George Hirst in Leicester squad tonight

3 hours ago, BIG D said:

So we lost him for bugger all, buy him back for £1-2M and he flops.

Even by our standards that would be some going.

Could be worse, it cost Man Utd £90m to buy back Paul Pogba and he hasn't exactly been a roaring success second time round.

£2m to us is probably about the same as £90m to Man Utd though in terms of income and budgets. 

8 hours ago, gurujuan said:

I’d definitely take him. Better still, if Leicester make the Champions League, I’m sure they’ll be looking to add a top striker to the group, in which case I’d like to see us try and buy Hirst back. He’s nowhere near the finished article yet, so wouldn’t necessarily be a regular starter here, but he’d be further up the pecking order We have very few strikers coming through our development squads, certainly none that can challenge in the immediate future. As well as a bit of experience, we will need to recruit a few in their early 20s so we have a succession plan, and George definitely fits the bill. Would DC find it too galling to now have to pay a fee for George Hirst? Probably, but if it is for the good of the club, sometimes you have to swallow your pride

If you understand 1 thing about Thai cultyure and loss of face, you will know that this will NEVER happen.

1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Really? Do you have the detail or a link?   

Ill try and find the article i read a few weeks back. Went on about how he'd put his Belgium problems behind him and returned to the form he showed for us and could potentially get a call to the first team. He now has had the call and played so i assume there was truth in it. Ill have a look now

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Ill try and find the article i read a few weeks back. Went on about how he'd put his Belgium problems behind him and returned to the form he showed for us and could potentially get a call to the first team. He now has had the call and played so i assume there was truth in it. Ill have a look now

Cheers.   Not going to use him if they don't think he has something. 

Guest Therealrealist
17 hours ago, steelerian said:

If you understand 1 thing about Thai cultyure and loss of face, you will know that this will NEVER happen.

I love how everybody who have spent a few weeks in Pattaya are experts on Thai culture

33 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

I love how everybody who have spent a few weeks in Pattaya are experts on Thai culture

yeah me too, but I've lived in Thailand for 11 years so far, so I'm a slightly better judge than a typical Pattaya tourist.

• Haha 2

On 21/07/2020 at 09:51, dewsburyowl58 said:

Can’t see any point in wanting him back at all , it would be a gamble at least .Leicester City football club is run brilliantly, the stadium is first class , a brand new training complex is being built which looks amazing , the football played at the KP is a joy to watch , they are up at the top end of the premiership, jealous me  !! too right . Just can’t see us improving at all in any department just now . 

Always helps to remember they went into administration to achieve that though, AFAIK

1 minute ago, jomaco said:

Always helps to remember they went into administration to achieve that though, AFAIK

They did cheat by going into admin to cancel their debts,  and came out of it with a brand new stadium.

However in using this to diss their recent achievements, a lot of people forget that after they went into admin they went down to League One and made their way back again. 

36 minutes ago, alanharper said:

However in using this to diss their recent achievements, a lot of people forget that after they went into admin they went down to League One and made their way back again.

I'm not sure that's true, of that season anyway.

LCFC moved in to a new stadium in June 2002 (Cost £37m) went in to Admin in Oct 2002 (owing £30m), and were promoted to the PL the same season (Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2002–03_Football_League_First_Division).  The tax man was owed £7m from LCFC, but only got back £0.6m.  That's £6.4m you and me have to pay for, either in more taxes, or in reduced services.  26 people at LCFC lost their job within days of them going in to Admin.   LCFC also owed £16k to the Ambulance service, and another £4k to St Johns Ambulance.  These are public and charity organisations that are there to help LCFC staff and visitors, but they were cast aside.

The stadium builders were owed £Ms (Source: https://www.constructionnews.co.uk/archive/leicester-boots-birse-cash-claim-into-touch-01-05-2003/) and Leicester then bought the stadium back from another creditor who owned the stadium after administration for £17m.  That's £20m saved right there.

There are some shysters in the footballing world, Leicester are up there near the top of the pile.

1 hour ago, jomaco said:

Not sure that administration is the reason they are in such a good position now . Any club that ends up in administration has a blight on their history almost shameful in my eyes .