Jacob Murphy and Atdhe Nuhiu

Just now, bradowl said:

Send Wickham back to Palace, sell Rhodes and sign 2 more like Atty. 

Gives everything and also never gets injured. 

Nuhui could be hit by a bus and the only thing you would need to be worried about is where the nearest scrapyard is.

• Haha 2

Whilst I wouldn’t go as far as Student Owl with the “near heroic” assessment, thought both did very well today.  Unfortunately I can’t see any way Murphy is still with us next season.  As for Nuhiu, days like today are too few and far between, so time to move on in my view.

2 minutes ago, Steve Down South said:

Whilst I wouldn’t go as far as Student Owl with the “near heroic” assessment, thought both did very well today.  Unfortunately I can’t see any way Murphy is still with us next season.  As for Nuhiu, days like today are too few and far between, so time to move on in my view.

Dont get this few and far between comment on Nuhiu.

The guy has 50 goals for us, and whenever given the chance has has a huge impact, particularly away from home.

He's outlasted a horde of other strikers at the club - I just dont thinkmwe'll be able to replace him whatsoever.

1 minute ago, davey_wells said:

The guy has 50 goals for us, and whenever given the chance has has a huge impact, particularly away from home.

He's outlasted a horde of other strikers at the club - I just dont thinkmwe'll be able to replace him whatsoever.

Many games where he has little impact, especially as a starter.  He did well today, no doubt about it, and if the extent of our ambition is Championship survival (or League 1 promotion) we should offer him a new contract.

3 minutes ago, Dagmeister's Shadow said:

You should compare his stats with us to the legendary Forestieri's (@ twice the cost of Nuhiu).

I’ve forgotten all about Forestieri, hasn’t been a player for last 3 years.  I appreciate Nuhiu’s contribution but I’m hoping to see more pace and mobility up front.

23 minutes ago, sexpistol said:

To all the Nuihu knockers on here. Serious question. Would you rather see Jordan Rhodes start or even come on as a sub over Nuihu?

No..................i would have him in front of Rhodes , but that doesnt mean Nuhiu should get a new contract , his form and fitness has peaked just as his contract is ending yet again and i just want  this club to stop making the same old mistakes over and over.

35 minutes ago, davey_wells said:

He hasn’t though has he

Feel free to post the facts to prove me wrong

We might miss the option of the big man on the bench next season 

Definitely off after Wednesday night,  not staying in England , least he hasn’t bottled it like Fletch and Forestieri though 

I’d start him Wednesday and bet he gets a goal on his last game 

1 hour ago, sheriwozgod said:

Nuhiu scoring goals and physical conditioning is good , just at the right time............................................again.

Yep that's what annoys me. They will sign him up for 4 years and 80% of those games he will be invisible.

Not good enough anymore.

4 hours ago, bradowl said:

Send Wickham back to Palace, sell Rhodes and sign 2 more like Atty. 

Gives everything and also never gets injured. 

His injury record and effort is excellent. But we should be using him as a bench option rather than relying on him as a first teamer every week to score.

But he's better than pretty much any other striker we have currently.

Murphy has been the lone bright spark in a miserable 2nd half of season. He's getting more consistent and is a constant goal threat now, which shows we should try and sign him- not sure Newcastle will need him but can we afford to pay the wages required?

Daves not very mobile. He’s not great when starts. He’s been great as a sub to bring on and hold game up or give a different option. Gives his all. Gets shyboo refs decisions. When he’s proper on it like today he can be unplayable. A hand full. 
Got to be worth a new contract. Great guy to have around. 

5 hours ago, Tommo_ said:

Should have started, no idea why they didn't

In Huhiu's case it's because he never (ok rarely) plays well if he starts.

lolPersonally I'd give him a month to month contract, he comes alive when he's playing to earn an extension.