Betfair have settled bets on us to be relegated

26 minutes ago, Pulsar said:

I have never been a betting man and don't fully understand how people pay their hard earned money on chance least of all because i don't understand the process, odds and all that.

But am i to get my hopes up with this?

Basically what has happened, is Betfair have been told by the EFL there is no points deduction but they have forgot to tell the club 

• Haha 3

59 minutes ago, RigBon said:

That's pretty-much my point. They have not yet settled Wigan bets, because they know that they have a points deduction pending. But they HAVE settled bets on us.

What do you want them to settle exactly?

Wigan inclusive of deductions can still survive?

1 hour ago, RigBon said:

That's pretty-much my point. They have not yet settled Wigan bets, because they know that they have a points deduction pending. But they HAVE settled bets on us...

Wigan HAVE been handed a points deduction.

We HAVEN’T been handed a points deduction (yet).

Seen media reports today that it could be mid September until these issues get sorted for clubs in the Championship and league 2. I think it's quite safe to assume any points will be taken off next season (if at all.) 

1 hour ago, Pulsar said:

I have never been a betting man and don't fully understand how people pay their hard earned money on chance least of all because i don't understand the process, odds and all that.

Yes and no, if that makes any sense.

it appears that they’re thinking that we’re not going to get a points deduction that would result in relegation this season - but it doesn’t rule out the possibility of us starting next season on (say) minus 12

• Like 1

3 hours ago, the monk said:

Basically what has happened, is Betfair have been told by the EFL there is no points deduction but they have forgot to tell the club 

They did tell Swansea’s manager though who just happened to be in a boozer in Oughtibridge the night before a Swansea home game. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Pulsar said:

Lump on! lol

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, BIG D said:

They did tell Swansea’s manager though who just happened to be in a boozer in Oughtibridge the night before a Swansea home game. 

I can confirm this is true. He had a pint of Moretti and a bag of pork scratchings whilst attempting to chat the landlord up.  He also failed to maintain a safe social distance.