Josh Windass

Guest domSWFC

Thought he was brilliant yesterday. Once again proving when someone is prepared to play on the shoulder of the last defender we look a lot better side. He was the catalyst for the whole teams performance yesterday.

By the way I am not getting carried away, QPR were very poor.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

Thought he was brilliant yesterday. Once again proving when someone is prepared to play on the shoulder of the last defender we look a lot better side. He was the catalyst for the whole teams performance yesterday.

By the way I am not getting carried away, QPR were very poor.

We are a better team when we have a Hooper sort of player and was good to see windass taking that role.

And yea qpr were very poor 

Guest Kagoshimaowl
15 hours ago, jonnyowl said:

He played well today.

Would he get 15 goals at least a season, jurys out on that!

3 goals in 4 starts for us suggests he could

Seems like the sort of guy who could get into double figures given a full season. Thinking more 10 to 15, than 15 to 20, but that would still be useful.

He can play in a few positions too, so he might not be a bad addition to add.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 11/07/2020 at 19:59, jrh said:

He did play well however the amount of chances he missed doesn't fill me with confidence, not sure if I would try and get him permanently. If he does that much running and works that hard every game though then I don't think he will go much wrong. 

I just think it's refreshing to see a striker who goes in behind. we haven't had that for a few seasons ... you'll find a striker with pace will get more opportunities then say someone like wickham/rhodes/fletcher.

good track record, good age, good price, won't be on stacks and can play anywhere in the front line - no brainer

just M.O

if he's available for free and accept a sensible contract  then i doubt we'd attract anyone better ......he's another whos acceptable for the level we are at and still a good age where if he did do well we could maybe make a profit on him . 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, the monk said:

Profit ! How's that work then ?!

profit - a financial gain, especially the difference between the amount earned and the amount spent in buying, operating, or producing something and then selling for more.

hope this helps

Just now, S70 Owl said:

profit - a financial gain, especially the difference between the amount earned and the amount spent in buying, operating, or producing something and then selling for more.

hope this helps

Think I've got it cheers  .....its been a long time since I heard the word,thought it was Latin or summat 

• Haha 2

On 11/07/2020 at 20:37, Therealrealist said:

Energy and pace meks a big differance..but he snatched at that chance in 2bd half..showed a totaæ lack of compusure

True, but considering he's not a striker I think he and Da Cruz showed more nous and looked far more dangerous than Rhodes and Nuihu put together.

Would be nice to see him and Wickham have a run together. Not sure we could fund both, but I do think as a no 10 playing in behind a big man or running past him he's a great option. Didn't quite come off for him today, but he'll get his share of goals over a season playing in just behind. 

Big reason why we won on Saturday. As some have already said I could see him being the type of player who could get us around 15 goals in a season. Unfortunately I don't see us getting a 20 goal a season striker anytime soon? We haven't had one of those at this level since Hirsty almost 30 years ago? Pretty sad statistic that 😞