collar felt. Seems a bit unstable to me, which does come across in some of his Leicester interviews.

I'm just not sure the added pressure of working in his home town will work.

I think he'd end up in the papers for all the wrong reasons.

Top captain. Best memories of SWFC when he was there, but the jury is out for me.

5 hours ago, Plonk said:

All you lot going on about him being aggressive. Well I think it’s what we need. A strong leader. I don’t think that’s how Monk comes across. I think he comes across as a bit snidey.

And everyone’s favourite, BFR once had DiCanio by the throat in the changing room? Was rRon “ too aggressive”?

IF he took the job I bet the first thing he would do is put Westwood back in goal. How does that fit with the Monk / Pearson are bullies agenda?

All of you that are giving his character traits as reason not to employ him, have you actually met him? Because that’s the opposite of how he comes across.

IF he took it, I will come back to the UK and buy a season ticket for next season. If Monk stays I won’t.

wonder how many others feel the same?

If that's true, then yes, he was. 

I think that if any manager/player assaulted someone else, I'd expect them to get the sack 

15 minutes ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

He'll end up getting his collar felt. Seems a bit unstable to me, which does come across in some of his Leicester interviews.

I'm just not sure the added pressure of working in his home town will work.

I think he'd end up in the papers for all the wrong reasons.

Top captain. Best memories of SWFC when he was there, but the jury is out for me.

It’s a consideration, but Wilder had a similar reputation, so as long as it’s channeled, you can harness that passion

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Kew Owl said:

The need to get on with DC will, unfortunately, narrow the field quite considerably

Too true unfortunately.
However I do think the penny will will drop eventually as his money goes ever faster down the drain.

Pearson will manage this club one day. The problem is, he’s probably in a position financially to bide his time. This is not the time to manage this football club. We are set for a number of years in the wilderness, with promotion very unlikely. 

• Like 1

So, there’s people saying he’s turned it down before and he’s said he’d never manage us.

The only quotes I can find are him saying he’s never turned it down before because he’s never been approached and he’s not saying he doesn’t want to do it. He has however said that Sheffield is a big part of his life and his families and he doesn’t really want to put that at risk.

This was last year.

Thats certainly not a “I’d never manage Wednesday“

Edited by Ozymandias

27 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

So, there’s people saying he’s turned it down before and he’s said he’d never manage us.

The only quotes I can find are him saying he’s never turned it down before because he’s never been approached and he’s not saying he doesn’t want to do it. He has however said that Sheffield is a big part of his life and his families and he doesn’t really want to put that at risk.

This was last year.

This, but still the “He says he doesn’t want to manage us” quotes keep coming in. 

32 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

This was last year.

We had a table at the 150th bash and he was our allocated ex player. Charming, eloquent guy with a real love for the club.

When we inevitably asked the question he said “I would never accept the job while someone else was still manager” ....... direct quote!

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

Yeah, but if you have a bad day at the office you're not going to have a bunch of shirtless, boozed up nob'eds camped outside your house screaming at your family

Makes you wonder how ,Wilkinson , Sturrock ,Francis,Bassett, Wilder,Megson  etc all coped living in this city with their families 

Why are people so keen to get Pearson ? 

he has just been sacked by Watford after about 20 games, lasted about 20 games at derby, left the Belgium team pretty much at the bottom of the league when he got sacked . He managed to nearly relegate Leicester from the premier league, with a team that won the premier league by 10 points the following season.

We really don’t like ourselves ! 

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

We had a table at the 150th bash and he was our allocated ex player. Charming, eloquent guy with a real love for the club.

When we inevitably asked the question he said “I would never accept the job while someone else was still manager” ....... direct quote!

Fair enough. “While someone else was still manager”

The acid test is approaching him and making the offer, see if he turns it down. I’m not an advocate for him being manager btw, nor am I against it. 

Edited by Ozymandias
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, marshy said:

I didn't realise Monk had been sacked. Last time I checked we had a manager. lol

I get your point but he doesn't have to be sacked. He only signed a contract to the end of the season. This is a key time for Wednesday, we "could" get in a new manager if DC thinks it is the better option. They would have a chance to freshen up the squad with their own players and actually start to build. What DC decides to do at the end of this season is huge and will set us up to succeed or fail over the next couple of years....punishment pending of course. 

• Like 1