So sad.

A man I’d loved to have met, always came across as a real gentleman.

Rest in peace Big Jack.

Legend.

• Like 4

So sad , he was a true legend of the game , gave us hope when we were down and out, how we need someone of his strength of character now.

RIP Big man

• Like 2

Manager when I started going

As others have said started the job of turning this club around and laid the foundations for Wilkinson to finish the job

we don’t see many characters like big Jack and he is exactly what we are missing now

sad day for football and the football family is a poorer place with him not being part of it

RIP Jack

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

His division 3 team were the reason I fell in love with Wednesday, he gave us many memorable moments and after match quotes.

I doubt we’ll ever have another season like the one where got promoted to the old div 2.

Pairing Curran with McCulloch was simple yet genius. 

Thanks Big Man. 

• Like 4

So sad. Gave me some amazing days watching Wednesday. I would have loved to sit and have a few pints with him. My favourites ever Wednesday manager. RIP Jack.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Whilst manager, he ran a Saturday morning coaching session for juniors and i got a place. He also had a coaching book out at the time and i took it along for him to sign. He did so very happily and covered the pages in filthy finger prints and laughed!! He signed it The Charlton. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

RIP Big Jack, you brought me my first memories of Wednesday as a kid and very few have come near to filling your boots since.

• Like 1