GARRY MONK - All posts about Garry Monk in here please

7 minutes ago, torryowl said:

he's never been relegated and as a good track record of finishing in mid table and if we can do that for next couple of years while we sort out the financial woes then he'll have done a good job . 

He's never made the play offs either, if mid table obscurity or just making the numbers up is our ambition, then fine 

1 minute ago, DJMortimer said:

Helping Swansea stay in the Premier league twice (including doubles over Manchester United and Arsenal) isn't "anything of note"?

Tough crowd.

That's some honours board, along with missing out on the play offs with Leeds and Middlesbrough and just staying up with Birmingham and us. 

Just now, The Night-Owl said:

He's never made the play offs either, if mid table obscurity or just making the numbers up is our ambition, then fine 

well it is isnt it ........we cant buy players , we cant pay big wages, we have to get rid of the big earners  under those conditions i think treading water  in mid table will be quite an achievement . 

Just now, The Night-Owl said:

That's some honours board, along with missing out on the play offs with Leeds and Middlesbrough and just staying up with Birmingham and us. 

We're a mid-table Championship team with a threadbare squad, awaiting the outcome of a hearing which could relegate us to a division that may not even be playing next season and could be in financial trouble again soon (depending on the next accounts and whether any changes are made to regulations due to the interruption of the season). 

Which multi title winning managers do you reckon will be queuing down Penistone Road for that job?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Guest Mr Tom
9 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Helping Swansea stay in the Premier league twice (including doubles over Manchester United and Arsenal) isn't "anything of note"?

Tough crowd.

But what has he done for us?

Just now, alanharper said:

Keep him because he's got a "good" track record of finishing midtable?

Good God... 

where do you think we should be with our financial woes .?.......you want to get real, weve spent about 10 bob in the last 3 years and you seriously expect us to be challenging for promotion ....

• Like 1

Guest Mr Tom
Just now, DJMortimer said:

We're a mid-table Championship team with a threadbare squad, awaiting the outcome of a hearing which could relegate us to a division that may not even be playing next season and could be in financial trouble again soon (depending on the next accounts and whether any changes are made to regulations due to the interruption of the season). 

Which multi title winning managers do you reckon will be queuing down Penistone Road for that job?

Threadbare squad because he's fallen out with them/ refused to play them/ slate them publicly because his dour tactics failed again. 

His poor man management is to blame

Guest Mr Tom
5 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

JampackedYellowishGalago-max-1mb.gif

Dunno what that is but looks to me you are pro Monk. Tell me what you see in him and show me where I'm going wrong

Guest Mr Tom
Just now, @owlstalk said:

Wednesday sacked Carlos 

And Derek Dooley

And Trevor Francis

And didnt' renew Big Ron's contract

What has that got to do with keeping Monk?

Guest Mr Tom
Just now, DJMortimer said:

Chelsea have sacked Mourinho twice. He must be really crap.

Tell me why we should keep Monk