Games you wish you could remember better

24 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

One of the lads sat by us at that game missed 4 of the 6 goals (including our 3rd and 4th) because he kept going to the toilet he was that hammered.  He came back after our 3rd and didn't realise we were winning.  He kept muttering about it going to penalties. lol

Ha ha ha thankfully I wasn't that bad...

1986 Semi-Final against Everton at Villa, I was very young at the time.

My Dad at the time had a knack of just deciding to go to an away game.  I remember him saying we were going to the game, but I remember clearly telling him I didn't want to go.  The only thing I remember is looking at the stadium and not caring too much about the football.

I'm not sure why I wish I remembered it.  I've plenty I remember I wish I could forget.

Probably a blessing with Wednesday remember the pub and the lead up and then forget all about the football. I've been going since 65 and am in awe of people on here who can recall minute details of matches past. I can remember my first  burger at Loftus Road in 1967.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Manwë said:

1986 Semi-Final against Everton at Villa, I was very young at the time.

My Dad at the time had a knack of just deciding to go to an away game.  I remember him saying we were going to the game, but I remember clearly telling him I didn't want to go.  The only thing I remember is looking at the stadium and not caring too much about the football.

I'm not sure why I wish I remembered it.  I've plenty I remember I wish I could forget.

Cant you remember Carl Shutts goal?

A distant memory now.
Top of the first division West Ham at Hillsborough around Christmas 1959/1960.

We won 7-0, the most comprehensive thrashing of a team I remember. Every shot found the net. Even one from the half way line by Tony Kay.

1 hour ago, Grandad said:

Hartlepool at Cardiff

The whole day is a blur

All I remember is Talbot rounding the keeper and scoring the goal that relieved all the tension, and just sitting down and crying my eyes out. 

I knew there and then that we'd never darken the 3rd tier again 🙄

We went down Saturday morning got home Monday afternoon...it should be a blur but I remember all of it especially getting out of a taxi Saturday evening in that Camping site Rowey and the rest of the lads were staying at...walked in the club to find two hundred Wednesday fans singing Hi Ho silver Lining...mental

1 hour ago, mattitheowl said:

One of the lads sat by us at that game missed 4 of the 6 goals (including our 3rd and 4th) because he kept going to the toilet he was that hammered.  He came back after our 3rd and didn't realise we were winning.  He kept muttering about it going to penalties. lol

Sounds like Pete.

28 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

We went down Saturday morning got home Monday afternoon...it should be a blur but I remember all of it especially getting out of a taxi Saturday evening in that Camping site Rowey and the rest of the lads were staying at...walked in the club to find two hundred Wednesday fans singing Hi Ho silver Lining...mental

Im sure I was at the same camp site, loads of Wednesday fans with the small club house rammed, few Lincoln fans there too...not too much sleep.

April 22nd 1970 v Man City...lost and relegated. As a seventeen year old nowt else mattered then  but Wednesday and still doesn't. Oddly enough Mrs Redowl was there on the Kop that night with her then partner although who was to know then we would get together thirty years later.

1 minute ago, REDOWL said:

April 22nd 1970 v Man City...lost and relegated. As a seventeen year old nowt else mattered then  but Wednesday and still doesn't. Oddly enough Mrs Redowl was there on the Kop that night with her then partner although who was to know then we would get together thirty years later.

I've just been corrected.....twenty years later.