Ryan Lowe with an experienced director of football to assist him. Maybe someone like Martin o Niel.

55 minutes ago, Swiss Toni said:

Paxo would still probably get it wrong and we’d end up with Bertie Bassett.

Yep, and no doubt on a "Sweet" deal too .......sorry!!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Therealrealist said:

Paul Cooke..he’s leavin Wigan at the end of the season..it’s a no brainer

Was one of my preferred choices when Bruce left us in the lurch. Monk was a disastrous backwards appointment. Cook seems to get limited teams in terms of quality and budget, and seems to improve them and get them playing well despite the constraints. Our job is a difficult one, with our owner and P&S but that doesn't make our results during the 2nd half of the season acceptable. A decent manager that knows this level and can work with a tight budget, wouldn't have waved the white flags after Christmas.

I don't see Monk as the answer long term, especially since he hasn't stayed long term in any of his previous jobs. We as a club need to smarten up off the pitch, operate more sustainably and build a more of a second tier team (by that I mean a younger, more athletic and battle hardened side) and we need to start selling players or bringing in players to make a profit. Despite all of our off the field deficiencies as a club, football is a results business and results simply have been abysmal after Christmas, a rebuild is needed along with a new manager and/or a DOF to efficiently carry out that rebuilding process long term, Monk isn't the right man for a long term job. 

• Like 1

Well said night owl, think he would be a very good fit for us

Has anyone seriously suggested Joey Barton on here ? I don’t remember it if they have... was it the same person who suggested Raoul Moat .

3 hours ago, Plonk said:

Ryan Lowe with an experienced director of football to assist him. Maybe someone like Martin o Niel.

I'd go with Martin, not keen on Niel. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Swiss Toni said:

Paxo would still probably get it wrong and we’d end up with Bertie Bassett.

Takes Allsorts!

• Haha 3

The fact people are even suggesting the likes of Big Sam and McCarthy, shows why they don’t make the decisions.

Cook would be a great choice should we need a replacement. What he has achieved with Wigan currently is incredible. Probably ready for step up to a bigger club. However, Monk I feel could achieve something here. Not his fault the squad he was given, a load of overpaid, half arsed players.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, A12owl said:

McCarthy is just sooooo boring and plays boring football. My many Ipswich friends were glad to see the back of him. 

Ipswich have done brilliantly since McCarthy left there haven’t they.

Edited by Westfield Owl

2 minutes ago, Westfield Owl said:

Ipswich have done brilliantly without McCarthy haven’t they.

It's only my opinion but I just don't think he's the right man for the job. Zero charisma. If you think Monks pressers are one dimensional then McC would send you to sleep. 

The manager I have wanted for years is Mark Robins. I think he is really underrated 

Bring owd Bertie in 

28 minutes ago, A12owl said:

It's only my opinion but I just don't think he's the right man for the job. Zero charisma. If you think Monks pressers are one dimensional then McC would send you to sleep. 

I never listen to press conferences, regardless of who our manager is.

Not saying McCarthy is the right man to replace Monk, as he’s been out of managing in the Championship for a couple of years now.  But but the main thing that matters is results on the pitch.

Moaning that a manager never cracks any jokes, doesn’t get ‘animated’ on the touch line or rarely smiles, aren’t factors that I care about.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RevOwl said:

I keep reading how fans have list faith in Monk. How he's clueless tactically etc. I for one agree i'm not his biggest fan but if he was to be pushed then who would be the right manager for us? Managers that have been suggested on here are Gareth Ainsworth, Joey Barton, Carl Robinson plus one or two more but who or why would any one of them want this job really apart from the financial side of it? We need a manager that can build a team with a we're in this together mentality and is capable of getting the best out of the rest. He must also know how to handle an owner who's not very clued up on running a football club. Lee Bowyer is probably the only manager that would suit that criteria that might be available over the next few weeks unless Pep or Klopp fancy stepping down a division which i rather doubt. 

Another pointless thread

Chris Hughton would be the best choice from the crop of 'available' managers. 

That being said he wouldn't touch us with a barge pole and I don't blame him. As long as the club continues to be run like a mess we'll never have any success on the pitch. 

It's pointless sacking monk until things change higher up. 

• Like 1

I don't personally think that sacking Monk would be beneficial to us whatsoever, simply because of the current managers who would be available. I don't think there would be much of an upgrade available to us that we could afford. 

That being said, I definitely wouldn't trust him to bring in the players that we need in the transfer window. He signed 11 players at boro and look where they are now. I feel like this upcoming window will be the biggest we've had in years and he needs to get it right. 

We won't get a high profile manager until all the things around the club settle down and the manager knows that he can work without intervention from the top. The fact that Monk is still without the background staff of his choosing speaks a lot.

10 hours ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

We're not in court.

You know what I mean 

10 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Anyone is better than Monk literally anyone.

All depends on finance, if we win in court and have some money Jokanovic is the way to go. 

If we want results in a budget McCarthey is the way to go.

But again anyone is better than Monk 

Jos Luhaky is out of a job . . . . . . . . .

1 minute ago, Andrew6666 said:

Jos Luhaky is out of a job . . . . . . . . .

Monk is worse than him !!!

However not by much. 

• Haha 2