GARRY MONK - All posts about Garry Monk in here please

Guest Mcguigan
4 minutes ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

There's a thing called a transfer window looming. I'm sure he'll be as keen to move on as the club is to move him on.

Perfect time to sell him.

So much wrong in just three sentences.

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Westwood is FINISHED here mate

I'm not quite sure what more can be said to try and convince all you people out there clinging onto memories of him and hoping he's going to come triumphantly waltzing into the dressing room to save the day...

It's not gonna happen

He'll NEVER play for us again. He won't be coming back. He won't reappear. He won't be selected. He won't be playing.

He's DONE

GONE

FINISHED

FOR GOOD

Look I know he is finished but I also believe in you playing your strongest team. We currently are not doing that and this season it could cost us a relegation because we have not amassed enough points if we get a deduction from the EFL.

But hopefully we get off then players not playing with no future at the club need to be gone not sat in the stands adding another 31-2m to the yearly losses.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
1 hour ago, james o connor said:

Westwood is an over paid past  it crock . Jeez get over it ffs . Anyone would think we were discussing Messi 

You actually think he’s injured? More fool you. He’s still better than both Joe and Calamity Cam even though he’s past his best. However, Wildsmith hasn’t done much wrong since lockdown.

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

errrrr nope.

No it isn't.

Really so if we hadn't lost £21m for the 2016/17 and season pre ground sale £38m breaking the £39m limit on 2 season not 3 we would be with the EFL for trying to sell our ground?????

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I'm not quite sure what more can be said to try and convince all you people out there clinging onto memories of him and hoping he's going to come triumphantly waltzing into the dressing room to save the day...

It's not gonna happen

He'll NEVER play for us again. He won't be coming back. He won't reappear. He won't be selected. He won't be playing.

He's DONE

GONE

FINISHED

FOR GOOD

1F9CB49B-535A-4574-B732-D240CCEED50E.gif

• Haha 2

Just now, @owlstalk said:

It's not gonna happen

He's DONE

GONE

FINISHED

FOR GOOD

Looked decidedly dodgy in goal at the start of the season under bully. 

Made quite a few uncharachteristic mistakes from what were used to from him.

I said once the Cheadle fc link up became public that I thought he knew in his own mind age and injuries had cought up with him and he probably knew he was on the downward turn in ability. His reflexes and positioning didn't seem as good as they used to be. 

Which is why I'm surprised he's still here, then again probably like all those furlowed on full pay the desire to go back to work when you'd had the easy life for so long it gets hard to motivate to get back. 

Just now, Mcguigan said:

So much wrong in just three sentences.

Nothing wrong at all. It's quite common in the football industry apparently.

If you remember he was set to move in the January window but something went wrong. He probably failed a medical or something.

Some wheeling and dealing is needed to get him shifted, either permanently or on loan for six months with an option to buy.

The modern game demands results, and I suppose as fans we’ve fallen into that trap too 

I’d love for Monk to work here, and I do have flashes sometimes which make me believe he can be successful. He’s guiding us through this transition, I just think along the way there’s things he could have done better. And he probably realises that too. 

Look at southamptons manager after that 9-0 Leicester game. They even lost a few after that and he kept his job. He had a clear philosophy and way of playing that he was looking to implement. Now look at them. Top 4 form since Christmas 

9 minutes ago, Dagmeister's Shadow said:

Bad move by the club before Monk joined to give a fading, injury prone older player a fat two year contract.

Why is every player that does not play injury prone, pre this season Westwood had played 159 games in the last 5 season and that includes the season under Jos when he was not allowed to play. Not exactly injury prone . 

To put that into perspective for you Barry Bannan managed only 5 more game in 164 games does that mean his is also an injury prone player too? 

14 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

Looked decidedly dodgy in goal at the start of the season under bully. 

He's looked decidedly dodgy for a long time before that too.

Other keepers would have been slated for some of the clangers he dropped.

Just now, room0035 said:

Why is every player that does not play injury prone, pre this season Westwood had played 159 games in the last 5 season and that includes the season under Jos when he was not allowed to play. Not exactly injury prone . 

How come he's always injured then?

lol

Owlstalk Shop

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

How come he's always injured then?

lol

I don't know but I have lost track of all the injuries Monk has said he has had, he must be a medical miracle to still be walking based on the GM Press conference, his shoulder, his knee, his leg, his wrist, his arm, his quad, his toe, the only thing he has not had this season is an amputation. :duntmatter:

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Dagmeister's Shadow said:

Unlike Westwood's howlers before being rightly dropped and then being injured when asked to sit on the bench.

If he'd have refused to sit on the bench under Big Ron, Howard Wilkinson he'd have been out of the club within a couple of weeks. Big Jack would have probably chinned him before kicking him out

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Dagmeister's Shadow said:

Keepers generally miss far less games through injury than outfield players. Age has caught up with Westwood although perhaps 'injury prone' should have been in inverted commas given his propensity to get injured when required to unferstudy.

Look his face does fit anymore I don't like it but I do get it, but get rid, loan him out, sell him, finish up his contract but don't have him still at the club in 12 months it helps no one and undermine any power Monk might have.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dagmeister's Shadow said:

100% agree

Plus we have three other keepers in the squad. No one seems to mention Paul Jones. Hopefully him and weaver should be helping to bring on Joe and Cam.

They can develop, whereas Westy can only decline.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

There's a thing called a transfer window looming. I'm sure he'll be as keen to move on as the club is to move him on.

Perfect time to sell him.

Only if somebody wants him and given the bad press surrounding the situation.............

Let's face it, if you were KW wouldn't you be happy to sit at home on (reportedly) 30k a week for the next 12 months, cos he ain't going to get that anywhere else.

• Like 1