GARRY MONK - All posts about Garry Monk in here please

31 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

And there's me thinking that we're 15th...wtf do I know

Form table, first half of season 3, 2nd half 23rd!

Form in second half of the season is not relegation form, its adrift at the bottom of the table form!

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

Form table, first half of season 3, 2nd half 23rd!

Form in second half of the season is not relegation form, its adrift at the bottom of the table form!

If we'd been in mediocre midtable form for the second half of the season we'd be in the top 6 now. Fact. 

If it's true about that rolling contract thing, then Monk will probably be gone once the season ends? I'd be amazed and concerned if he's still here next season, after our abysmal second half of this season and it would be a mistake to trust in Monk to rebuild the squad. We need a fresh approach on and off the pitch, a younger, more athletic and physical squad; a better coaching and scouting set up, a DOF and DC needs to learn from mistakes and to be more astute. 

• Like 1

Guest Mr Tom
1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

People who trot out the old 'we were third at Christmas under Monk' when slating him seem to have absolutely no sense of irony in their posts bizarrely

We weren't much cop then. If I recall prior to Christmas Monk had said the games were coming thick and fast and he hadn't had much time to implement his ideas. He got that time over Christmas as he himself said in interviews. He then slated the players when results and improvements dipped further.

8 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

If it's true about that rolling contract thing, then Monk will probably be gone once the season ends? 

I fail to see how it makes any difference one way or the other. Either the chairman will want to dismiss him or he won't.

20 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

I fail to see how it makes any difference one way or the other. Either the chairman will want to dismiss him or he won't.

Most other chairmen would get rid due to the abysmal form over the second half of the season. DC seems to give his managers time. I'd have thought the rolling contract would make it easier to make a change but DC seems to take time to react and doesn't seem to learn from mistakes. If he sticks by Monk, hopefully he's proven right but personally I don't see Monk as the right man long term and I don't see him lasting the season, next season, if he's still in charge at the start of next season. 

Just now, The Night-Owl said:

I don't see him lasting the season, next season, if he's still in charge at the start of next season. 

Remind me again the average lifespan of a football manager, then tell me why you might consider your prediction groundbreaking

lol

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, Mr Tom said:

We weren't much cop then. If I recall prior to Christmas Monk had said the games were coming thick and fast and he hadn't had much time to implement his ideas. He got that time over Christmas as he himself said in interviews. He then slated the players when results and improvements dipped further.

lol.......yer making up as you go along .... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FreshOwl said:

You haven’t a clue on football Neil mate. You crack me up in the dressing room though lol 

We'll be posting a Form Table in minute increments at this rate in a bid to make it look good........ Our form was superb for 7 minutes against Hudders Sid.png.ce4a58b18036e98d9e040ed8890b4572.png.c0de232009804db80dc6b1a6bb78b25f.png

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Remind me again the average lifespan of a football manager, then tell me why you might consider your prediction groundbreaking

lol

The likes of Colin have seemingly been around forever but looking at Monk's record he's not stayed anywhere longer than a year and not achieved anything of note. 

Just now, The Night-Owl said:

looking at Monk's record he's not stayed anywhere longer than a year and not achieved anything of note. 

he's never been relegated and as a good track record of finishing in mid table and if we can do that for next couple of years while we sort out the financial woes then he'll have done a good job . 

• Like 1

Guest Mr Tom
2 minutes ago, torryowl said:

he's never been relegated and as a good track record of finishing in mid table and if we can do that for next couple of years while we sort out the financial woes then he'll have done a good job . 

That's some ambition you've got right there. You should contact DC and get him to take it out as an ad for Early Bird

:ghoulguy:

6 minutes ago, torryowl said:

Keep him because he's got a "good" track record of finishing midtable?

Good God... 

14 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

The likes of Colin have seemingly been around forever but looking at Monk's record he's not stayed anywhere longer than a year and not achieved anything of note. 

Helping Swansea stay in the Premier league twice (including doubles over Manchester United and Arsenal) isn't "anything of note"?

Tough crowd.

• Like 1