GARRY MONK - All posts about Garry Monk in here please

Goals away / home

It’s difficult - when you consider my first eight games at home we were unbeaten with a real consistent run of results. I’ve spoken about a lot of things that we need to contribute to that.

That level of performance and consistency is what we need to get back to, we know that.

We’ve tried to correct a few of those things. We’ve got a fresh mentality going into next season and we’re ready to go again and sort out that home form especially.

Owlstalk Shop

Transfer window

I don’t think any of us know whether a longer window will help or not. We’ve got a lot of work to do to get it fully right, it’s not just about this window.

We’re unlikely to get all of what we need, it won’t be a perfect window, this transition won’t be done in one window. But if we can work smartly and get some business done.

Owlstalk Shop

Coaching return

I didn’t have the luxury of a pre-season with these players. It’s a crucial part of implementing what we want.

This will have a shorter turnaround and I have managed to clarify a bit of what we need for next season. But the majority of your work is in pre-season. It’s a fresh outlook, fresh approach.

We’ve got a lot planned and we’ve used this period as part of the pre-season for next season.

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

Mentality

When I came in we were unbeaten, strong consistent and then the drop-off, the mentality has been difficult.

We had a lot of issues I felt we not right. We’ve used this lockdown to put some of that work in place and try to strengthen that really. It’s a massive part of any football team. It needs to be strong.

They’ve come back stronger, not quite where they can be or where we want them to go, but it’s gone forward that side of it.

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

Five subs rule

It is what it is. I’ve not had a major thought on it and from our perspective it helps us with a smaller squad. It’s helped us and it’s had an effect.

I can understand why the decision has been made but I’m sure it will return to three at some stage.

We can all talk about the negatives and positives of that. One week it can be good for you, one week it can be bad and we’re moaning about it.

Owlstalk Shop

GM: I'm excited to work with two goalkeepers like Joe and Cam, they are the type of profile we want, the attitude we want. I rate them both highly, I wanted to use this period to see what Joe can do and he's been fantastic. Really good competition and they push each other

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Owlstalk Shop

Joe Wildsmith

I’ve said it with Joe and Cammy, they’ve got the right profile, they’re young and hungry and they’ve got experience with them.

Cam came in with some difficult circumstances and did well. I rate them both highly and I wanted to use this period to see what Joey could do.

There’s going to be some healthy competition between the two of them.

They both can improve on anything, they’re soft skills, they’re distribution. They know that. We’ve had a talk about this and they have the attitude to do that, that’s key.

They’ll have ups and downs, they both will. It’s going to be an interesting competition. They’re friends, which is good and they want to better one another.

Owlstalk Shop

Drinks break

It’s basically a tactical break! You try keep it short, you can’t give them too much information. There have been a couple that have helped us and some haven’t helped us.

Against Huddersfield we improved after that first drinks break. There’s that bit more concentration to get those short messages one and get a couple of points over.

Some have broken momentum and other times it’s a good thing. It is what it is.

Owlstalk Shop

15 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

GM: We are disappointed with the form at home, of course we are. We need to get back to the level of consistency at home that we showed in my first eight games. I've got good ideas of what needs to be put in place to bring that fresh mentality for next seaso

Is that when we had Westy and Hutch in the team Monk?

• Like 1