Jump to content

GARRY MONK - All posts about Garry Monk in here please


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, jonnyowl said:

Jovankovic proven track record!

And just out of interest, why would he want this job? Prescription expired

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, full fathom five said:

We would be out of the football league if we did this with some of the managers we've had lately.

Are the managers the issue? Or is the issue elsewhere in the club? 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/07/2020 at 12:31, Doctor Duran said:

without sounding like a stuck record.. I'm one of his supporters.. I want him to be given an opportunity

to build a team, which he can do this summer / pre-season

 

If it goes to a crock of sheitte by xmas (ie not in top 10).. then I'll be not one of his supporters.. simples.

 

I’m one with the Doctor!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, prowl said:

You can identify who you like but that doesn't mean they want the job. Monk's what we could get, so we got him.

 

If you give the name of who you think we should employ and who would take the job on, I suspect there will be plenty who disagree with your choice.

Rightly so, it's a game of opinions, that's why we are on here debating, some will like Monk, some won't.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

So progress in the right direction isn't good enough. You want instant success and instant gratification.

Why don't we get a new manager every two months so we can experience an eternal new manager bounce. 😆

 

Progress? 7 points from 6 games is still just about relegation form.

 

As I said in another thread yesterday, after 23 games of the season we were 20 points clear of the bottom 3. The fact that 21 games later we are now only 11 points clear of the bottom 3 is a reflection on the performance of the team and the manager. That's not progress.

 

The EFL case has been brought as a result of the way the club has been run off the field but the fact is we should not be in a position where a significant points deduction could see us relegated. All we needed to do to avoid that was to match the form of the worst 3 teams in the division over half the season.

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

 

Progress? 7 points from 6 games is still just about relegation form.

 

As I said in another thread yesterday, after 23 games of the season we were 20 points clear of the bottom 3. The fact that 21 games later we are now only 11 points clear of the bottom 3 is a reflection on the performance of the team and the manager. That's not progress.

 

The EFL case has been brought as a result of the way the club has been run off the field but the fact is we should not be in a position where a significant points deduction could see us relegated. All we needed to do to avoid that was to match the form of the worst 3 teams in the division over half the season.

 

 

You disagree things have changed for the better since the restart?

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, full fathom five said:

Rightly so, it's a game of opinions, that's why we are on here debating, some will like Monk, some won't.

I don't like or dislike him. He's of no importance one way or the other, he's just our manager at the present time. In a couple of years he most likely will have got fired or been enticed elsewhere for a bigger or better job.

 

At present he's what we have, we tried for other managers but they weren't interested, as far as we know Monk was the best available at the time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

You disagree things have changed for the better since the restart?

 

The bar was set at a level that was basically on the floor, there was only one team worse than us in the country in 2020. 8 points from 7 games is still a pretty poor return, basically relegation form.

Edited by hirstyboywonder
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

You disagree things have changed for the better since the restart?

Do the games before the restart not count?

 

17 points from 63, that's not relegation form, thats cut adrift at the bottom form!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DIPPS_S.W.F.C said:

Worse record then Jos,absolutely terrible since xmas,hasnt got a clue,tactics wise/identity,not convinced one bit and you Monkers need to look at his track record,sorry nothing against the bloke personally but he's gash.....

Thing is we are stuck with him as DC aint got a clue either....

UTO

Was you thinking that when he appointed Bruce as the manager?

What about when he appointed a manager who got us in to the playoffs for the first time in decades (more especially the first season)?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DJMortimer said:

 

Sweeping aside the usual glib stuff about tactics and the silly 'them (inferior)' and 'us (superior)' flag waving, you don't think having Birmingham on the edge of the play-offs (not a sniff of them since) and keeping Swansea in the Premier League twice are relatively commendable achievements? And if not, what exactly are you expecting for a club in our circumstances in terms of that kind of record?

 

Is expecting to finish above the likes of Reading and Wigan and not be in the bottom 3 form wise for half a season too much to ask? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, meggoisgod said:

A managers job is to motivate his players...from what I've seen so far he has simply failed to do that

 


All the players now seem happy after the dressing room clearout has started and since the forced break


 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

Do the games before the restart not count?

 

17 points from 63, that's not relegation form, thats cut adrift at the bottom form!

Of course but I'm looking forward not back.

 

Performances since the restart have been so much better, with a lesser squad and although we didn't get the results, the performances have been encouraging. Preston was the worst of the bunch.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

Do the games before the restart not count?

 

 

What about the games before Christmas then?

See - it's easy this plucking only the bits you wanna discuss to prove a point innit

 

lol

 


 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

 


All the players now seem happy after the dressing room clearout has started and since the forced break

That's because players who aren't good enough are now getting game time so they will be happy, doesn't mean we have a better team.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, full fathom five said:

That's because players who aren't good enough are now getting game time so they will be happy, doesn't mean we have a better team.

 

4th in the Championship form table mate

 

FACT

  • Haha 1

 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, full fathom five said:

If only that actually counted for anything at the end of the season.

 

All we need to do is get through the season, not get relegated, then continue the clearout and get rid of the rest of the troublesome players, get some fresh blood in and start the revolution

I"m supporting the club doing that.

Are you?

  • Like 4

 


Owlstalk Shop

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...