Jack challenging his mum with a header. His mum was a big influence on football in that region. 

EcoadovXoAAu868?format=jpg&name=small

• Like 2
  • Love 6
  • Thanks 1

Heartbroken to wake to this news. A true Wednesday legend in every sense of the word. I was lucky enough to meet Jack on numerous occasions when he came in the Shoulder of Mutton in Worrall with Tony Tom's. He was always happy to have a pint and a chat with the fans. Wil always be my favourite Wednesday manager. 

RIP Big man. You will be sadly missed. 

jack-charlton-sheffield-wednesday-8428169.jpg.89414864de28d99c6ac994bc4ebe4c78.jpg

• Like 5
  • Love 3

Won the World Cup with England and managed the mighty Wednesday - he basically lived out my childhood fantasy. 

Well before my time, but just the above make him a legend. RIP.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Fortunate to have met him a few times. A genuinely nice and generous bloke.  RIP Jack, the man who saved the Wednesday.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Rip Jacky, met in our promotion season and shuck his hand, we were all buzzin, a true Wendy legend. That's one guy who I would have a statue of at hillsborough 

• Like 3

So sad to hear of the passing of Big Jack in my opinion the man who turned our great club around in the late seventies and early eighties the man who brought Sheffield’s only TC Terry Curran and who masterminded the famous Boxing Day massacre. 
RIP Big Jack fondly remembered by us old Wednesday fans.   

• Like 2
  • Love 1