Who is most to blame for this season?

Guest Grandad

Who is to blame?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. Who is most to blame for our clubs bad season?

• Manager
    • Chairman

2 hours ago, GLOwl said:

So playing Westwood is the answer to all our problems? I don't think so. I've highlighted the questions for you so you can actually answer them this time.

Please enlighten me.

Didn't know I had to be on call to specifically answer your every question. It is not my job to go into the tactical detail of how to set a side up more resolutely, it is the job of a professional football manager. 23 managers have done a better job of it in the Championship than Garry Monk this year, some have better resources to do so but some certainly do not.

I also never said Westwood was the answer to all our problems but feel free to interpret what I type as you feel.

The 23rd best record on a 24 team division over the course of 23 games would see the performance of every manager with that record called into question and the vast majority would probably be facing the boot. You won't find many with a similar record over that period of time that haven't. What did you think of the performance of Jos Luhukay for example?

7 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Didn't know I had to be on call to specifically answer your every question. It is not my job to go into the tactical detail of how to set a side up more resolutely, it is the job of a professional football manager. 23 managers have done a better job of it in the Championship than Garry Monk this year, some have better resources to do so but some certainly do not.

I also never said Westwood was the answer to all our problems but feel free to interpret what I type as you feel.

The 23rd best record on a 24 team division over the course of 23 games would see the performance of every manager with that record called into question and the vast majority would probably be facing the boot. You won't find many with a similar record over that period of time that haven't. What did you think of the performance of Jos Luhukay for example?

You said monk tactically got it wrong, so you must know what "right" is?

Luhukay was useless in my opinion. He did get it right about 2 of the players though.

8 hours ago, Grandad said:

Still seeing lots of people saying we need to change the manager this summer... But will that fix things?

NO....it wont matter who the Manager is  until Players are changed out,and attitudes change both in the dressing room,AND on the pitch.Personally i want to see ALL  Chansiri's current 'advisers' thanking(sic) for their input,and LEAVE the Club....

Its academic now,as it seems only 25% of the fan base(read Season Tkt holders) will be able to attend at season start no 'Protests' outside the Players entrance or 'boycotting' matchs on principle,to try to get change.(and than ONLY if you dont travel by public transport,do acccess/egress safely,and agree to behave!!)...

Whatever happened to a few cheers,a sing along,and a 'Pie & a pint' anybody....

Can see it now,shot hits the post OHWOOOOH shout the crowd  QUIET!!!!  Shout the security!! HOW DARE YOU BE EXITED AT A WEDNESDAY MATCH!!! HOW DAREYOU ENJOY YOURSELF!! Dont you know your 25 quid is so you can be as miserable as f**k!! Pull yourself together...your a Sheffield Wednesday fan,you should be used to it,by now..

Go and stand and sob in the corner,with everyone else...(Socially distanced spots,1 metre apart anybody?)

OH,and i forgot........After the match you can call for a 'socially distanced pint'...no doubt after safely downloading the 'APP'(what do mean you dont have a Smart Phone!!) Entering your name,address,telephone number,inputting a password and security code,and finally your table number,THEN you can order a pint..OH SH*T  I forgot my credit card....$**&%££$****

Guest LondonOwl313
10 hours ago, Vic Flange said:

I must admit that was my initial thought but the problems for this season run much deeper and for that reason the buck stops with Chansiri.

May be Bruce couldn't wait to go to Newcastle but may be also he was thinking he had dodged a bullet and would have eventually suffered the same team issues as Monk.

I am not sure how many managers we are going to go through before some fans realise that if Klopp came and managed us we would still end up having a poor season. 

I really wish I could say that if we escape relegation that next season will be better but as things stand I can't. If Monk goes early on we will be in the same position, getting in another manager and setting them up for failure. 

The manager does make a big difference here, we need someone with some stature. I disagree that we would have a poor season under a manager like Klopp, or a Guardiola or a Ferguson, or even a Steve Bruce. And that's because they're successful and know whats required to drive that success. They would go in to a meeting with Chansiri and say these things need to change etc or we've no chance of doing well. They would also have no problem just walking away from it if those conditions weren't met because they have self belief and know they can get the same or better elsewhere.

The issue with weaker managers is that they don't have that self belief. They're just happy to be here because they have no realistic prospect of getting anything better. This is where Monk is... where does he go from here, down the leagues probably. That means he's going to accept any old crap from the boardroom and not kick up much of a fuss because he doesn't want to lose his job. Unless Chansiri is forcefully told what needs to change at the club he will probably just stick with the status quo which isn't working because he doesn't have the experience in football to know what to do to drive success.

I'm quite disappointed Bruce left when he did because he'd have been the catalyst to get the infrastructure right behind the scenes.

Guest Grandad
51 minutes ago, shandypants said:

Where are the options for Steve Bruce, the squad “bad apples” and the players? 

Stupid poll Nigel. I didn’t think you would create such a stupid and divisive thread. 

Yeah soz

Feel free to create your own

The broken EFL and football in general. 

It’s a place for shady money laundering, illegal betting, kids choosing a Champions League team rather than their local club, and armchair fans watching Man U v Chelsea in the FA Cup on Sky because all the minnows were knocked out. 

It’s no longer a league for the fan who supports his local club and attends games, no longer for the underdog, the David v Goliath upset, no longer for the small town team where the club is a core part of the community. 

Football is broken. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Does 'This season' just refer to the football being played, and our results? In which case it is the Manager who is most at fault.

Or do we mean the whole  s h i t storm surrounding the club at the moment? The air of anxiety and uncertainty?  Well that rests largely at Chansiri's door.

Poll should have had 'PLAYERS as a choice TOO.....Of the choices I voted  the Chairman....he is responsible  for the Direction our Club has gone,but even he isnt on the pitch is he?...Its there for all to see on the pitch....FOOTBALL  is broken,and has been for a VERY long time...

It's harsh because DC has put a lot of money into the club.

But DC because:

1. Glenn Roeder wasn't replaced. That first round of recruitment was amazing.
  2. Carlos should've been sacked after the Huddersfield play-off.
  3. Jos Lukuhay was a big step backwards.
  4. Plus points for Steve Bruce. Negative points for poor budgeting in previous years which caused our finances to go haywire - ultimately contributing to Bruce's quick exit.
  5. Probably the wrong 'Garry' got the gig - Rowett's done a reasonable job for Millwall.

The only hope is that he's learning 🤭. For that he needs to get the right advice, have the right person in charge and recruit well again. Tough job being a chairman.

That being said. This isn't a low point for Wednesday. The Dave Allen years were dire.

• Like 1