5 minutes ago, pahowl said:

I can't see football stadia being allowed any more than 1/3 capacity (each alternative row and then spacing between each family group on a row)

Can you see football fans agreeing to arrive at different times and also leaving row by row under direction after the final whistle?

I follow The New England patriots in the NFL and they've just announced their capacity for next season will be reduced to 20% of their stadium.

I was trying to work out the capacity for Hillsborough and for the North Stand I estimated around 800 would be safely allowed on the following restrictions :-

2 people to a row of seats per block of seats so people could safely leave seat to exit without having to directly go past anyone with a row left clear between each occupied row for further distancing although this could be scrapped I guess and each row could be occupied with 2 people spread out across the rows so people are more than 2 metres apart on or between rows which would then take the capacity to about 1,600.  

The South Stand you could have about 50 people spread across the whole stand safely seated 2 metres apart and with a big walkway in front of them so not having to directly pass people to exit and then again 2 people per row of seats in each block you cold get about 600

I reckon the ground could hold about 5,000 fans with total social distancing    

42 minutes ago, owl-zat said:

I follow The New England patriots in the NFL and they've just announced their capacity for next season will be reduced to 20% of their stadium.

I was trying to work out the capacity for Hillsborough and for the North Stand I estimated around 800 would be safely allowed on the following restrictions :-

2 people to a row of seats per block of seats so people could safely leave seat to exit without having to directly go past anyone with a row left clear between each occupied row for further distancing although this could be scrapped I guess and each row could be occupied with 2 people spread out across the rows so people are more than 2 metres apart on or between rows which would then take the capacity to about 1,600.  

The South Stand you could have about 50 people spread across the whole stand safely seated 2 metres apart and with a big walkway in front of them so not having to directly pass people to exit and then again 2 people per row of seats in each block you cold get about 600

You're forgetting that family groups can sit together. It's likely capacity will be severely reduced however I'm sure the South Stand can safely hold more than 50! 

Season Tickets were on sale for the early bird and I would have thought around 10000 were sold max. It would be fair if those people were allowed in first as they made the commitment (and are currently the only ones with a valid ticket!)

• Like 1

Probably best not bothering to write anything remotely 'controversial'. Typical of the current policy in the country of gagging any opinions that don't completely conform with current 'correct'  PC views.

About 10 posts removed by Mods for some obscure PC correct reason.

Maybe stick to "Have we got a song for Da Cruz yet"?

• Like 6
10 minutes ago, mark77 said:

You're forgetting that family groups can sit together. It's likely capacity will be severely reduced however I'm sure the South Stand can safely hold more than 50! 

50 across the front row (because you can exit on the wide walkway without directly passing anyone and then 2 per row per block so probably about 600 as a guesstimate for the lower tier!

With regards family groups sitting together, i think it would be too hard to supervise and people would sit together and argue the throw so to save all that hassle they shouldn't allow it.

There should be marked seats where people must sit like there are on a lot of buses at the moment and if you don't conform then your ejected, as simple as that.

Edited by owl-zat
21 hours ago, bigthinrob said:

Probably best not bothering to write anything remotely 'controversial'. Typical of the current policy in the country of gagging any opinions that don't completely conform with current 'correct'  PC views.

About 10 posts removed by Mods for some obscure PC correct reason.

Maybe stick to "Have we got a song for Da Cruz yet"?

I deleted ALL political posts (from BOTH sides)

There's a politics section for everyone to rant about the other side of the political spectrum

Feel free to post your political views in there

But I want the football section free of anti-boris, anti-government, anti lefties/righties, BLM, Tommy Robinson nonsense thanks

This is (and always HAS been) our policy in the football section 

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

6 hours ago, owl-zat said:

50 across the front row (because you can exit on the wide walkway without directly passing anyone and then 2 per row per block so probably about 600 as a guesstimate for the lower tier!

With regards family groups sitting together, i think it would be too hard to supervise and people would sit together and argue the throw so to save all that hassle they shouldn't allow it.

There should be marked seats where people must sit like there are on a lot of buses at the moment and if you don't conform then your ejected, as simple as that.

They will know who familys are as they are only going to be allow season ticket holders in so everyone will be placed before the first game. You have to sit families together. I have 3 very young children, they have to sit with me!

2 hours ago, mark77 said:

They will know who familys are as they are only going to be allow season ticket holders in so everyone will be placed before the first game. You have to sit families together. I have 3 very young children, they have to sit with me!

That’s understandable but you just know people will sit together and claim they are family.

20 hours ago, Daizan10 said:

I, for one, don't trust a word that man says. If he says its safe to go to sporting events then stay the hell away. 

Oh so it’s all down to “ that man “ is it then ? Whatever he says you will ignore then ?   . out of interest who do you trust , Trump , China , Russia . Monk ? 

21 hours ago, markg said:

Really hope so.

I haven't missed watching us play but have missed the routing of going to Hillsborough and talking to people around me much more than I thought I would. 

I have not missed the routing. Seen too many of those this season.

22 hours ago, markg said:

Really hope so.

I haven't missed watching us play but have missed the routing of going to Hillsborough and talking to people around me much more than I thought I would. 

they'll not be allowed around you.

50 on't kop, 100 in't north, and 20,000 in't sarf in line with the government's treatment of the elderly.

• Haha 1
19 hours ago, owl-zat said:

the ground will likely hold more but it's social distancing on the concourses, toilets, and exits at the end of a game.

1 hour ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Oh so it’s all down to “ that man “ is it then ? Whatever he says you will ignore then ?   . out of interest who do you trust , Trump , China , Russia . Monk ? 

monk first, the other 3 equal last.

i think boris is out to prove himself popular and a decent guy, and its not working in this crisis, it's making him look indecisive.

the time calls for strong leadership, not pie in the sky promises of a clear Christmas.

by all means see IF you can get people back to work, but be warned we haven't got over the first wave (are china on their third?), and winter only just over a quarter of a year away with low temperatures that c19 appears to spread best in (see the number of meat plants in the uk heavily infected).

time will tell, but i wouldn't imagine many season tickets will be sold, if any.

the horrendous costs of running a football club are bound to come hammering home if and when a second wave hits us, can many survive?, can the government furlough footballers wages?, can we print enough money?

• Thanks 1
20 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

There's a politics section for everyone to rant about the other side of the political spectrum

Feel free to post your political views in there

But I want the football section free of anti-boris, anti-government, anti lefties/righties, BLM, Tommy Robinson nonsense thanks

This is (and always HAS been) our policy in the football section 

HEAR, HEAR!

I dont think crowds are going to be much of an issue at Hillsboough even when we are let in.

The general mood of depression amongst many of the fan base, and worse than that, apathy, mean that there wont be a massive backlog of fans wanting to get in.

The genius stewardship of DC has managed to turn off loads of fans and some wont be coming back.

Just driven past the ground by Hillsborough park and kids and adults are training. Seen about half a dozen United shirts and a Man City shirt and zero Wednesday shirts.  

1 minute ago, Kefalonia said:

The virus is virtually gone in Sheffield except for Parson Cross, Firvale and Darnall. 

Can we just ban people that live in these areas.

Where's that data/info come from?

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop