Michael Hector

Would be good next to iorfa as he lacks pace but iorfa far better option all round and pound for pound imo.

Iorfa shows that better managers who cost more can make more, on top of getting better results too

The centre of our defence is porous, despite Iorfa. It wasn’t when we had Hector, he dominated opponents in the way none of them do now Nobody can argue that we weren’t more secure at the back when we had Hector

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

The centre of our defence is porous, despite Iorfa. It wasn’t when we had Hector, he dominated opponents in the way none of them do now Nobody can argue that we weren’t more secure at the back when we had Hector

Yep, we were more secure at the back under a more experienced manager. Hector had his off days just like Iorfa, very similar players for me and certainly couldn't justify spending around £6M on a player with 6 months left on his contract if fans want us to be a better run club financially. 

8 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Largely due to Borner IMO, very relaxed in possession which can sometimes be his downfall. I’ve seen him place numerous misplaced passes, get caught on the ball and even carelessly give away corners.

Iorfa has rescued us on many occasions. The odd lapse in concentration but that’ll improve with experience 

A Hector - Iorfa back 2 would be so good 

Edited by FreshOwl

Guest wilyfox
5 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

We shipped in first half of last season - even with Hector. He's a very good player, but let's not embellish his record here. 

11 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Under Jos, with Hector in the side we conceded 23 goals in 13 games......I think the change in manager made a difference

Reading these comments, how bitter are some of you!

He was excellent for us.

Fulham paid £5million for him and he must be on £30k a week at least, but that's what you have to pay for one of best center backs in division

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

He starts today

I think he's  a magnificent footballer

One of the very best defenders in the Championship

Absolute class player

Yep.

I swear to god our fans can’t spot a good player. We called Brunt lazy, said Antonio wasn’t good enough and now a few in here saying Hector wasn’t all that.

Better than all our central defenders

lol

He was outside our price range, that's life.

We should always try for an option to buy clause when loaning players. At least then we have a reasonable chance of affording a player if he comes good here. Hector was nothing special before he came here, I bet we could have got him for a couple of million at the time. He just blossomed with us for some reason.

1 hour ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Chelsea signed him in 2015, 5 years later at the age of 26 and having not played a single Premier League game he attracts that kind of fee with wages to match. 

Young players being handed life on a plate without actually achieving anything.....

Exactly what Monk alluded to yesterday. Iorfa for 200k & Börner for fûck all...I know what I’d rather have  

We could do with a similar player to Hector but more affordable to partner Iorfa. Hector looked good during his time here on loan, Iorfa as looked good too, we could do with a bit more physicality in the team next season but in the long run Iorfa will prove to be a rare astute signing. 

• Like 1