50 up for Atdhe

Guest gizowl
Just now, daleblue said:

Why should I compare?

Because if we haven't got owt much better and with us unlikely to be able to attract much better especially if we get relegated what's the point of slaying him. And like I've said at least he's had the balls to see the season through. 

3 minutes ago, Ian said:

You couldnt be more wrong...his contribution after the first two seasons has roughly halved

16 out of 106 goals (15%) in the league for the first 2 seasons compared to 24 out 302 (8%) since

Another myth debunked

He was a regular starter for the first two seasons and since then he’s been an impact sub for most of the time.

If the question was should Nuhiu be the first choice CF then of course he shouldn’t. But that’s not what the thread was even about.

Do those of you that are arguing he makes a good sub not realise that you are almost arguing with yourself......you're admitting he's not good enough.......we need subs who are good enough to play 90 mins, to rotate, not just to be a sub

1 minute ago, Bluesteel said:

He was a regular starter for the first two seasons and since then he’s been an impact sub for most of the time.

If the question was should Nuhiu be the first choice CF then of course he shouldn’t. But that’s not what the thread was even about.

The post you are quoting was in response to someone saying that his goals percentage for us had got better since his first two seasons....it clearly hasn't and is far worse.......games played etc wasnt being discussed

5 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Only if we go and get a perma substitute who is scores more a season. Other than that I’m talking perfect sense.

We have to change, can't keep going with the (same old), we need to go in a different direction, cant keep going as we are,

LOOK at where we are in the League, it has to change, and changing a striker who scores 8.3 a Season needs to go.

Edited by daleblue

4 minutes ago, Ian said:

The stats from a goalscoring perspective are overwhelming

If you can’t see hes been more of a consistent threat either just physically or in terms of efforts on goal from limited time on the pitch compared to that striker who signed in 2013 then fair dos. But you’ve always had it in for him. 

If we had 4 strikers getting 8-10 goals each wed probably do quite well.

1 minute ago, Ian said:

The post you are quoting was in response to someone saying that his goals percentage for us had got better since his first two seasons....it clearly hasn't and is far worse.......games played etc wasnt being discussed

Ah ok, I hadn’t noticed that. But goals % for a player going from starter to sub isnt really going to mean so much. 

3 minutes ago, daleblue said:

We have to change, can't keep going with the (same old), we need to go in a different direction, cant keep going as we are,

LOOK at where we are in the League, it has to change, and changing a striker who scores 8.3 a Season needs to go.

I agree in the most part. But we are going to need to shift Rhodes and then bring in 2/3 strikers anyway. We need to get all of those right.

Chucking a semi reliable player who you know will get you some goals from the bench is chucking the baby out with the bath water unless he’s on an obscene wage. I also think his size and style of play makes him something different too and we would still need the ability to go long to a tall strong forward.

Edited by Bluesteel
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, gizowl said:

Because if we haven't got owt much better and with us unlikely to be able to attract much better especially if we get relegated what's the point of slaying him. And like I've said at least he's had the balls to see the season through. 

If Sheffield Wednesday cannot attract better, then that just shows how far we have fallen, if what your saying we cant

afford anyone better then we will have to wait and see, this is not just knocking Nuhiu but all our forwards, and that

includes fletch, how many times has he been injured?

The all lot needs ripping up and starting again, and that includes Nuhiu.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

If you can’t see hes been more of a consistent threat either just physically or in terms of efforts on goal from limited time on the pitch compared to that striker who signed in 2013 then fair dos. But you’ve always had it in for him. 

If we had 4 strikers getting 8-10 goals each wed probably do quite well.

If by "you've always had it in for him" you mean I dont rate h as a footballer  then you are right.

Ever since that first game at QPR when I saw that he couldnt run, irrespective of the goal that day

4 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

I agree in the most part. But we are going to need to shift Rhodes and then bring in 2/3 strikers anyway. We need to get all of those right.

Chucking a semi reliable player who you know will get you some goals from the bench is chucking the baby out with the bath water unless he’s on an obscene wage. I also think his size and style of play makes him something different too and we would still need the ability to go long to a tall strong forward.

Sorry, fed up with this argument, just in case job, no get rid, along with the rest of the pants.

There are Wednesday fans, and I use the term loosely, who refuse point blank to see any good in anything he does, anything, and some who make lots of allowances for him.

If he starts, he tends to be ineffective.

However I have lost count of the number of games where he has come on and had an immediate positive effect.

He isnt a world beater and he isnt cr@p but for gods sake give him some credit when he does well for us.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Ian said:

If by "you've always had it in for him" you mean I dont rate h as a footballer  then you are right.

Ever since that first game at QPR when I saw that he couldnt run, irrespective of the goal that day

So even the goals don’t count but you just don’t rate him 😆

17 minutes ago, Ian said:

So because a centre forward who takes penalties scores on average 2 goals a season more than a defender that we let go, it proves he's worth keeping........brilliant arguement

I was replying to a post suggesting Johnson would have scored more.

Just now, Bluesteel said:

So even the goals don’t count but you just don’t rate him 😆

Of course the goals count...if he was bagging 20 a season Id accept his limitations.

But he's not

And he's taking the place of someone who might.....and can run

1 minute ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

There are Wednesday fans, and I use the term loosely, who refuse point blank to see any good in anything he does, anything, and some who make lots of allowances for him.

If he starts, he tends to be ineffective.

However I have lost count of the number of games where he has come on and had an immediate positive effect.

He isnt a world beater and he isnt cr@p but for gods sake give him some credit when he does well for us.

Look it's not about, credit where credit's due, it's about our club moving forward and not about status quo, we need to 

move on as a club, I am not insulting the player, but highlighting the fact 8.3 goals a Season is not good enough,

especially if next Season we can only afford 3 strikers, and you would want Nuhiu as one,

I dont.

1 hour ago, Emerson Thome said:

Okay, it's taken a while, but he's become only the 2nd Wednesday player since the Hirst/Bright era to score 50 goals for the club. One more goal and he'll tie Tudgay for most SWFC goals since Hirst hung up his boots.

Well done Adthe, and here's to the next 50....

He’s our go to man for a goal.