Jeff Stelling

Guest Timothy Fields

Seriously, he makes hosting that show an awful lot easier than it should be.

A football show that goes on for several hours where you cant see the matches and have the likes of Phil Thompson doing punditry.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Ray Von shabba said:

Can't let the Hartlepool play off defeat go.

Sad man.

It seems like you have more of a problem with an imaginary caricature of him based upon the rather surprising fact that he doesn't like his football team losing games. And you support the team that won.

I like him. As others have pointed out, he takes what might be a rather dull format and injects it with enthusiasm and humour. Plus he also seems to be a 'proper' down to earth supporter instead of the self-absorbed, distanced and dull figures at the BBC who make little secret of the fact that they are interested in a few clubs and superstars, and everyone else can balls.

• Like 6

Guest Timothy Fields
3 hours ago, quinnssweetshop said:

Jeffs a football fan first, football fans are allowed to take the pi55, and he was right, so what's the problem ? lol

He wasn't at the game, and neither were we, so it's his word against ours, prove it we were C**P

12 hours ago, latemodelchild said:

Nowt wrong wi Jeff. Funny bloke, loves football and keeps a live show going for hours on end, unscripted. Takes some natural talent that, he's just relaxed and gets on with it. 

Interesting to read he reckoons that the league are waiting for our points total. This for me shows that he's a football fan, cos they aren't, he's just looking at it through a fans eyes. 

I reckon the league are waiting for our points total. They're on a damage limitation mission

11 hours ago, royalowlisback said:

He actually said last night - that "according to social media sites, the Football League are waiting to see how many points Wednesday can accumulate, so that they can deduct exactly the amount required, so that we just stay up - allegedly"

That's what I wrote last night.

They need to make our punishment as severe as possible without relegating us, hence appeasing the like of Barnsley and boro as much as possible and avoiding Chansiri appealing/counter suing. It's damage limitation

13 minutes ago, briggowl said:

That's what I wrote last night.

They need to make our punishment as severe as possible without relegating us, hence appeasing the like of Barnsley and boro as much as possible and avoiding Chansiri appealing/counter suing. It's damage limitation

So what are the independent panel doing then?

• Like 1

Guest Mr Tom

So Stelling is getting a slating for saying the match was dull. He's right, it was. These that are offended watched Jeff and chose not to watch us even though its now widely available......

Watching Jeff because its preferable to watching Monks Wednesday but don't like Jeff telling it how it is?

Jeff Stelling is quality, great knowledge, good laugh and not obsessed with the big 6. Personally love watching him when i get the chance as hes made the fixtures entertaining. Watch BBCs effort, Christ that is bad

Guest Mr Tom
12 hours ago, royalowlisback said:

He actually said last night - that "according to social media sites, the Football League are waiting to see how many points Wednesday can accumulate, so that they can deduct exactly the amount required, so that we just stay up - allegedly"

I actually think that is the case but Monk is making a reyt balls up of it. Any competent manager in this league would have had us far from the bottom in a very poor league. Could have slapped us with a 21 pt penalty quite easily and nobody could've complained about it as we would've been issued with a heavy penalty but meant we couldn't have gone up or down

Looking back at Brum  when they got theirs, this smacked of exactly that.

38 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

So what are the independent panel doing then?

I see your point but don't the EFL dish out the punishment based on the independent panels verdict? Or do the panel have the authority to punish too? Why would Boro and Barnsley be threatening to sue the EFL if the punishment is not given by them? 

Guest Mr Tom
6 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

So they've dropped webuyanyfkincar ?

It's been a while since I listened in, last time was when Cabbage was going. Found myself not wanting to listen to football chat with the poor Arsenal not getting top 6, Scourers not spending mega millions buying certain players and Pogba being poo . Pales into insignificance when we have Monk plodding on after drubbings to "tinpot" clubs

Edited by Mr Tom

2 minutes ago, Mr Tom said:

It's been a while since I listened in, last time was when Cabbage was going. Found myself not wanting to listen to football chat with the poor Arsenal not getting top 6, Scourers not spending mega millions buying certain players and Pogba being poo . Pales into insignificance when we have Monk plodding on after drubbings to "tinpot" clubs

I gave up a while back, any organisation that pays the of Adrian Durham and Mike Parry has scraped the barrel.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

I gave up a while back, any organisation that pays the of Adrian Durham and Mike Parry has scraped the barrel.

Is Parry still banging on about Wednsday and United forming one club called "Sheffield" when (a) that's not how branding and loyalty works and (b) there already is a club called "Sheffield"?

• Thanks 1