Who is most to blame for this season?

Guest Grandad

Who is to blame?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. Who is most to blame for our clubs bad season?

• Manager
    • Chairman

4 hours ago, Pulcinella said:

It's harsh because DC has put a lot of money into the club.

But DC because:

1. Glenn Roeder wasn't replaced. That first round of recruitment was amazing.
  2. Carlos should've been sacked after the Huddersfield play-off.
  3. Jos Lukuhay was a big step backwards.
  4. Plus points for Steve Bruce. Negative points for poor budgeting in previous years which caused our finances to go haywire - ultimately contributing to Bruce's quick exit.
  5. Probably the wrong 'Garry' got the gig - Rowett's done a reasonable job for Millwall.

The only hope is that he's learning 🤭. For that he needs to get the right advice, have the right person in charge and recruit well again. Tough job being a chairman.

That being said. This isn't a low point for Wednesday. The Dave Allen years were dire.

They were nowhere near as bad as the mid-seventies.

• Love 1

3 hours ago, Sham67 said:

The chairmen of the seventies?

I started supporting Wednesday as a Division three club. The first thing I could brag about was when Big Jack became our manager and Arsenal and Wednesday went to multiple replays in the FA cup.

4 hours ago, Sham67 said:

But close...the only good thing about the 70's was that our away support that we have today started then...typical Wednesday in the face of adversity...I don't  think we the fans like that today.

Edited by daveyboy66
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Chansiri is ! 

But monk is at fault ON the pitch. Yes he’s had it hard but we are where below we should be with the tools he’s had. 

Chansiri leaving is a hard long winded affair but will benefit us long term.

Monk leaving would have benefited us now. It may be too late with the efl stuff. Regardless if we do manage to stay up he has to go 

6 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Chansiri is ! 

But monk is at fault ON the pitch. Yes he’s had it hard but we are where below we should be with the tools he’s had. 

Chansiri leaving is a hard long winded affair but will benefit us long term.

Monk leaving would have benefited us now. It may be too late with the efl stuff. Regardless if we do manage to stay up he has to go 

Like I said we dont have the fans anymore 

13 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

But close...the only good thing about the 70's was that our away support that we have today started then...typical Wednesday in the face of adversity...I don't  think we the fans like that today.

Nobody loves us, but we don’t care. That period, and the camaraderie, shaped the way we are, or at least were until recent times The disconnect has been gradual, but it’s picked up pace these last couple of years

• Like 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Sham67 said:

But at least in the mid seventies...you could afford to go ...home and away every week ....all the fans as one ... no fighting amongst ourselves.....You knew things would eventually get better ... now you don’t ........Bring back...Sammy...Fat Sid (RIP)...Weeny (RIP)...Bathtub (RIP)..Tommo..............Football was s##t...but who gave a f##k !!!!!!

• Like 2

Long term DC including this season too by taking ages to hire a very poor manager that is Gary Monk.

Players were signed under DCs watch they have failed us .

Bruce leaving at the start was bad timing but he saw a way out of here and good luck to him I would have done the same if I was him.

Ultimately we have a guy in charge with money but no brains.

• Like 1

On 19/07/2020 at 10:52, @owlstalk said:

Just reading Facebook and Twitter and the exact same conversations are taking place

So it's not 'on here' 

It's everywhere

But its always the fans with him and never knowone else but the fans.

We have been poor all season, don't know how we managed to ever get to third in the division. We seem unable to put together two decent halves of football in the same game.  Our home form has been abysmal, unable to score at home in the first half, why? The points deduction threat over almost 9 months seems to have had an impact, but as professionals, it was surely up to our players to put this out of mind and just battle for each and every point in each and every game played. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Hughdowd said:

But at least in the mid seventies...you could afford to go ...home and away every week ....all the fans as one ... no fighting amongst ourselves.....You knew things would eventually get better ... now you don’t ........Bring back...Sammy...Fat Sid (RIP)...Weeny (RIP)...Bathtub (RIP)..Tommo..............Football was s##t...but who gave a f##k !!!!!!

That was when you were young, innocent, full of positivity, vitality, with a zest for life.

Now you're a just sad old git.  (nothing personal)

Didn't know Fat Sid had passed on, I used to keep out of his way. lol 

Just now, Inspector Lestrade said:

That was when you were young, innocent, full of positivity, vitality, with a zest for life.

Now you're a just sad old git.  (nothing personal)

Didn't know Fat Sid had passed on, I used to keep out of his way. lol 

Rather be a sad old git ..than the snowflake drama queens that seem to be constantly on here 😉😉