Michael Hector

9 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

All those slating Hector saying he's meh will be feeling VERY silly right now

I git some stick last summer, from the Jilted Bride Brigade, who were pretending Hector was Sh*t Anyway 

5 minutes ago, camffiti said:

I git some stick last summer, from the Jilted Bride Brigade, who were pretending Hector was Sh*t Anyway 

Plenty of crap spouted about him, including what Fulham were supposed to have paid to take him there. I’ve seem 8m and 5m, but according Fulham, it was just over 3m Yeah I know, even 3m was out of our budget, but just saying like

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SettleForADraw said:

Exactly what Monk alluded to yesterday. Iorfa for 200k & Börner for fûck all...I know what I’d rather have  

Whilst I dont necessarily disagree you definitely get what you pay for.

Hector is a top player at this level and the type needed if you are targeting automatic promotion.

Borner is fine as a freebie if you are looking for a mid table squad filler.

But the two can hardly be compared.

1 hour ago, NorthernOwl said:

Whilst I dont necessarily disagree you definitely get what you pay for.

Hector is a top player at this level and the type needed if you are targeting automatic promotion.

Borner is fine as a freebie if you are looking for a mid table squad filler.

But the two can hardly be compared.

Absolutely not. If money didn’t come in to it you’d take hector every day of the week, he was sublime today. But when finances come into it, it’s a no brainer for me 

10 minutes ago, SettleForADraw said:

Absolutely not. If money didn’t come in to it you’d take hector every day of the week, he was sublime today. But when finances come into it, it’s a no brainer for me 

Depends

For example if we get relegated this season on points then how much would NOT signing Hector have cost us?

Owlstalk Shop

16 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Depends

For example if we get relegated this season on points then how much would NOT signing Hector have cost us?

Knock on effects though. Everyone’s screaming blind we need to make more astute signings. We’re in a transition process of shifting the high earners. It’d make no logical sense to then spunk £6million for a player in the last year of his contract on £40k+ a week? Need to stop living in dream worlds. We’ve spaffed loads of money (on a lot of shîte) and it hasn’t worked. Time for a new plan.

18 minutes ago, SettleForADraw said:

Knock on effects though. Everyone’s screaming blind we need to make more astute signings. We’re in a transition process of shifting the high earners. It’d make no logical sense to then spunk £6million for a player in the last year of his contract on £40k+ a week? Need to stop living in dream worlds. We’ve spaffed loads of money (on a lot of shîte) and it hasn’t worked. Time for a new plan.

Of course, but the worrying thing is, four of today’s back five were signed in the last 12 months. Are we to change the group every 12 months?