Jacob Murphy

One point about his wages is that we got him on a free.

That’s one reason players let their contracts run down.

Because we didn’t have to pay a fee he can ask for more wages and the total package cost is still in the right area for a comparable player of his level

So, here are the reasons I think we have a chance to sign Murphy:-

1) Entering last year of contract. We can perhaps pay a small fee for to Newcastle, or at least get rid of his wages for them. 

2) Newcastle love a sell off of a player for a loss. Last few years include Joselu (£2m loss), Diame (£5m loss), Mbemba (£6m loss), Haidara (£2m loss), de Jong (£5m loss), Anita (£7m loss). More as well.

3) Potential new owners means cash to burn, probably not in their first team plans. 

4) 25 this year, needs to settle down and get game time and prove himself somewhere. 

5) We do well with wingers. Antonio, Brunt, Marshall even going back to Waddle. Comes here and he'll instantly be fantastic. 

6) Where would tha rather live. Newcastle where it's chuffing crap, too cold, they all speak funny, have crap beer and are famous for a poxy little half of a marathon. Or come to Sheff where we are full of boobies, front bums and Wednesday. 

Don't want to get anybody's hopes up like, but I've already bought the new kit (reyt good BTW, believe you me, wearing it now) and got Murphy on the back. He's coming home. 

• Haha 1

On 11/07/2020 at 17:29, McRightSide said:

He’s been great for months and months.

A cut above and probably the only rival for POTS that Iorfa has

I agree with the sentiment... Both great players....... 

But Barry Bannan is POTS, and our best player by many leagues. 

6 hours ago, Alan said:

I agree with the sentiment... Both great players....... 

But Barry Bannan is POTS, and our best player by many leagues. 

I agree, but the general supporter has become used to the level Bannan plays at, and therefore it becomes an expectation rather than something to be credited for in the eyes of many

Edited by McRightSide

Thing with Murphy, he also gives us the ability to seamlessly switch systems during the game. He can operate as a traditional outside right, then if needs be, Palmer tucks inside, and Murphy drops to wing back. I’m not so convinced using Harris there though. Think he’s done an OK job, but without somebody on the left who’s comfortable filling in at left back when he goes forward, we’re a bit vulnerable. Borner seems better with a more orthodox left back outside him

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Thing with Murphy, he also gives us the ability to seamlessly switch systems during the game. He can operate as a traditional outside right, then if needs be, Palmer tucks inside, and Murphy drops to wing back. I’m not so convinced using Harris there though. Think he’s done an OK job, but without somebody on the left who’s comfortable filling in at left back when he goes forward, we’re a bit vulnerable. Borner seems better with a more orthodox left back outside him

Agree. At something like his best, Adam Reach would probably be very effective in that left sided role. Having said that, Harris has worked really hard and done pretty well for the most part.