15 minutes ago, JimmyMaC said:

Reach has rarely if ever prospered in the centre,you wouldnt play Wildsmith as a striker,hes a keeper,plays between the sticks,Reach prospers outwide,time & again hes proved his worth,best crosser of a ball at the club,and creates goals given the opportunity scores them as well,hes 10X the player Harris ever will be.

All the players Bruce signed have been total crap,Borner,Odubajo,Harris,Luongo are all bog standard footballers they wouldnt get in ANY of the sides that are top 6,and would struggle to get into the starting 11 of the sides in the BOTTOM 3

WTF??? Borner is crap??? Luongo????

On 16/07/2020 at 00:30, hirstyboywonder said:

If you search for Kadeem Harris on here it won't take you long to find plenty of posts saying plenty of bad words about him.

Harris did go off the boil big time but to be fair it has been harder for him to register assists since Fletcher got injured and since the return he has had a change of position and has done reasonably well at it.

I notice you didn't refer to any stats in terms on Reach's goal scoring record this season. Since the return he has been unable to get back in the side and when he has featured he gave away the penalty for the winning goal at Swansea in ridiculous fashion and looked completely out of sorts against Huddersfield. 

Given the drop in Harris' outputs as you state, I would have thought Reach would have been given the opportunity on the left at some point and I was surprised he hadn't had the chance. Based on his two recent performances I can see why he hasn't.

That's the difference, you have to look for Harris' critics, they are often sprinkled in other threads (much like this). Whereas with Reach, whose attacking output is superior there's a thread after any defeat. People don't need an excuse to knock him, and they never have since he arrived. 

Reach had his detractors as soon as he came through the door due to the price tag, then when people found out he didn't smash his opponents like good old liability Hutchinson it was almost curtains, especially with Carlos playing him at left back. I seem to remember his Dad was even being hounded on Twitter. How embarrassing. 

On Reach's goals, absolutely his return is disappointing this season, but last year when his goals tally was excellent he did not get the deserved praise then either. 

I actually think Harris gives a lot to the side, but his attacking output in 2020 has been horrendous. When I see Reach (who is far from perfect) getting absolute pelters it's only fair to point out the fact that Harris has delivered precious little for ages except defensive duties.

Let's compare everything properly: 

Reach

Mins played = 2,511

Assists = 7

Games per assist = 3.99 - Best in the club for those with 2 assists or more

Goals = 2

Games per goal = 13.95 - Poor 

Harris

Mins played = 3,381

Assists = 3

Games per assist = 12.5 - Poor 

Goals = 3

Games per goal = 12.5 - Poor

Murphy

Mins played = 2,516

Assists = 3

Games per assist = 9.31 - Below average, but very good recently 

Goals = 7

Games per goal = 3.99 - Very good

Reach - delivers an assist more often than any other winger or player with more than 2 assists, also more often than set piece taker Bannan who has an assist once every 5.25 games.

Harris - poor attacking wise across the board and with a prolonged run in the side in a set position, unlike Reach who has been in and out and has filled in in the middle. Harris is over 3 times less likely to provide an assist than Reach.

Murphy - great goals tally, assists were poor (just one all season) but after lockdown he's looked a real threat in both areas. 

Why anyone would want rid of someone who delivers more quality than any other is odd to say the least. Especially in a side so starved of quality in the final third. Many take one look at Reach's demeanour and make their minds up there and then, without looking at the cold hard facts.

I do agree that Monk doesn't seem to like him though, rightly or wrongly. 

Edited by Owls2k
  • Like 4

21 minutes ago, Owls2k said:

That's the difference, you have to look for Harris' critics, they are often sprinkled in other threads (much like this). Whereas with Reach, whose attacking output is superior there's a thread after any defeat. People don't need an excuse to knock him, and they never have since he arrived. 

Reach had his detractors as soon as he came through the door due to the price tag, then when people found out he didn't smash his opponents like good old liability Hutchinson it was almost curtains, especially with Carlos playing him at left back. I seem to remember his Dad was even being hounded on Twitter. How embarrassing. 

On Reach's goals, absolutely his return is disappointing this season, but last year when his goals tally was excellent he did not get the deserved praise then either. 

I actually think Harris gives a lot to the side, but his attacking output in 2020 has been horrendous. When I see Reach (who is far from perfect) getting absolute pelters it's only fair to point out the fact that Harris has delivered precious little for ages except defensive duties.

Let's compare everything properly: 

Reach

Mins played = 2,511

Assists = 7

Games per assist = 3.99 - Best in the club for those with 2 assists or more

Goals = 2

Games per goal = 13.95 - Poor 

Harris

Mins played = 3,381

Assists = 3

Games per assist = 12.5 - Poor 

Goals = 3

Games per goal = 12.5 - Poor

Murphy

Mins played = 2,516

Assists = 3

Games per assist = 9.31 - Below average, but very good recently 

Goals = 7

Games per goal = 3.99 - Very good

Reach - delivers an assist more often than any other winger or player with more than 2 assists, also more often than set piece taker Bannan who has an assist once every 5.25 games.

Harris - poor attacking wise across the board and with a prolonged run in the side in a set position, unlike Reach who has been in and out and has filled in in the middle. Harris is over 3 times less likely to provide an assist than Reach.

Murphy - great goals tally, assists were poor (just one all season) but after lockdown he's looked a real threat in both areas. 

Why anyone would want rid of someone who delivers more quality than any other is odd to say the least. Especially in a side so starved of quality in the final third. Many take one look at Reach's demeanour and make their minds up there and then, without looking at the cold hard facts.

I do agree that Monk doesn't seem to like him though, rightly or wrongly. 

Harris causes real havoc in the final third though. Apart from Bannan, he is our go to ball. He cant continue to be as bad at producing an end product. It will keep improving.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

Harris causes real havoc in the final third though. Apart from Bannan, he is our go to ball. He cant continue to be as bad at producing an end product. It will keep improving.

This is what I keep saying, I watch every single Wednesday game in full, and when I see Harris with the ball, he is a threat going forward. Reach is ......well........meh! 

• Like 1

On 17/07/2020 at 01:26, JimmyMaC said:

Reach has rarely if ever prospered in the centre,you wouldnt play Wildsmith as a striker,hes a keeper,plays between the sticks,Reach prospers outwide,time & again hes proved his worth,best crosser of a ball at the club,and creates goals given the opportunity scores them as well,hes 10X the player Harris ever will be.

All the players Bruce signed have been total crap,Borner,Odubajo,Harris,Luongo are all bog standard footballers they wouldnt get in ANY of the sides that are top 6,and would struggle to get into the starting 11 of the sides in the BOTTOM 3

1:26am posts can often sound like this...however, I've seen Joe Wildsmith play out of goal a number of times and he's pretty competent. 

On 17/07/2020 at 23:26, pazowl55 said:

And therein lies our problem (or one of them).

Our main go-to ball going forward is apparently a chap that hasn't had an assist or goal this year. 

• Like 1