Betfair have settled bets on us to be relegated

They seem to think that we will not be relegated, as they have settle bets for us to go down as losers, and lays of us to go down as winners.

i was curious about whether points deductions are excluded from the market, but nope:

Relegation 2019/20 - Rules

Event Start Time

03 August 2019, 20:00

3 to be placed

Which teams will be relegated this season?
If a team is relegated from a league because, at the end of a season, it has finished within the relegation positions which are relevant to that league (i.e. usually any of the bottom three league positions), bets on that team to be relegated will be settled as winning bets. If a team is otherwise disqualified, thrown out or removed from a league (i.e. in circumstances other than those where it has finished the season within the relevant relegation positions): (i) if such team is disqualified, thrown out or removed from the league before the relevant season has started, all bets on the affected market will be void (and a new market will subsequently be loaded) and (ii) if such team is disqualified, thrown out or removed from the league after the relevant season has started (or a determination is made by the applicable governing body, during the season, that the team will be thrown out or removed from the league following the season’s conclusion), all bets on the affected team will be void. For the avoidance of doubt, if a points deduction is imposed on a team such that it finishes the season within the relegation places which are relevant to the applicable league, bets on that team to be relegated will be settled as winning bets.

Edited by RigBon

Guest LondonOwl313

Seems a bit odd because if we do get a deduction and drop then they will have to revisit and pay out assuming there’s not a time cut off like the table on the last day of the season.

Nobody really knows do they.. if it was known then surely it would be announced so that everyone knows where they are on the final day

41 minutes ago, RigBon said:

They seem to think that we will not be relegated, as they have settle bets for us to go down as losers, and lays of us to go down as winners.

i was curious about whether points deductions are excluded from the market, but nope:

Sorry, it's late and I have been drinking, but I don't understand what you are saying. Would you mind explaining it again..?

49 minutes ago, RigBon said:

That is a strange move unless they know something.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Sheff74 said:

Sorry, it's late and I have been drinking, but I don't understand what you are saying. Would you mind explaining it again..?

People who bet FOR us to be relegated have lost their bets.

People who bet AGAINST us being relegated (i.e. to stay up) have won their bets.

• Like 2

I don't think we'll go down, and never have.

But that's not the point, is it?

I mean, when you consider the financial outlay and the burden it has put on the fans' pockets.

It's an absolute disgrace, and Captain Chaos has got some serious questions to answer whatever the outcome.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, RigBon said:

Well, given that they have not yet settled bets on Wigan (who are above us on points), I think it is very interesting indeed.

What?

But Wigan do have a points deduction coming...

Edited by Chris_B_SWFC

34 minutes ago, Chris_B_SWFC said:

What?

But Wigan do have a points deduction coming...

That's pretty-much my point. They have not yet settled Wigan bets, because they know that they have a points deduction pending. But they HAVE settled bets on us...

22 minutes ago, RigBon said:

That's pretty-much my point. They have not yet settled Wigan bets, because they know that they have a points deduction pending. But they HAVE settled bets on us...

I have never been a betting man and don't fully understand how people pay their hard earned money on chance least of all because i don't understand the process, odds and all that.

But am i to get my hopes up with this?

6 hours ago, RigBon said:

Edited by slinger208b

2 minutes ago, slinger208b said:

It doesn’t mean they think we won’t be, it means they don’t care if we are are due to a points deduction from a betting perspective and that they will pay out according to finishing positions achieved by points from matches played...

Spoilsport!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, slinger208b said:

It doesn’t mean they think we won’t be, it means they don’t care if we are are due to a points deduction from a betting perspective and that they will pay out according to finishing positions achieved by points from matches played...

Must be different rules applied to the alleged massive bet placed on Wigan to go down then. If your theory is correct, what would have been the point of the bet.

4 minutes ago, Dizzys Dad said:

Must be different rules applied to the alleged massive bet placed on Wigan to go down then. If your theory is correct, what would have been the point of the bet.

My angle is incorrect, just woke up and misread the post...

• Love 1