Big Nige

3 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

He’s just got the sack for physically laying into them and most of our lot are saying our idiot bunch should have been cuddled and nurtured.

Make your fuckingminds up!!

Somewhere in the middle of beating the poo out of players and letting them get away with murder would be nice. 

• Like 3

He would definitely get us organised, and has enough goodwill with most of the fan base, to negate any drop in footfall that’s otherwise coming our way Could be a sensible appointment for DC, at a time when options will be few and far between Worth a call

• Like 3

3 hours ago, striker said:

No, not at all, but if Pearson hadn't had a connection with us, would he even be mentioned?

Prior to almost relegating Watford, he was managing in Belguims league 2. Since he got Leicester up in 2014 what has he done?

Before Pearson took the Watford job they were nailed on for the drop, his first few weeks he did unbelievable but now he has lost a few he gets outed, Watford are a really shìt small club and should be no where near the PL...League 1 club at best.

39 minutes ago, Bannofan said:

Pearson is an absolute walloper, I don't want him anywhere near this club

As you say,  His part in the G. Hirst farce isn't exactly hidden. 

Comes across as an arrogant bully...worse than Megson...those 'qualities ' just don't work in football anymore. 

Worked when he was the first to beat Liverpool though didnt it? 

Watford were adrift and looking doomed before he came.

Might come across as arrogant but if he does get results who cares.

• Like 4

Chucking half housebricks at Westwood for the goalie warm up.....

Messing Hutchinson’s hair up with a garden rake and beating FF up with a huge bag of bbq coals while whipping him with a skipping rope in the pre match press conference on Instagram.

GET HIM IN!

:duntmatter:

All you lot going on about him being aggressive. Well I think it’s what we need. A strong leader. I don’t think that’s how Monk comes across. I think he comes across as a bit snidey.

And everyone’s favourite, BFR once had DiCanio by the throat in the changing room? Was rRon “ too aggressive”?

IF he took the job I bet the first thing he would do is put Westwood back in goal. How does that fit with the Monk / Pearson are bullies agenda?

All of you that are giving his character traits as reason not to employ him, have you actually met him? Because that’s the opposite of how he comes across.

IF he took it, I will come back to the UK and buy a season ticket for next season. If Monk stays I won’t.

wonder how many others feel the same?

• Like 1

I might be wrong but my feeling is that Pearson is the exact type of manager we need. I don't see Monk as being as tough, respected or as big enough character to be a success here.

Pearson as his flaws but he's the best leader on the pitch we've had during my lifetime. He strikes me as having some of the attributes of our best managers we've had in the past 40 or so years.

Appointing Pearson could potentially be the smartest thing Chansiri might do during his reign, it could backfire or he might not fancy it but I'd like to see Chansiri learn from past mistakes and to show some ambition again like with the Bruce appointment. I think Pearson could be a similar galvanising appointment to the likes of Bruce, Megson and Sturrock, and potentially a Big Jack type appointment.

I'm all for it, as it would give me some optimism about Wednesday again, like before Bruce left us in the lurch. Pearson is a proper manager, that any club at this level or lower top flight would be lucky to have. 

Edited by The Night-Owl
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The Night-Owl said:

I might be wrong but my feeling is that Pearson is the exact type of manager we need. I don't see Monk as being as tough, respected or as big enough character to be a success here.

Pearson as his flaws but he's the best leader on the pitch we've had during my lifetime. He strikes me as having some of the attributes of our best managers we've had in the past 40 or so years.

Appointing Pearson could potentially be the smartest thing Chansiri might do during his reign, it could backfire or he might not fancy it but I'd like to see Chansiri learn from past mistakes and to show some ambition again like with the Bruce appointment. I think Pearson could be a similar galvanising appointment to the likes of Bruce, Megson and Sturrock, and potentially a Big Jack type appointment.

I'm all for it, as it would give me some optimism about Wednesday again, like before Bruce left us in the lurch. Pearson is a proper manager, that any club at this level or lower top flight would be lucky to have. 

This is the thing, he may not be the bright young thing we’d like, creating a new footballing identity, but he is competent leader, who would get more out of these players than we are getting now. A strong character, who can be tough when needed, and not in a shouty way like Megson. He seems to organise his teams well, and the football is palatable. Where we’re at right now, those are the attributes we require. His connections with the club, and the fact that he still lives in the city, might just tempt him. As you say, it’s about the best appointment Chansiri could make right now, someone capable of stopping the rot, with enough respect among the fans, to stop a potentially devastating haemorrhaging of support. Outside of a major coup, like a Bielsa, Pearson would be the best fit for us currently

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

100% would take him. I don't think he would fancy it and has said previously he wouldn't want to manage us. 

Warnock said the same, but was very interested in taking the Wednesday job. Times change, and with what’s going on in the world right now, he may not fancy a daily commute like the one he had at Watford

You have to ask why his jobs end this way . Usually a dressing room bust up or some other scrape in the boardroom.

The manager needs to be part of the management team of the club. You can’t have someone throwing tea cups and punches like a 6 year old every time there is a problem.  

7 hours ago, TaxiMark said:

Before Pearson took the Watford job they were nailed on for the drop, his first few weeks he did unbelievable but now he has lost a few he gets outed, Watford are a really shìt small club and should be no where near the PL...League 1 club at best.

Sounds familiar? Monkmanface

Last paragraph is spot on though 😀

8 hours ago, Rogers said:

Somewhere in the middle of beating the poo out of players and letting them get away with murder would be nice. 

Yep.

And to be honest, all these posters saying he could basically be any type of person,  as long as he gets results..well that's why never lasts in a job now...put it this way how long would you put up with a boss that was an abusive , nasty piece of work before you had a massive row that lead you to downing tools. 

Remember,  player's cant be sacked midway through a contract for lack of effort and commitment..they still take home their wages. Dinosaur managers like Pearson can though. 

We would probably have a good half season at best with him in charge before it blew up .