Josh Windass

Guest domSWFC

Guest domSWFC

What's everyone's thoughts on him today? 

I thought he looked sharp, and much more effective playing further foward. If he wasn't rusty after not playing for a while, he would have had a hatrick today. Hassled the defenders all game, defending from the front and we forced them into so many errors leading to chances, without actually having to create much ourselves. 

Think we're starting to see what Monk wants in his team, and that's willing runners over outright talent. Applied effort beats under applied talent. 

He did play well however the amount of chances he missed doesn't fill me with confidence, not sure if I would try and get him permanently. If he does that much running and works that hard every game though then I don't think he will go much wrong. 

• Thanks 1

Thought he’s scored a few goals without really playing well. Today was definitely his standout performance. Constantly caused QPR issues. 

26, 12 months left on his deal at Wigan and I believe he’s now scored 7 in 21 this season. For a cheap fee I think he’s worth pursuing. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, domSWFC said:

Think we're starting to see what Monk wants in his team, and that's willing runners over outright talent. Applied effort beats under applied talent. 

Exactly this and that comment also matches abit what Graham souness just said about Sheff utd after their win over Chelsea. Man for man no doubting Chelsea are the more talented but what sheff utd do is play with passion aggression and hunger. This is how I hope monk is wanting us to be too and I would not grumble at all.

Edited by Lomas613
  • Thanks 1

Guest Bulgaria

He was superb today.  Probably the best strikers performance I've seen for swfc for quite a while.

Guest wilyfox

I've been pro Windass throughout, wanting him played up front. I think there's a deal to be done for him with Wigan. He seems a good fit. 

He plays with intensity and was always looking to get in behind the back line, which is something we've been missing for a long time. I think as soon as he gets his eye in he'll be unstoppable.

I guess it all depends if monk wants him long term or not.

• Like 1

Guest Therealrealist

Energy and pace meks a big differance..but he snatched at that chance in 2bd half..showed a totaæ lack of compusure