19 hours ago, sexpistol said:

But how many of those games has he been a sub? 
Would you rather have  Rhodes above Nuhiui?

With our current squad would you rather have Wickham, Rhodes, Windass or Da Cruz before Nuhiu?

Well done big Man. Always divided opinion but he’s always given his best and also vastly underrated. Very useful sub and a game changer. Probably our best sub option for as long as I can remember. 

• Like 3

Jordan Rhodes (entire Owls career)    42+32 appearances, 13 goals, 3 assists

Atdhe Nuhiu (Aug 2018-Jul 2020)        29+49 appearances, 13 goals, 5 assists

Atdhe Nuhiu (Jan-May 2018)               16+6 appearances, 13 goals, 4 assists

Jordan Rhodes (since end of Nov 2015)    78+71 appearances, 30 goals, 4 assists

Atdhe Nuhiu (since Jan 2018)                    45+55 appearances, 26 goals, 9 assists

How embarrassing for Ian. His hero, who not long ago he was advocating for a starting role because of his overwhelming superiority, being shown up consistently by someone who 'can't run' and 'can't score'". :laugh:

I've posted this kind of thing countless times. If there was some kind of measurable ratio for the amount of criticism against the returns offered by footballers, Atdhe Nuhiu may have himself a world record. No one thinks he's one of our greatest ever players, but as a rotational squad member he has delivered more than reasonably. For someone who has spent the preponderance of his time here as anywhere from 3rd to 6th choice in his area of the team, I'm struggling with how an average season of 19+20 appearances and 7 goals is so horrendously bad. For all but two of his seasons here, we have been nothing more than a mediocre team in the Championship, not Liverpool.

But if we're really all going to be like 10 year olds and judge strikers solely on goals scored and our own arbitrary opinions about what is or isn't enough of them (but mainly because Ian loves me mentioning him in this context), in his last 7 seasons at Arsenal, Dennis Bergkamp made 268 appearances and scored just 52 goals (or 1 more than Nuhiu in the same number of seasons at Wednesday, with the majority of his appearances coming from the bench). So if this is the yardstick, he must have been a terrible forward too?

# I always have to point this out thanks to the stupidity of some, but this is clearly not a comparison of the two players who are light years apart in ability, achievements and reputation. 

• Like 4
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 1
13 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

With our current squad would you rather have Wickham, Rhodes, Windass or Da Cruz before Nuhiu?

Probably start with Wickham and Windass but remember not our players.

Da Cruz, jury still out for me and not our player.

Rhodes, I'd send mushrooming.

I like him.

I like his approach to the game.

I like his persona.

In the interviews I've heard and articles I've read about him he comes across as kind and thoughtful.

What's not to like.

We'll done Atdhe Nuhiu!

He's not the striker we've needed to fire us to success but we've not had anyone else do it either in his time.

Bless him, some of you need to be more respectful.

Edited by Rev Owl
  • Like 2

I love Nuhiu very respectable character compared to some of the half hearted self servers we've had over the last few years. 

In the same category as Reda, JJ and arguably KLee: all know their trades, give their all and don't complain just get on with it it's good to see

• Like 2

Nuhiu might leave us this season and, in any case, sometime in the future but you can guarantee that when he does, threads will keep appearing on this forum for years and years arguing about whether he was any good or not. Regardless of what side of the fence you sit, one thing cannot be argued. Nuhiu has left his mark on Sheffield Wednesday.

:duntmatter:

• Like 2
42 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Jordan Rhodes (entire Owls career)    42+32 appearances, 13 goals, 3 assists

Atdhe Nuhiu (Aug 2018-Jul 2020)        29+49 appearances, 13 goals, 5 assists

Atdhe Nuhiu (Jan-May 2018)               16+6 appearances, 13 goals, 4 assists

Jordan Rhodes (since end of Nov 2015)    78+71 appearances, 30 goals, 4 assists

Atdhe Nuhiu (since Jan 2018)                    45+55 appearances, 26 goals, 9 assists

How embarrassing for Ian. His hero, who not long ago he was advocating for a starting role because of his overwhelming superiority, being shown up consistently by someone who 'can't run' and 'can't score'". :laugh:

I've posted this kind of thing countless times. If there was some kind of measurable ratio for the amount of criticism against the returns offered by footballers, Atdhe Nuhiu may have himself a world record. No one thinks he's one of our greatest ever players, but as a rotational squad member he has delivered more than reasonably. For someone who has spent the preponderance of his time here as anywhere from 3rd to 6th choice in his area of the team, I'm struggling with how an average season of 19+20 appearances and 7 goals is so horrendously bad. For all but two of his seasons here, we have been nothing more than a mediocre team in the Championship, not Liverpool.

But if we're really all going to be like 10 year olds and judge strikers solely on goals scored and our own arbitrary opinions about what is or isn't enough of them (but mainly because Ian loves me mentioning him in this context), in his last 7 seasons at Arsenal, Dennis Bergkamp made 268 appearances and scored just 52 goals (or 1 more than Nuhiu in the same number of seasons at Wednesday, with the majority of his appearances coming from the bench). So if this is the yardstick, he must have been a terrible forward too?

# I always have to point this out thanks to the stupidity of some, but this is clearly not a comparison of the two players who are light years apart in ability, achievements and reputation. 

Out of interest, how many of Nuihu’s goals for Wednesday have been from the sub bench? I’d also like to know ( from anyone if this stat is available) what is the record number of goals from the subs bench in England?

Edited by sexpistol
Just now, sexpistol said:

Out of interest, how many of Nuihu’s goals for Wednesday have been from the sub bench? I’d also like to know ( from anyone if this stat is available) what is the record. Umber if goals from the subs bench in England?

Dunno, but I bet Solksjaer is not far off being the holder of the accolade.:rolleyes:

1 minute ago, ChinaOwl said:

Dunno, but I bet Solksjaer is not far off being the holder of the accolade.:rolleyes:

He has scored 28 from the bench for Man Utd.

9 minutes ago, Dagmeister's Shadow said:

Yes seems a top bloke. 

Would I give him a new contract with a view to him spearheading our strike force next season?; no.

Would I offer him one with benefits commensurate with a back up player doing what he's always done with us. 100% yes.

Hypothetical no doubt though as he's likely set his sights elsewhere.

Totally agree

1 minute ago, sexpistol said:

He has scored 28 from the bench for Man Utd.

He's probably the most obvious when thinking about goalscoring super subs.

1 hour ago, sexpistol said:

Out of interest, how many of Nuihu’s goals for Wednesday have been from the sub bench? I’d also like to know ( from anyone if this stat is available) what is the record number of goals from the subs bench in England?

He's scored less than you might think off the subs bench - 12 goals in total. Although 7 of his last 9 goals have been as a sub.

Goals as sub are: vs Middlesboro in 13/14 (pen), vs Burnley in 14/15 (pen), vs Watford in 14/15, vs Fulham in 15/16, vs Ipswich in 17/18, vs Blackburn in 18/19, vs Preston in 18/19, vs Fulham in 19/20, vs Leeds in 19/20, vs Swansea in 19/20, vs Fulham in 19/20 (2 - 1 pen)

Solskjaer scored 29 goals for Man United off the bench. Fairclough scored either 18 or 20 for Liverpool (different sources say different things).

As of February 2020, the top scoring Premier League players off the bench were:

1) Defoe - 24 goals, 2) Giroud - 20 goals, 3) Chicharito - 19 goals, Tied 4th) Solskjaer, Sturridge & Kanu - 17 goals

21 hours ago, Emerson Thome said:

Okay, it's taken a while, but he's become only the 2nd Wednesday player since the Hirst/Bright era to score 50 goals for the club. One more goal and he'll tie Tudgay for most SWFC goals since Hirst hung up his boots.

Well done Adthe, and here's to the next 50....

But its took 7 seasons .wish Tudgay was here now..

1 minute ago, brando said:

Nuhiu has played 3,000 less minutes for Wednesday in his 7 seasons than Tudgay did in his 5.

5 minutes ago, brando said:

Nuihu has played far more from the bench than Tudgay ( who I was a big fan of)

23 minutes ago, Emerson Thome said:

He's scored less than you might think off the subs bench - 12 goals in total. Although 7 of his last 9 goals have been as a sub.

Goals as sub are: vs Middlesboro in 13/14 (pen), vs Burnley in 14/15 (pen), vs Watford in 14/15, vs Fulham in 15/16, vs Ipswich in 17/18, vs Blackburn in 18/19, vs Preston in 18/19, vs Fulham in 19/20, vs Leeds in 19/20, vs Swansea in 19/20, vs Fulham in 19/20 (2 - 1 pen)

Solskjaer scored 29 goals for Man United off the bench. Fairclough scored either 18 or 20 for Liverpool (different sources say different things).

As of February 2020, the top scoring Premier League players off the bench were:

1) Defoe - 24 goals, 2) Giroud - 20 goals, 3) Chicharito - 19 goals, Tied 4th) Solskjaer, Sturridge & Kanu - 17 goals

I thought it would be more than that. Next stat Is goals in the last minute or say from 85 mins onwards. I can’t think of another Wednesday player that has scored as many in that time area ( I am talking recent as well for all the smart arses out there 😀)

Edited by sexpistol