GARRY MONK - All posts about Garry Monk in here please

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Soooooo tedious this kind of discussion

Hint at something

Get called out/proven wrong
Try to argue technicalities

zzzzzzzzz

Seriously, what are you doing, Neil?

You've become like a constant din of noise on this site.

13 minutes ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

Fair enough, but I guarantee it will be the same characters on here whinging when the next journeyman turns out to not be what they expected.

I just want a little stability with someone in post long enough to make a difference.

Everyone wants that but it's imperative to identify the right man then give them time to build. It's a waste of time otherwise.

4 minutes ago, cowl said:

Tell me what my thinking is regarding coaches then. Let's start with that.

Eh? Have you forgotten posting this already?

:duntmatter:

23 minutes ago, cowl said:

Monk has coaches to work with here - it's not like he's doing it all himself.

If it's fine for Monk to make do with what he's got, it makes you wonder why Bruce felt the need to bring in two additional coaches of his own, is all I'm saying.

21 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Coaches who have overseen the failure of the last 4 years...look at how Bruce's backroom team prepared the team for when he came. Luckily we still have the scouting team here. Bullen at no 2 says it all

According to Neil it's only Monk haterz who slag Bullen

16 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Big time

And now he's clearing them all out some of our fans are kicking off like babies

We gave players like FF, Westwood, Hutch, Lees, Lee improved deals on money they will not got elsewhere after they failed to get us promoted. They came close but failed twice, where is the incentive to push on a try again? As the past few years have shown the drive wasn’t there. 

Important lesson for DC to sell players when the time is right and not reward players who can be replaced with big contracts which set them up for the next few years. 

Fans have to start being a bit more realistic too. We traditionally keep our players and get quite sentimental over them. We need to learn selling certain players can be a good thing despite the quality and good times they’ve brought us. 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It gets more and more weird amongst the anti-monk brigade

Now it seems they're saying that football managers don't need coaching staff

It's almost like the Anti-Monkers have NOTHING but nonsense to try and back up their dummy spitting for a new manager...

There's Anti-Monkers and there's Anti-Freeze and Westwood and Hutchinson know Monk is pretty adverse to using that? 😆

8 minutes ago, full fathom five said:

Everyone wants that but it's imperative to identify the right man then give them time to build. It's a waste of time otherwise.

If you are constantly looking for the right man, you'll never find him.

And if you find the right man, what's to say he's not someone else's right man and ******** off before a ball is kicked leaving us in the poo.

I'd prefer to back monk for a pre season and full season to see where we are and what direction we are heading after he's restructured his coaching team and brought some players in.

1 minute ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Eh? Have you forgotten posting this already?

:duntmatter:

If it's fine for Monk to make do with what he's got, it makes you wonder why Bruce felt the need to bring in two additional coaches of his own, is all I'm saying.

Well, Bruce spent the first month watching cricket anyway so it was convenient enough that Agnew and Clemence could prepare the ground - still, that's a side point.

But with those two gone, we've had to call Neil Thompson up from working primarily with the younger players to helping out with the first team squad. It's not ideal, and so other parts of the club's coaching infrastructure have been weakened.

Ideally, we'd no doubt bring other coaches in - but just how critically do you think Monk himself sees it? Given how uncertain it is that Beattie will be allowed to come here whilst Birmingham are digging their heals in over him, you'd think Monk would look elsewhere if it was so vitally important that we had more coaching staff.

41 minutes ago, cowl said:

Town's squad isn't particularly good though. Stoke's is - at least on paper - though perhaps starting to age a little. Still, O'Neill's got a better points-per-game average than Monk anyway - as in 10 or 11 points over the course of a season better.

And, it's funny how for so many now, managers are excused so much when they aren't able to bring in their own coaching staff with them. As though their ideas are so extra-ordinarily complex that there are only a few other kindred spirits capable of understanding their revolutionary ideas. Monk has coaches to work with here - it's not like he's doing it all himself.

I would question the fact that Bullen wanted the job - would you trust an understudy that wanted your job before you got it?

Especially seen as though Bullen seems un-sackable. This has always been a sticking point for me - if Monk gets sacked, who steps up in the short-term to put their name in the hat again??????????

2 minutes ago, Andrew6666 said:

I would question the fact that Bullen wanted the job - would you trust an understudy that wanted your job before you got it?

Especially seen as though Bullen seems un-sackable. This has always been a sticking point for me - if Monk gets sacked, who steps up in the short-term to put their name in the hat again??????????

A sticking point for what though? If Monk gets sacked presumably the coaches that he brings in will go with him - as so often happens. We'd still have a continuity problem.

5 minutes ago, cowl said:

A sticking point for what though? If Monk gets sacked presumably the coaches that he brings in will go with him - as so often happens. We'd still have a continuity problem.

Who steps up to be caretaker manager if Monk fails - Mr Bullen.

Bullen is in a win win scenario at the moment, if the club wins, he looks like a good coach (but that is all), if the club loses, sacks Monk, caretaker manager again - the job he wanted.

That's why Monk needs his own staff.

If this were a company, no management figure would take the job with Bullen looming. If it were me offered the job, my first request before taking the job would be 'All previous coaches sacked'. I'm bringing in my own staff that have the same vision as me.

I am not a Bullen hater - I just see a blatant conflict of interest.

Edited by Andrew6666

4 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

I know he's been an able stand-in when needed but has been part of the failure ethos at the club...what else is there to know

I don't think the play-off defeats had much to do with Bullen.

10 minutes ago, cowl said:

Well, Bruce spent the first month watching cricket anyway so it was convenient enough that Agnew and Clemence could prepare the ground - still, that's a side point.

But with those two gone, we've had to call Neil Thompson up from working primarily with the younger players to helping out with the first team squad. It's not ideal, and so other parts of the club's coaching infrastructure have been weakened.

Ideally, we'd no doubt bring other coaches in - but just how critically do you think Monk himself sees it? Given how uncertain it is that Beattie will be allowed to come here whilst Birmingham are digging their heals in over him, you'd think Monk would look elsewhere if it was so vitally important that we had more coaching staff.

I doubt calling Neil Thompson away from coaching the youth team would be enough to replace the combined experience of Agnew and Clemence.

It seems that Monk wanted to add his own coaching staff but wasn't able to due to Chansiri being unable / unwilling to come to some kind of agreement with Birmingham's owners. Hopefully that situation can be sorted during the close season.

Not a fan of monk, also got nothing against him. Anyone could be incharge now and I wouldn't care.

The rot at this club goes far deeper than the manager, simpletons can argue all day about substitutions, tactics etc but they fail to see the bigger picture. We are being led into oblivion.

If you think sacking the manager will fix swfc in the long term, you're wrong.

Taking sides for or against a manager side steps the issues we face as a club.

I have never felt more disillusioned with my club in 34 years, for the last 2 years I have barely followed us, preferring to watch cricket instead. I have been priced out and the money that our chairman has invested in the club has been completely wasted, we have nothing to show for it.

• Like 4