Jeff Stelling

Guest Timothy Fields

1 hour ago, matthefish2002 said:

Find him annoying and attention seeking.

Preferred the old fashioned coverage where the presenter of football didnt try to make it all about himself.

I think he is a decent bloke myself, he was saying that he thought it was wrong that Wednesday still didnt know the outcome with the EFL at the weekend.

Who would you replace him with Merson?

• Like 1

Has a good sense of humour and doesn't take himself too seriously.

The interaction between him and the various commentators around the grounds is often entertaining and is an enjoyable way of catching up with the scores if you can't get to the game.

Does a lot of work for charity - Prostate Cancer, I think.

• Like 1

Guest Timothy Fields
3 hours ago, billyblack said:

Good bloke Jeff Stelling. Enjoy watching him. Does loads for charity as well.

That I didn't know, 

28 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Wouldnt use the world offended.

More annoyed. Not keen on Skys overblown football coverage at times.

Each to their own I think soccer Saturday on Sky is the best sky football show when it comes to pundits. There are characters on the show who make it entertaining and watchable. 

flip over to the BBC that is possibly the dullest football panel going. Linekar is like a bag of Those ready salted crisps he advertises, plain and boring...shearer and Wright think everyone should be as good as they was  and Jenas as zero personality. Don’t even get me started on Lawrenson!! 

• Like 2

Nowt wrong wi Jeff. Funny bloke, loves football and keeps a live show going for hours on end, unscripted. Takes some natural talent that, he's just relaxed and gets on with it. 

Interesting to read he reckoons that the league are waiting for our points total. This for me shows that he's a football fan, cos they aren't, he's just looking at it through a fans eyes. 

• Like 2