RIP Big Jack

truly saddened today,  over the years I've loved hearing stories about him. As a very young fan at the time what he truly did went over my head. But ever since I've always loved reading about his escapades.

will be missed my many

• Like 1
Just now, Animis said:

can you imagine Jack and Tony Toms discussing 'red lines'

Players saying they’re tired !!!!!.... don’t want to get injured !!!!.....scared of the crowd !!!!!....I need more rest time between matches !!!!!.....F##K ME ....Tony Toms and Maurice Setters would have gone berserk 

• Like 5

Really sad news, and what a legend for Sheffield Wednesday, England, the Republic of Ireland, and Leeds United. As a player and as a manager achieved great things, yet remained a no nonsense, down to earth, genuinely lovely man (though i would want to have got into his bad books!) 

Rest In Peace BIG JACKIE CHARLTON, WEDNESDAY FOREVER

Edited by alcock dived
  • Like 3

Legend.....RIP Big Man.........took over at our lowest and dragged us back up by sheer determination.......Strange how we seem to be heading back to where we were when he joined us

• Like 1

I used to watch his football training programme on ITV on Sunday morning from Middlewood.

Some cocky kid in a circa 79 replica pig kit got a ball in the nuts from one of BJ's wayward shots - BJ sort of apologised but secretly I think he loved it. I know I did!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Roscoe P. Coltrane said:

Get rid of those elephants

A statue of this man deserves to be outside the ground.

Totally agree mate, if anyone deserves a statue at this club then big Jack is at the top of that list. I'm surprised how shocked and saddened i am by this news about someone i never met, but this has hit me harder than i expected and prooves to me the measure of the man: RIP LEGEND

• Like 2
  • Love 3

Wednesday legend.

Fishing legend.

A sad, sad, sad, day.

Thanks for rescuing our club and putting it back on the map like you did Big Jack. You gave people hope and joy in equal abundance.

I hope as the club moves forward, it can rediscover the essence of the Big Jack formula. Hard work, honesty on the pitch, the understanding and value of “team” and more importantly the value of family, which certainly Sheffield Wednesday is. It certainly felt like it was during your tenure at Hillsborough anyhow.

God Bless you Big Jack.

Edited by theowlsman
  • Like 3
  • Love 5