Jump to content

Recommended Posts

The new Graham Hyde. Similar in style and stature, comfortable on the ball. 

Hopefull he can kick on and break through permanently in the future. 

Weve been up at the top of the division at under 18s over the last few seasons, so maybe we're seeing a bit of fruition. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

The new Graham Hyde. Similar in style and stature, comfortable on the ball. 

Hopefull he can kick on and break through permanently in the future. 

Weve been up at the top of the division at under 18s over the last few seasons, so maybe we're seeing a bit of fruition. 

 

My memory is rubbish but iirc he had quite a combative style didn't he? Really hope Hunt has the physicality to cut it in this league!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bleeder said:

 

My memory is rubbish but iirc he had quite a combative style didn't he? Really hope Hunt has the physicality to cut it in this league!

Yeh he aint a Graham Hyde who was a more aggressive energetic player.

 

Hunt is more of a baller like Bannan but based on a few bits I've seen could be better. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

The new Graham Hyde. Similar in style and stature, comfortable on the ball. 

Hopefull he can kick on and break through permanently in the future. 

Weve been up at the top of the division at under 18s over the last few seasons, so maybe we're seeing a bit of fruition. 

Not for me 

 

Hunt is much more mobile than Hyde ever was and has a greater range of passing . 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 11/07/2020 at 20:58, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

I think it was great to see a young lad making such an accomplished contribution today. Yes he got caught a few times in possession but several of those were him being sold short by others in the team. However, he's young, he'll learn quickly how to protect himself in these faster paced games. I thought some of his passes and flicks were delicious and showcased his vision and skill and he will be an asset to the club. Monk needs to stick with him giving him decent game time to build his confidence and repertoire.

The future is looking bright for him.

give him time, judge the finished article.

getting medals is fantastic, but they hurt like **** when they are ripped off.

Edited by dorian gray

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Yeh he aint a Graham Hyde who was a more aggressive energetic player.

 

Hunt is more of a baller like Bannan but based on a few bits I've seen could be better. 

My thoughts.

 

Good to see you posting

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Steve Down South said:

Looked promising, hope to see him feature in the last 3 games, may have a better feel then for his potential - still very early days.  Re stats, not sure how much this really tells us (as others have said).  I’m sure the commentators yesterday said QPR had made over 500 completed passes yesterday compared to a figure below 200 for us.  Only problem for them was it was a typical performance from a Warburton team, pass, pass, pass but go nowhere. 

but some of our supporters would have knocking yet another one out over it, as that is the 'proper' way to play.

sides with fantastic money can afford a multi-pass game (they have vastly better players) BUT still carry a savage cutting edge.

week after week silly sides are being caught out 'overplaying' the ball around for the sake of it, inviting pressure upon themselves.

it is 'the emperor's new clothes' and long may sides play it against us.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unbelievable bashing of him already.

 

Highest pass completion rate with the most amount of touches. Didn't shy away, worked hard, some nice touches, looked to get involved, was involved further up the pitch to on the opponents area. All positives. 

 

Played well. Hopefully will bulk up physically with time and will keep progressing

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, smhouston said:

Unbelievable bashing of him already.

 

Highest pass completion rate with the most amount of touches. Didn't shy away, worked hard, some nice touches, looked to get involved, was involved further up the pitch to on the opponents area. All positives. 

 

Played well. Hopefully will bulk up physically with time and will keep progressing

Typical of some outright appendages on here. Young kid comes into first team and gets beaten up because hes not Maradona after 3 games. We have some proper f##king tools as fans.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Bleeder said:

 

My memory is rubbish but iirc he had quite a combative style didn't he? Really hope Hunt has the physicality to cut it in this league!

I remember he came through the junior ranks as more of a playmaker, but when he broke into the first team he was usedin a more a combative midfielderrole.

Was a bit of a busy little bee that liked to get stuck in and put hislef about, but the lad could play. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...