David McGoldrick

ANDY

8 minutes ago, Danish said:

That's absolutely vile.

So much anger and hate.

I just don't understand some people.

Completely agree. The sort of individual who holds such views should be closely monitored by the authorities. 

Social media is part of the problem and, they need to take responsibility for the platform they’re providing such disgusting humans.

I think Harry Maguire nailed it if I remember correctly. All accounts should be vetted. You should have to provide evidence of who you are, driving license, passport, national insurance number etc, to open an account. 

it won’t stop the disgusting excuse for human beings holding such thoughts however, it’s will prevent the victims of such hate having to deal with it. 

• Like 1

There is a problem right now that there are certain countries in the world with grudges against western society that are hyping up the racial issue for political reasons. It is impossible to know if this attack falls into that category but it is worth taking into account when considering motivation. I know for an absolute fact and there is plenty of evidence to back it up that the Chinese government for instance are playing the racism card and telling citizens that the USA, Europe, Australia and New Zealand are riven with racism and homophobia. They cite George Floyd and BLM as evidence. Social media is such that a VPN can easily be used to specifically target high profile individuals with vile comments then repost it on corresponding sites in their own countries. 

FFS, what on earth makes someone sit there and think those kind of things, let alone think it's a good idea to put it in writing and send it to someone?   No doubt their account will have been hacked or they're a good lad who had a "moment".  This kind of thing stays in the press for a couple of days then disappears. 

You can't really attribute this kind of bile to any clubs, or even football in general, it's a societal issue.  This kid has been taught by someone, either a Parent or a "mate" who has equally been taught it by one of their parents.  

In my view, clubs, footballers and other sports professionals should make a stand against the likes of twitter and boycott the platform.  It surely can't be that difficult for the like of twitter to only allow verified accounts to send messages to others.  As it stands, this person will surely be able to set up an new e-mail address and a new account going forward.    

Absolutely vile. Imagine being so high after what he did a the weekend and then having to wake up to that. This is why white people that bang on about all lives matter do my head in. It must be soul destroying to have to put up with that

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, thewookieisdown said:

A literate and considered opinion. 

I suspect listening to Mr Jenas might be of some benefit, had you ears to hear. 

Punished or educated???

He's a multi millionare. i could care less what he thinks.

1 hour ago, 0wl18 said:

Completely agree. The sort of individual who holds such views should be closely monitored by the authorities. 

Social media is part of the problem and, they need to take responsibility for the platform they’re providing such disgusting humans.

I think Harry Maguire nailed it if I remember correctly. All accounts should be vetted. You should have to provide evidence of who you are, driving license, passport, national insurance number etc, to open an account. 

it won’t stop the disgusting excuse for human beings holding such thoughts however, it’s will prevent the victims of such hate having to deal with it. 

Go down that route and you end up with the sort of surveillance you see in China. Obviously this sort of thing needs to stop, but you have to tread carefully before you start pushing for that sort of action in my opinion.

• Like 1

What I find incredible is that culprit will support a team who include players of different  race so surely by insulting Mcgoldrick hes also using racial language towards them players aswell?

Hope whoever's responsible is named and never allowed to step foot in any football game ever again.