GARRY MONK - All posts about Garry Monk in here please

Just now, daveyboy66 said:

And too many internet personas desperate to be right even if it means the club suffering...come back Tonto all is forgiven

If you think people with a different view to yours means they want to see the club suffer then you can't see the wood for the trees.

• Love 1

2 hours ago, jonnyowl said:

Do the games before the restart not count?

17 points from 63, that's not relegation form, thats cut adrift at the bottom form!

So why are we 15th and not bottom and without this EFL crap we'd be looking to plan next season...you must be gutted

6 minutes ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

Fair enough, but it's also about realising the mammoth size of the task in hand.

Which is why I think this is the right time to rip it all apart and start from scratch instead of persisting with players who are stale, on big money and seem to need special treatment from management.

Build a level playing field with all players on equitable terms who know what is expected of them and what is unacceptable.

I hate comparisons to the unwashed over in S2 but they have a no nonsense manager and no swinging dicks on massive money and every players works hard for the rest of the team.

I totally understand the massive task in hand and have been lucky enough to witness such hard working Wednesday teams with no prima donnas under Charlton and Wilkinson. I hope one day to see such a Wednesday team again.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, full fathom five said:

Wilder and Ferguson would do much the same but they would back it up with a clear style of play, a clear sense of direction and most importantly by winning more games. Even achieving one of these things would be a start, sorry but Monk hasn't shown even the slightest signs of doing this and before you say the culling of our high earners, just how much is that down to Monk or the nessacity of our current financial position.

We have changed the style of play. We've changed formation to suit the players we have left. There's no guarantee that this formation is the one monk wants in the long term  but it's a fix for the situation we are in.

I'm not sure how Monk or any manager for that matter can state publicly what style and direction they will employ until we know what the hearing outcome is, what league we're in and how much money we have to spend.

We just have to be patient.

Who knows your prayers may be answered if Monk doesn't get the backing he needs from DC to implement his plan...he may well walk.

Edited by OwlBiSeeinThi

1 minute ago, full fathom five said:

I totally understand the massive task in hand and have been lucky enough to witness such hard working Wednesday teams with no prima donnas under Charlton and Wilkinson. I hope one day to see such a Wednesday team again.

On that we can agree.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, full fathom five said:

Garry Monk is the first manager since then to promise to achieve that and to strive for exactly that

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, full fathom five said:

If you think people with a different view to yours means they want to see the club suffer then you can't see the wood for the trees.

Someone who has spent all day on different threads saying the same thing about our manager over and over again has issues...not sure what they are but a lack of self esteem springs to mind 

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Not even before Christmas?

Honestly mate and you don't have to believe me but it's true. Both myself and the lads i go with could not believe we were in the position we were in before Christmas. We all kept saying we were very lucky (not always a bad thing)to be up there. We usually bump into many Blades, L##ds and Barnsley fans in our local after the match and when they were saying (from the outside looking in) that Monks doing a good job, another result, we were telling them, Honestly we were awful again today, we aren't very good. And so it proved.

11 hours ago, Plonk said:

If he knows what needs doing why doesn’t he do it? Why is he talking about home form when we are playing away?

Id imagine he was asked about it. 

Edited by Daizan10

2 minutes ago, full fathom five said:

Honestly mate and you don't have to believe me but it's true. Both myself and the lads i go with could not believe we were in the position we were in before Christmas. We all kept saying we were very lucky (not always a bad thing)to be up there. We usually bump into many Blades, L##ds and Barnsley fans in our local after the match and when they were saying (from the outside looking in) that Monks doing a good job, another result, we were telling them, Honestly we were awful again today, we aren't very good. And so it proved.

I think that's what most have been saying. We were in a very lucky false position after playing pretty poorly. The post Christmas form has corrected that leaving us in the mid table position were were probably destined for without the EFL deduction.

Next season fresh start with an embryonic team. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Joe Wildsmith

I’ve said it with Joe and Cammy, they’ve got the right profile, they’re young and hungry and they’ve got experience with them.

Cam came in with some difficult circumstances and did well. I rate them both highly and I wanted to use this period to see what Joey could do.

There’s going to be some healthy competition between the two of them.

They both can improve on anything, they’re soft skills, they’re distribution. They know that. We’ve had a talk about this and they have the attitude to do that, that’s key.

They’ll have ups and downs, they both will. It’s going to be an interesting competition. They’re friends, which is good and they want to better one another.

Please keep Joe in!

4 minutes ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

I think that's what most have been saying. We were in a very lucky false position after playing pretty poorly. The post Christmas form has corrected that leaving us in the mid table position were were probably destined for without the EFL deduction.

Next season fresh start with an embryonic team. 

Absolutely... we would be looking at the transition now but without the EFL crap people wouldn't  be going doolally

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, full fathom five said:

FFF.. you make fair points but have you have defeated yourself.. I think deep down you know it.

Both Charlton and Wilkinson built teams that were hand picked.

Garry Monk has been handed a plate of spaghetti to plait..

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

All the players now seem happy after the dressing room clearout has started and since the forced break

Time will tell and it's all irrelevant unless they start winning football matches. He's on borrowed time imo.

Hope I'm so wrong 

Just now, meggoisgod said:

Time will tell and it's all irrelevant unless they start winning football matches. He's on borrowed time imo.

Hope I'm so wrong 

4 points from the last 6

Two clean sheets in a row

Players happier now than they've been in ages
New formation/system working a treat

Owlstalk Shop

8 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

FFF.. you make fair points but have you have defeated yourself.. I think deep down you know it.

Both Charlton and Wilkinson built teams that were hand picked.

Garry Monk has been handed a plate of spaghetti to plait..

You and i both know that a Charlton or Wilkinson would have got this group of players and even the "troublemakers" playing a damn sight better than Monk has managed to. Why because they were both leaders who commanded respect and were WINNERS.

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

4 points from the last 6

Two clean sheets in a row

Players happier now than they've been in ages
New formation/system working a treat

7 points out of 18 is pìss poor ....

I'm 100% behind this manager ...

But don't flannel over the fact that this form is anything but pedestrian..

Its kitchen sink time....

6 points or don't bother coming home the doors locked and the locks are changed ....

• Like 1