George Hirst in Leicester squad tonight

Guest Therealrealist
5 minutes ago, bobness said:

How sad is it that I punch the air when i see the Blades have lost? I know people like to say they don't care, but for me, the Blades clinching a Euro spot will add to our humiliation this season.

Supporting Wednesday is starting to feel a bit tinpot. You could say this feeling has cake balled since cake ball. 

Nothing sad about that..them missin out on europe will bring some joy to me from this joyless decade..people who say they dont care about how utd do are either out of towners..or lying

Weird isn’t it, the lad leaves in hope of better career and odd thing is, he’d likely have played quite a bit by now if he’d have stayed and would be one of our only forwards left in books next term. 

Grass isn’t always greener and most young players need to be playing competitive football to develop.   

3 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Weird isn’t it, the lad leaves in hope of better career and odd thing is, he’d likely have played quite a bit by now if he’d have stayed and would be one of our only forwards left in books next term. 

Grass isn’t always greener and most young players need to be playing competitive football to develop.   

He's loaded, in the Premier League, and no doubt going to push on in coming months/years

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

He's loaded, in the Premier League, and no doubt going to push on in coming months/years

Time will tell. Plenty have been tempted by the cash, not fulfilled early promise whilst waiting an opportunity. 

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Let's be honest

If you were George Hirst right now you'd be looking at SWFC and thinking 'corrrr.... I dodged a bullet there by clearing off'

I’d actually be thinking I could have got 10-20 appearances this season and potentially be a regular starter next term. 

I wish him no harm in his career, and hope he makes most of himself but feel like he’s wasted two important years of his development. 

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Let's be honest

If you were George Hirst right now you'd be looking at SWFC and thinking 'corrrr.... I dodged a bullet there by clearing off'

Not really done much tho.  Not done anything.

He'll be plying trade at this level again to resuscitate career.  

• Like 1

Guest Grandad
3 hours ago, adelphi1867 said:

Why?.

He actually played in league games for us, so what?.

By the way, how old is he now?.

tenor.gif.f720402d0a08e3e309b9e48c9ed0486e.gif

4 hours ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Because like it or not he has played for us and I for one would be happy if he came on and scored the winner against them lot.

Couldn’t care less .. they are irrelevant to me and many others . Until we me them on a match day again they are just another try hard club 

4 hours ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Don’t think it’s got anything to do with that at all , we have moved on but he’s an ex Wednesday player , I for one am interested to see how he gets on . Enjoyed Vardys goal at theirs as well . 

The description of him as an ex Wednesday player hardly fits the bill. 

We've had another thread about Eddie Mcgoldrick earlier and he turned out for us 4 times. His most noticable moment involving us was when Loovens cut him in half at Ipswich.

3 hours ago, Philb125 said:

Time will tell. Plenty have been tempted by the cash, not fulfilled early promise whilst waiting an opportunity. 

If he doesn’t, he can drop down to where we are and try again