Baffling

What is baffling - actually staggering - is that we don’t seem to be able to adapt our tactics successfully either to specific teams or more obviously to playing at home or away.

Our goal scoring statistics home v away is unbelievable and hasn’t improved after the restart so it is nothing to do with the crowd (unless the artificial crowd noises consists of groans and boos every time a player does something wrong!!)

• Like 1

OK, I have been vociferous regarding Monk’s lack of tactical nous, but can anyone who supports the appointment, explain how he has improved us tactically? He’s been able to work with the players for almost a year now, and any ideas he’s managed to install, have actually made us worse

• Like 1

Guest Bulgaria

Very poor last night, loads of effort but the amount of times Joe just hoofed it to our small strikers baffles me.  It drives me nuts.

Everyman and his dog ( apart from Monk) can see it doesn't work.

Is that all we have in our locker, especially at home?

9 hours ago, Ash77 said:

2 small mobile forwards can work on the break away, but hudds sat deeper and we launched it to small players vs cb's, crazy.

Needed murphy playing off nuhiu and windass in middle tonight, but ive given up on monk seeing basic stuff like that!

I don’t think the problem was playing with small mobile forwards, more down to the long ball approach we adopted (hoping to replicate QPR performance I guess).  Unfortunately for us, Huddersfield were much better organised and worked much harder than QPR.  For me, Nuhiu up top was not the answer though, he would have toiled all night against that back line, given away lots of free kicks and delivered very little.

After reading through the thread surprised that no one has mentioned the omission of Da Cruz from the starting line up. He was a major attacking element and why QPR were deemed so bad on Saturday, they simply couldn't handle him.

For him not to start last night, I found very strange and I wonder what Monks reasoning behind his decision.

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

4 points out of the last 6
Great away win at QPR

2 clean sheets

Relegation form since Xmas.

Monk has no track record of sustained success at any of the other clubs he has managed.

Mark my words, if we stick with Monk we are in serious trouble. He is an absolute journeyman of a manager.

Chansiri needs to bin him off as soon as the season is finished.

2 minutes ago, Dagmeister's Shadow said:

Overall lower mid table form during his tenure. Played considerably better since the restart without a great deal of luck IMO..... despite losing Winnall, Forestieri, Fox and Fletcher from an already average squad.

If you are happy with the mediocrity that Monk has served up then you are very easily pleased.

In over 40 years of watching Wednesday, I have come to realize that the most important person at any football club is the Manager. They lead by example, build the team and motivate the players, formulate a strategy for winning and generally have been a success at other clubs they have managed, think Charlton, Atkinson, Wilkinson, Sturrock, Megson. I see none of that in Garry Monk and do not trust him one iota to build a new Sheffield Wednesday team going forward.

I hope for all our sakes that I am totally wrong  but I see very tough times for us up ahead if we stick with the Organ Grinders Monkey.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dagmeister's Shadow said:

There are indeed tough times ahead with the financial mire that we are in. The club is in a mess.

Am I pleased. No. I am however happy for Monk to purge the squad and rebuild a  younger financially viable squad with his own back up team. I'll be more inclined to judge him then.

In order to back a manager, you need to see evidence that they are capable of building a competitive side.

Monk has no track record of doing that in his previous jobs, given us the 2nd worst performing side in the Championship (since Xmas), chops and changes his formations, picks strange starting line ups, makes baffling substitutions.

Sorry, I just wouldnt trust him to move us forward next season.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hasthagotanycheese said:

Monk has no track record of doing that in his previous jobs

Love this cliche

It gets trotted out by people who have literally no idea what his previous job record actually really is/was

But they trot it out because they've heard someone else say/post it

lol

Amazing

Owlstalk Shop

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Love this cliche

It gets trotted out by people who have literally no idea what his previous job record actually really is/was

But they trot it out because they've heard someone else say/post it

lol

Amazing

You sir are spouting utter tripe.

His track record is there on Wikipedia for anybody to see / check.

5 teams managed since 2014. No promotions to his name, never lasted more than 2 years at any of his clubs.

Now second worst record in Champ since Xmas at S6.

Forgive me, but the sooner we bin off Monk, the better off the club will be. 

12 hours ago, Ash77 said:

2 small mobile forwards can work on the break away, but hudds sat deeper and we launched it to small players vs cb's, crazy.

Needed murphy playing off nuhiu and windass in middle tonight, but ive given up on monk seeing basic stuff like that!

Which wing back/midfielder  would you have sacrificed to facilitate that? doing either would have weakened us defensively.  

Just now, hasthagotanycheese said:

You sir are spouting utter tripe.

His track record is there on Wikipedia for anybody to see / check.

5 teams managed since 2014. No promotions to his name, never lasted more than 2 years at any of his clubs.

Now second worst record in Champ since Xmas at S6.

Forgive me, but the sooner we bin off Monk, the better off the club will be. 

Screenshot 2020-07-15 at 11.15.08.jpg

Owlstalk Shop

11 minutes ago, Dagmeister's Shadow said:

Ok we disagree. I am happy for him to continue into next season. Probably just as well as there are no signs that he won't be doing.

I think Chansiri may be waiting for the first somebody else to become available. I think the big give-away is the lack of his own back room team.