GARRY MONK - All posts about Garry Monk in here please

On 15/07/2020 at 12:31, Doctor Duran said:

without sounding like a stuck record.. I'm one of his supporters.. I want him to be given an opportunity

to build a team, which he can do this summer / pre-season

If it goes to a crock of sheitte by xmas (ie not in top 10).. then I'll be not one of his supporters.. simples.

I’m one with the Doctor!

3 hours ago, prowl said:

You can identify who you like but that doesn't mean they want the job. Monk's what we could get, so we got him.

If you give the name of who you think we should employ and who would take the job on, I suspect there will be plenty who disagree with your choice.

Rightly so, it's a game of opinions, that's why we are on here debating, some will like Monk, some won't.

8 hours ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

So progress in the right direction isn't good enough. You want instant success and instant gratification.

Why don't we get a new manager every two months so we can experience an eternal new manager bounce. 😆

Progress? 7 points from 6 games is still just about relegation form.

As I said in another thread yesterday, after 23 games of the season we were 20 points clear of the bottom 3. The fact that 21 games later we are now only 11 points clear of the bottom 3 is a reflection on the performance of the team and the manager. That's not progress.

The EFL case has been brought as a result of the way the club has been run off the field but the fact is we should not be in a position where a significant points deduction could see us relegated. All we needed to do to avoid that was to match the form of the worst 3 teams in the division over half the season.

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Progress? 7 points from 6 games is still just about relegation form.

As I said in another thread yesterday, after 23 games of the season we were 20 points clear of the bottom 3. The fact that 21 games later we are now only 11 points clear of the bottom 3 is a reflection on the performance of the team and the manager. That's not progress.

The EFL case has been brought as a result of the way the club has been run off the field but the fact is we should not be in a position where a significant points deduction could see us relegated. All we needed to do to avoid that was to match the form of the worst 3 teams in the division over half the season.

You disagree things have changed for the better since the restart?

11 minutes ago, full fathom five said:

Rightly so, it's a game of opinions, that's why we are on here debating, some will like Monk, some won't.

I don't like or dislike him. He's of no importance one way or the other, he's just our manager at the present time. In a couple of years he most likely will have got fired or been enticed elsewhere for a bigger or better job.

At present he's what we have, we tried for other managers but they weren't interested, as far as we know Monk was the best available at the time.

5 minutes ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

The bar was set at a level that was basically on the floor, there was only one team worse than us in the country in 2020. 8 points from 7 games is still a pretty poor return, basically relegation form.

Edited by Guest

5 minutes ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

Do the games before the restart not count?

17 points from 63, that's not relegation form, thats cut adrift at the bottom form!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DIPPS_S.W.F.C said:

Worse record then Jos,absolutely terrible since xmas,hasnt got a clue,tactics wise/identity,not convinced one bit and you Monkers need to look at his track record,sorry nothing against the bloke personally but he's gash.....

Thing is we are stuck with him as DC aint got a clue either....

UTO

Was you thinking that when he appointed Bruce as the manager?

What about when he appointed a manager who got us in to the playoffs for the first time in decades (more especially the first season)?

4 hours ago, DJMortimer said:

Sweeping aside the usual glib stuff about tactics and the silly 'them (inferior)' and 'us (superior)' flag waving, you don't think having Birmingham on the edge of the play-offs (not a sniff of them since) and keeping Swansea in the Premier League twice are relatively commendable achievements? And if not, what exactly are you expecting for a club in our circumstances in terms of that kind of record?

Is expecting to finish above the likes of Reading and Wigan and not be in the bottom 3 form wise for half a season too much to ask? 

46 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

Do the games before the restart not count?

17 points from 63, that's not relegation form, thats cut adrift at the bottom form!

Of course but I'm looking forward not back.

Performances since the restart have been so much better, with a lesser squad and although we didn't get the results, the performances have been encouraging. Preston was the worst of the bunch.

• Like 3

Just now, full fathom five said:

If only that actually counted for anything at the end of the season.

All we need to do is get through the season, not get relegated, then continue the clearout and get rid of the rest of the troublesome players, get some fresh blood in and start the revolution

I"m supporting the club doing that.

Are you?

• Like 4

Owlstalk Shop