GARRY MONK - All posts about Garry Monk in here please

Just now, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

Not what I see.

Clearly, the naysayers are not for turning.

Can only go by what I've seen all season with my own eyes which with supposed trouble makers in or out of the team we have been god damn awful. There is very little evidence to suggest he can turn this round and is capable or should be given the time. 

10 minutes ago, Andrew6666 said:

Did those you mention ALL get to appoint their own trusted staff or make do with previously failed ones that the club have retained out of sentiment?

Its also funny, to think that the managers with some of the divisions better squads (Stoke and Huddersfield) are the managers struggling.

Its also funny, how one of the sets of managers with the better squad, that is struggling was wanted here by so many - bullet dodged.

Town's squad isn't particularly good though. Stoke's is - at least on paper - though perhaps starting to age a little. Still, O'Neill's got a better points-per-game average than Monk anyway - as in 10 or 11 points over the course of a season better.

And, it's funny how for so many now, managers are excused so much when they aren't able to bring in their own coaching staff with them. As though their ideas are so extra-ordinarily complex that there are only a few other kindred spirits capable of understanding their revolutionary ideas. Monk has coaches to work with here - it's not like he's doing it all himself.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, erowl said:

We had one of those last January and according to reports Chansiri pulled the plug on him leaving at the last minute after a deal had been agreed.

Anybody got confidence in DC getting it right this transfer window?

I haven't.

The problem with DC is getting rid of players. He seems to be quite flexible the other way around, I'm sure the manager gets the players he wants if it's just possible.

Monks comments about players being rewarded for not doing much is spot on and highlights the problem with the culture of the squad.

We gave good contracts to players on their way down or big pay rises to players at the club who knew full well they won’t get a better deal elsewhere in their career. That’s a problem and doesn’t create a winning mentality. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, cowl said:

Town's squad isn't particularly good though. Stoke's is - at least on paper - though perhaps starting to age a little. Still, O'Neill's got a better points-per-game average than Monk anyway - as in 10 or 11 points over the course of a season better.

And, it's funny how for so many now, managers are excused so much when they aren't able to bring in their own coaching staff with them. As though their ideas are so extra-ordinarily complex that there are only a few other kindred spirits capable of understanding their revolutionary ideas. Monk has coaches to work with here - it's not like he's doing it all himself.

Coaches who have overseen the failure of the last 4 years...look at how Bruce's backroom team prepared the team for when he came. Luckily we still have the scouting team here. Bullen at no 2 says it all

11 minutes ago, full fathom five said:

Can only go by what I've seen all season with my own eyes which with supposed trouble makers in or out of the team we have been god damn awful. There is very little evidence to suggest he can turn this round and is capable or should be given the time. 

Fair enough, but I guarantee it will be the same characters on here whinging when the next journeyman turns out to not be what they expected.

I just want a little stability with someone in post long enough to make a difference.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Monks comments about players being rewarded for not doing much is spot on and highlights the problem with the culture of the squad.

We gave good contracts to players on their way down or big pay rises to players at the club who knew full well they won’t get a better deal elsewhere in their career. That’s a problem and doesn’t create a winning mentality. 

Big time

And now he's clearing them all out some of our fans are kicking off like babies

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

12 minutes ago, cowl said:

It gets more and more weird amongst the anti-monk brigade

Now it seems they're saying that football managers don't need coaching staff

It's almost like the Anti-Monkers have NOTHING but nonsense to try and back up their dummy spitting for a new manager...

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

It gets more and more weird amongst the anti-monk brigade

Now it seems they're saying that football managers don't need coaching staff

It's almost like the Anti-Monkers have NOTHING but nonsense to try and back up their dummy spitting for a new manager...

What is this?

10 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Coaches who have overseen the failure of the last 4 years...look at how Bruce's backroom team prepared the team for when he came. Luckily we still have the scouting team here. Bullen at no 2 says it all

You've no idea about Bullen whatsoever.

2 minutes ago, cowl said:

Why do you wonder that?

I'm just following your line of thinking.

Without Agnew and Clemence, Bruce had coaches to work with here - it's not like he would have been doing it all himself.

As I say, it makes you wonder why he brought them in if our current setup is good enough.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Rodger Wylde said:

GM: "Today is Thursday and tomorrow is Friday. If we can keep this run going it will be Saturday after that".

Interesting thoughts there Garry. Thank you.

I think these press conferences might be beyond you mate

Maybe sit this one out

• Haha 2

Owlstalk Shop

Just wondering whether it's ok to put personality to one side and suggest that managers inheriting a car crash with no pre season and one January transfer window should  be given time and support by Owls fans in general?

• Like 2

Just now, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I'm just following your line of thinking.

Without Agnew and Clemence, Bruce had coaches to work with here - it's not like he would have been doing it all himself.

As I say, it makes you wonder why he brought them in if our current setup is good enough.

Tell me what my thinking is regarding coaches then. Let's start with that.