Jump to content

Recommended Posts

That’s the last we’ll see of Leeds for a while, they’ll be heading in a very different direction to us over the next 5 years. 
It is what it is, isn’t it 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Say this about Lids, they mobilized.  First against Bates, then against Cellino.

 

We couldn't mobilize an Owls in the Park, let alone a "DC has to go" movement.

 

The complacency with most of our fanbase is enraging, tbh.

 

 

Edited by Socialist_Owl
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/07/2020 at 11:12, owls maniac said:

In hindsight that game was a turning point in our season. Put in a top notch away performance and then a week later get dry bummed by Blackburn. 

Ay , never looked back since we sang Leeds are falling apart again 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't deny he's a quality manager, but it baffles me how he gets his points across with not being able to speak a word of English,how does he get his passion, anger across? 

If he's giving his team a bollocking, does he scream at his translator, who then screams at the team, doesn't have the same effect, obviously works though. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/07/2020 at 10:35, Ronnie Starling said:

A great achievement to get promotion out of the Championship which is lottery but shows what a good coach he is. He highlighted what was required, got the players in, coached them and got the rewards for the hard work. He will do well in the Premier League and Leeds will do well to keep him. It goes to show that if your football club has strong leadership from top to bottom and everyone works together you can achieve great things.


It doesn’t need good leadership at the very top. If you look at the pigs they had a boardroom squabble but they had a manager who was determined to succeed. They had the court case going on but they left Wilder to it. Now with the new training ground both them and Leeds look set to leave us behind. Having said that, Leeds will become a top team again if they go along with their plans and stick with Bielsa. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SouthStand75 said:


It doesn’t need good leadership at the very top. If you look at the pigs they had a boardroom squabble but they had a manager who was determined to succeed. They had the court case going on but they left Wilder to it. Now with the new training ground both them and Leeds look set to leave us behind. Having said that, Leeds will become a top team again if they go along with their plans and stick with Bielsa. 

I would say they showed good leadership by giving the manager the tools he requested to do the job and didn't interfere.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Messi wants him at Barcelona and Bielsa hasn’t signed a new deal yet.

 

Can’t see it but Messi is deeply unhappy at Barca and wants big change or he’s off when his deals up. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NorfolkNChance said:

Messi wants him at Barcelona and Bielsa hasn’t signed a new deal yet.

 

Can’t see it but Messi is deeply unhappy at Barca and wants big change or he’s off when his deals up. 

This would be brilliant. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, NorfolkNChance said:

Messi wants him at Barcelona and Bielsa hasn’t signed a new deal yet.

 

Can’t see it but Messi is deeply unhappy at Barca and wants big change or he’s off when his deals up.  

Messi's done.  This ain't 2014 anymore, his pull is gone.

 

Bielsa would never take Barcelona, mind.  You'd think for a second he'd want that kind of interference in his job?  This is the guy who walks in 2 weeks if promises aren't kept.

Edited by Socialist_Owl
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Messi certainly looks "done"

 

La Liga Top scorers - Spain 2019/2020

 

The winning top scorer in La Liga, Spain during the season 2019/2020 was Lionel Messi with 25 goals scored.

 

Player --> Team --> Goals

1.Lionel Messi - Barcelona - 25

2.Karim Benzema - Real Madrid - 21

3.Gerard Moreno - Villarreal -18

4.Luis Suarez - Barcelona - 16

5.Raúl Garcia - Athletic Bilbao -15

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Socialist_Owl said:

Messi's done.  This ain't 2014 anymore, his pull is gone.

 

Bielsa would never take Barcelona, mind.  You'd think for a second he'd want that kind of interference in his job?  This is the guy who walks in 2 weeks if promises aren't kept.

 

You don't follow European football do you.

Link to post
Share on other sites

First mistake Chansiri did when he took over and with funds he had on his disposal was not going for top class manager right away. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Biesla's high tempo game with limited players means they are pretty good until 3/4 of the way through the season when the team tire and drop off and fall at the final fence.  This happened at Bilbao, Marseille and Leeds.  

 

The enforced COVID break gave the Leeds players to rest they needed, so COVID bascially got Leeds promoted. 

 

Same will happen next year, everyone will be ******** over him and Leeds and then they'll finish 15th. 

Edited by Rogers
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/07/2020 at 13:35, Spuddy01 said:

Can't deny he's a quality manager, but it baffles me how he gets his points across with not being able to speak a word of English,how does he get his passion, anger across? 

If he's giving his team a bollocking, does he scream at his translator, who then screams at the team, doesn't have the same effect, obviously works though. 

 

apparently he can speak english, just prefers to do his interviews with a translator

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/07/2020 at 16:09, WalthamOwl said:

Brilliant manager. So many big names in the game rate him so highly. Bloody Leeds. I hate them. 

Why hate Leeds? They have got their act together. Not sure why thats a reason to hate them. We need to look closer to home.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...