GARRY MONK - All posts about Garry Monk in here please

9 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

I want a manager who has a clear style of play, can motivate the players, identify the right talent to bring to the club and get us until the playoffs!

So does every team.

That's a very generic statement. Are you saying Monk does not have those qualities? If so why?

32 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

This is the thing with Anti-Monkers

They're STUCK on this little period of form between Christmas and the recent break

lol

They've got NOTHING else

NOTHING

(apart from talking about 'Westy' and 'Hutch' of course)

Unlike the pro-monkers who can only reel out the form table for the last two games ffs:ghoulguy:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

36 minutes ago, William 1867 said:

My point is that it shows just what a poor manager Monk is when he left those players out and our results suffer.

1 home win is it since Christmas?

The guys a joke and don't  understand your undieing support of him.

Unless you are Monk.

He was unreliable in the sense he played and trained when he wanted. Didn't like being benched when his form dropped. Get injured a lot in the warmup.

I can imagine he's a handful when he's not happy.

Water under the bridge, he's not in the plans. Move on.

• Like 1

I like how Monk is constantly being compared to other managers who:

• Have been able to bring in their own backroom staff
  • Have had a full pre-season to work with a squad (the upcoming pre-season wont be a regular one too)
  • Have been able to bring in their own permanent transfers

While Bruce was watching the cricket, he had his support staff looking at the team, scouting, planning, training, reporting back to Bruce. They were prepping the squad for quite a while before Bruce took over.

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Do you seriously think that is all it is?

Two players (at least one of them playing well below his previous standards and in goal anyway so not significantly affecting what went on outfield) get dropped and the rest of the team forget how to play? I try to avoid the speculation, presumptions and hysteria of some who don't trouble themselves with evidence or reason so I can't claim to know what the causes were, or who was to 'blame', but I'm confident the factors are much more complex and varied than that.

I dont know why but I get the impression that something much bigger happened at Christmas. I dont know why and I dont know what.... and if it did we probably we will probably never find out. (call it a hunch)

But the news of a senior pro requesting time off over Christmas being reported in the media didnt happen for no reason.

Employee asks for time off at Christmas..... Boss denies request. Why does that need reporting? Unless there was much more significance than that.

Just like the Forestieri / Winall training ground bust up.... Ex players will tell you that they happen all the time and get dealt with behind closed doors.

Next they will be reporing when a player goes on a random bike ride.

There has been unrest in the camp for a while.

9 minutes ago, full fathom five said:

Unlike the pro-monkers who can only reel out the form table for the last two games ffs:ghoulguy:

I just want the short termism to stop. I'm not particularly pro or anti Monk, but I believe in giving him a chance to create a system of play and mould a team, including his own backroom staff.

I honestly believe some on here are stuck in the 90s when we were a top team. 

Apart from a brief purple patch in Carlos's first season we have been gash for two decades.

DC applied the wrong strategy for quick success and we are paying for it now.

It's going to take two or three seasons sort out the mess to build a platform to challenge for promotion.

Just face reality...

... End of message.

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

I want a manager who has a clear style of play, can motivate the players, identify the right talent to bring to the club and get us until the playoffs!

That’s exactly the point. The Monk out brigade keep saying the same stuff but fail to come up with a single name that would both fit the bill and be prepared for the possibility of League 1 football.

Just name your preference for Monk’s replacement but have your tin hat at the ready.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, james o connor said:

Westwood is an over paid past  it crock .

25 minutes ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

Meanwhile we'll be paying him around £1M in wages for the next year to sit at home. Is that a good move for the club?

11 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

GM 'My first eight games at home we were unbeaten with a real consistent run of results'.

Even including those first 8 home games, we've won only 5 at home in 19 games, scoring 15 goals.

Not even remotely good enough.

Monk has said the exact same thing

Owlstalk Shop

I think at the start of season we were a mid table team/squad that monk inherited. The run of form before Christmas slightly distorted that, as has the form after Christmas but we are currently where I think this squad should be possibly a few points short. Until a manager is given full reign over transfers and his coaching staff I think we’ll remain a mid table team. Efl ruling permitting that is.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

He was unreliable in the sense he played and trained when he wanted. Didn't like being benched when his form dropped. Get injured a lot in the warmup.

I can imagine he's a handful when he's not happy.

Indeed Westwood is a goner yet he is another player sat in the stand, Monk got rid of him before Christmas, if he is not needed why is he still at the club, presumably he has cost us more than both Wildsmith's and Dawson's salaries in that time.

I also hope if he is not in the first team plans he is gone before the new season because to have a player on £20-30k a week sat in the stands or at home on his couch for 1 1/2 seasons is no way to run a football club.

But the interesting thing is who can honestly say if Westwood had played every game since Bristol City at home would we have only taken would we have better stats than these

Since being 3rd in the table we have

Played 21 games won 4, drawn 5, lost 12, goals conceded 39 and keeping 5 clean sheets - amassing Points 19 from 63

All I can compare this too is the games this season Westwood played in

Played 14 games won 5, drawn 3, lost 6, goals conceded 15, clean sheets 4 - Points 18 from 42 

So a team with Westwood in goal got the same amount of points in 14 games that a team without him managed in 21 games and to get anything out of a game on average with Westwood in goal we need to score once, but with Dawson and Wildsmith it is twice. But as you say he is unreliable and past it and the side is better without him.

We cannot afford to have a player of Westwood caliber sat in the stands, he is past his best but he is also the best what we currently have - So simply either play him or sell him because I don't want to be here next season talking about Westwood sat in the stands and us as a club having wasted another £1-2m for him to do that.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Meanwhile we'll be paying him around £1M in wages for the next year to sit at home. Is that a good move for the club?

There's a thing called a transfer window looming. I'm sure he'll be as keen to move on as the club is to move him on.

Perfect time to sell him.

2 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Indeed Westwood is a goner yet he is another player sat in the stand, Monk got rid of him before Christmas, if he is not needed why is he still at the club, presumably he has cost us more than both Wildsmith's and Dawson's salaries in that time.

I also hope if he is not in the first team plans he is gone before the new season because to have a player on £20-30k a week sat in the stands or at home on his couch for 1 1/2 seasons is no way to run a football club.

But the interesting thing is who can honestly say if Westwood had played every game since Bristol City at home would we have only taken would we have better stats than these

Since being 3rd in the table we have

Played 21 games won 4, drawn 5, lost 12, goals conceded 39 and keeping 5 clean sheets - amassing Points 19 from 63

All I can compare this too is the games this season Westwood played in

Played 14 games won 5, drawn 3, lost 6, goals conceded 15, clean sheets 4 - Points 18 from 42 

So a team with Westwood in goal got the same amount of points in 14 games that a team without him managed in 21 games and to get anything out of a game on average with Westwood in goal we need to score once, but with Dawson and Wildsmith it is twice. But as you say he is unreliable and past it and the side is better without him.

We cannot afford to have a player of Westwood caliber sat in the stands, he is past his best but he is also the best what we currently have - So simply either play him or sell him because I don't want to be here next season talking about Westwood sat in the stands and us as a club having wasted another £1-2m for him to do that.

Westwood is FINISHED here mate

I'm not quite sure what more can be said to try and convince all you people out there clinging onto memories of him and hoping he's going to come triumphantly waltzing into the dressing room to save the day...

It's not gonna happen

He'll NEVER play for us again. He won't be coming back. He won't reappear. He won't be selected. He won't be playing.

He's DONE

GONE

FINISHED

FOR GOOD

• Like 3

Owlstalk Shop

10 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Don't worry about the money. The Chairman is loaded

But we cannot afford it with the losses restrictions in place by the EFL. The reason we are currently in proceeding is because transaction have been done to cover the huge sums of money spent for players to sit in the stands.

Abdi, Jones, Matias, Hooper, Foresteri, Westwood, Hutchinson to name a few - this is the reason we are losing £20m a season and having to sell our ground not anything that is happening on the pitch.