Thoughts on young Alex Hunt

Can we start saying he's worth £50 million and a future England International yet? 

Seriously tho

Let's see how he gets on with a full season under his belt before we overhype and pressure the kid

• Like 1

I thought he did well, he does look lightweight but thats to be expected. He lost the ball a couple of times but if my memory is correct he only lost it in 'good' areas. He looked the kind of player I'd want to see do well... its sttill early doors and at the minute he's like a homegrown Kenny Lunt... tiny but a neat footballer, in my mind I foresee for next season a Xavi / Iniesta style relationship between Hunt and Bannan with us tiki-taka footballing our way to the Prem

Guest The Horse

it's just refreshing and promising that he's an intelligent footballer.

Sees the bigger picture, gets his head up and plays beautfully weighted passes as though he can see the game from the stands.
Would like to see him have more time in the first team but also don't want to break him - he needs to fill out a bit yet to compete with some of the shithouse players and teams.

My kind of player. He's going to be brilliant.

2 things-

-I hope we tie him down long term

-I hope we always have manager that wants to play the kind of football that will suit him.

I thought the combination of Bannan, Hunt and Luongo offered a nice balance yesterday.

47 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Looks a really good player.

Some of his passes were ahead of the opposition. 

Great passing ability.

The new Sheridan? No pressure at all 🙂

Thought he moved the ball very quickly like Alex Lopez used to do.

Put us on the front foot a lot.

He did lose the ball a few times but hopefully will learn from that. 90% of Sheridans passes were an easy ball, the killer pass is not always there.

8 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

Thought he moved the ball very quickly like Alex Lopez used to do.

Put us on the front foot a lot.

He did lose the ball a few times but hopefully will learn from that. 90% of Sheridans passes were an easy ball, the killer pass is not always there.

The fact he has the confidence to try those killer passes us an encouraging sign of his confidence. 

2 minutes ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

The fact he has the confidence to try those killer passes us an encouraging sign of his confidence. 

I really like the kid. But he could do a lot worse than study John Sheridan. who didn't always look for the killer pass.

1 hour ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

My kind of player. He's going to be brilliant.

2 things-

-I hope we tie him down long term

-I hope we always have manager that wants to play the kind of football that will suit him.

I thought the combination of Bannan, Hunt and Luongo offered a nice balance yesterday.

It did against a poor qpr side. Usually we’re gonna need a strong DM player in there which we don’t have 

Hope we don’t just let him fizzle out like we have other young lads.

He’s 20 years old and he’s good enough to play first team football.

Get him a League 1 loan where he will play 40 plus games next season and come back a 21 year old with a lot more experience. Just leaving him sat around here as a squad player won’t improve him. There is talent there, let’s get him playing games.