GARRY MONK - All posts about Garry Monk in here please

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Fact though

It is an indisputable fact. Would like me to produce the form guide since Christmas which is also a fact. And a more relevant one. Or his points per game ratio which is also a fact. Or our home scoring record which is also a fact. Easy this innit?

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Monk: "From the inside there has been a lot of positivity in this period. There’s been a difference within the squad, confidence has been good and we’re stronger."

telling wording

"from the inside there has been a lot of positivity" 

meaning

"whilst on the outside there has been a lot of negativity"

hope to god they dont read Owlstalk

• Like 2

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

'westy'  and 'hutch'  are gone mate 

GONE

Dry your eyes and get over it

We've moved on from those 'types'

My point is that it shows just what a poor manager Monk is when he left those players out and our results suffer.

1 home win is it since Christmas?

The guys a joke and don't  understand your undieing support of him.

Unless you are Monk.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

So considering all that what are you expecting. Who do you want?

That’s the question that the Monk out brigade need to answer isn’t it. There won’t be a long list of credible candidates in the situation the club finds itself right now. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Would like me to produce the form guide since Christmas

This is the thing with Anti-Monkers

They're STUCK on this little period of form between Christmas and the recent break

lol

They've got NOTHING else

NOTHING

(apart from talking about 'Westy' and 'Hutch' of course)

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

When the form is as bad as it is, what else do you want them to produce? Results, and by extension, form or what managers are judged on. You cannot dismiss something because you disagree with it.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

We are led to believe Monk is turning things around and we should jump on the 'positive vibes' that are being projected since the return - we have picked up 7 points from 6 games - the only real positive about that is that is better than the rubbish we served up in the 3 previous months of football.

So progress in the right direction isn't good enough. You want instant success and instant gratification.

Why don't we get a new manager every two months so we can experience an eternal new manager bounce. 😆

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Blatter said:

That’s the question that the Monk out brigade need to answer isn’t it. There won’t be a long list of credible candidates in the situation the club finds itself right now. 

I want a manager who has a clear style of play, can motivate the players, identify the right talent to bring to the club and get us until the playoffs!

3 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

I want a manager who has a clear style of play, can motivate the players, identify the right talent to bring to the club and get us until the playoffs!

Aren't we currently in talks with a really exciting youngster from Man City?

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

18 minutes ago, William 1867 said:

My point is that it shows just what a poor manager Monk is when he left those players out and our results suffer.

Unless you are Monk.

Do you seriously think that is all it is?

Two players (at least one of them playing well below his previous standards and in goal anyway so not significantly affecting what went on outfield) get dropped and the rest of the team forget how to play? I try to avoid the speculation, presumptions and hysteria of some who don't trouble themselves with evidence or reason so I can't claim to know what the causes were, or who was to 'blame', but I'm confident the factors are much more complex and varied than that.

• Like 4

Guest Jack the Hat
21 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

There are some fans who want to see Monk replaced - I can understand the reasoning behind that.

There are some fans like me who are happy to give him the benefit of the doubt given the context he's found himself working within.

Both camps want the best for Wednesday. There's nothing to be gained from this kind of divisive nonsense.

Oh I don’t know. You’ve got more than 50 thumbs up already.

23 minutes ago, William 1867 said:

Unless you are Monk.

You have no idea why those players were not playing.

It could be 100% the fault of the players.

I have no idea , and neither have you.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Joe Wildsmith

I’ve said it with Joe and Cammy, they’ve got the right profile, they’re young and hungry and they’ve got experience with them.

Cam came in with some difficult circumstances and did well. I rate them both highly and I wanted to use this period to see what Joey could do.

There’s going to be some healthy competition between the two of them.

They both can improve on anything, they’re soft skills, they’re distribution. They know that. We’ve had a talk about this and they have the attitude to do that, that’s key.

They’ll have ups and downs, they both will. It’s going to be an interesting competition. They’re friends, which is good and they want to better one another.

If he really thinks Dawson did well then he really is deluded? Says all the right things in PC’s. ‘We’ve done this’ ‘We’ve done that’ ‘I know what we need to do’ ‘I know what we don’t’ ‘Mentality’ ‘Focus’ ‘Concentration’

But do we actually see any improvement on the pitch where it matters? This is where Neil replies with the form table for the last TWO games for the umpteenth time 😩

Edited by Jim
  • Like 3

Just now, Jim said:

If he really thinks Dawson did well then he really is deluded? Says all the right things in PC’s. ‘We’ve done this’ ‘We’ve done that’ ‘I know what we need to do’ ‘I know what we don’t’ ‘Mentality’ ‘Focus’ ‘Concentration’

But do we actually see any improvement on the pitch where it matters? This is where Neil replies wit’s the form table for the last TWO games for the umpteenth time 😩

Screenshot 2020-07-15 at 20.05.09.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop