He looks completely shot.

Woeful when he came on tonight.

I know hes not everyones cup of tea, but he looks a shadow of the player he once was. 

It has been painful watching him this season.

18 minutes ago, BRADDO said:

Can't work out what's happened to him. Off form is an understatement. 

Didn’t watch match tonight  but he must have only played an hour of football in last 4 months?

I've defended him a lot last few years but Swansea was the last straw for me. He's a coward. The penalty he gave away that day was purely because he didn't have the stones to challenge for the header properly. Also Odubajo got stick for the penalty he conceded vs West Brom and rightfully so, but the free kick Reach gave away that the cross for that incident came from was just as bad if not worse because it was just downright stupid and unnecessary. Man neshes everything. Weak wet blanket of a footballer. 

Sell him. 

Edited by Stokey
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, RichSheffWeds said:

Should have been sold in January 19 transfer window. Was at his peak value.

Just like we should have sold FF, Lees etc when they would have commanded good fees. 

We never learn. Basic common sense to buy, improve, sell. 

Rinse and repeat. 

Only way to be a sustainable club. 

*waits for the usual “there would have been uproar on here if he was sold” embarrassing post in defence of DC’s (lack of) transfer policy*

You’re bang on the money of course.

1 hour ago, BRADDO said:

Can't work out what's happened to him. Off form is an understatement. 

I imagine it's mental.

He joined just after the play off final.. His 1st season we finished 4th.
Now here we are staring relegation in the face, with most of the big players gone or frozen out.
It's not an excuse obviously, if anything he should be expected to make more of a difference now than ever!

It's up to the manager to get those performances out of him tho, and Monk is not up to it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, RichSheffWeds said:

Should have been sold in January 19 transfer window. Was at his peak value.

Just like we should have sold FF, Lees etc when they would have commanded good fees. 

We never learn. Basic common sense to buy, improve, sell. 

Rinse and repeat. 

Only way to be a sustainable club. 

The reason they had such offers was because they were at their peak quality.  It's easy to look back as we know what happened, but at the time our ambition was to achieve promotion and I'll credit Ferguson; 'you don't win things by selling your best players'.  Reach, FF, Lees were all core first team regulars to our fighting for promotion.

I'm very critical of Chansiri, but he kept that team together to give us the best chance.  We certainly should be moving some players on when we sign new ones, but it should be more the ones we don't want than the ones making a contribution.

7 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Very much a case of a good player needs a move away to find his form again.

Yes and unfortunately we seem to say this about quite a few players.... Its either it didn't work for them here but they'll do well elsewhere or they come here and become injury prone. Why can't they come here and fecking smash it, consistently?!  

Guest wilyfox

A frustrating player who still gets shunted around after 4yrs. Has weaknesses wherever you play him, despite his ability. His form has nose-dived this season. Has the look of a player going through the motions, in need of a new challenge elsewhere. Trade him. 

10 hours ago, Sticky Micky said:

In top 5 highest paid transfers in our history and he wouldn't get in Wednesdays all time top 150 players 

I'd seriously have some of our league 1 players back over him when we was skint 

Haha! He'd be nowhere near. 

I doubt he'd make a list of Top 50 Owls players since 2000 and that's seriously saying something. 

Should be at the peak of his career...

He's showed rare glimpses of what he can do, but he's contributed absolutely nothing to the team this season. It's time to try and offload but I doubt Monk's phone will be busy when they find out what wages he's on.

Maybe we should just send highlights of his best goals to every club in the world and hope for the best?

11 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Shockingly bad. He should be in the first 11 regularly based on what he is capable of but with the ridiculous penalty he gave away at Swansea and that 'cameo' tonight it is clear to see why he isn't getting a game.  

He tried the same trick again tonight when he lost the ball. Pretty much jumped on the players back with both arms around him.

He looks like he's expending an awful lot of energy running without getting anywhere. It's like he's on a treadmill. The legs are going like the clappers but he's not moving forward.