mathematically safe

20 hours ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Our form has gone down the pan since he did that, he's turned us from a promotion form team into a relegation form team. Do you seriously think it will have been worth it if we are relegated to league 1? If we get a points deduction we almost certainly will be.

We weren't a promotion form team before and we're not a relegation team now. Clearing out the trouble causers was the right thing. If he hadn't, we might even be in a worse position now if morale had dived. He's done the right thing, give him his time to recruit and then we'll see.

20 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

Thats fair enough mate...But I still wonder if the "Trouble causers" would be far more useful than Monk

No, definitely not. They needed to go and we need to give monk time to recruit his team.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Tollertonowl said:

Gary has the same Backroom staff as the previous managers that have failed... 

Yes, and they are part of the problem. Let's have a proper clean sweep, it's long overdue.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Plonk said:

Please explain to me, what has he done right then?

Because I remember around Christmas time, after a defeat, him saying publicly that was the end for the bulk of the squad. Funnily enough after that, those same players who he told had no future, seemed really pissed off and packed in playing. That along with dropping Hutch and replacing him with pelepussy, which in effect meant we were playing with ten pissed off players every game. 

Yep the mans a genius and doesn’t deserve any criticism at all.

What he's done right is getting rid of the trouble causers and making it a far happier camp. You can't tolerate a few at the expense of the many.

He never said that was the end for the bulk of the squad, you've made that up.

Playing pelupessy, he had no choice when luongo and Lee were injured.

He doesn't deserve any criticism yet, give him a chance. He's had the balls to get rid of the bad attitudes now give him time to recruit his team and then see how we go.

I know that results have been mixed since returning but I do see all the players committed and working hard. Hopefully this carries on and we improve. UTO

On 10/07/2020 at 15:55, GLOwl said:

Yes, all Monk's fault. Nothing to do with any former managers or players, or current players or the chairman. God he's got a lot to answer for. Why is he coaching the players to switch off during the game and give silly goals away? And worse than that, not to hit the net when they can. He's rubbish, get him out of our club - NOW.

So we can blame the next cab off the rank 😉👍

I think its more to do with the awful lineups/substitions and falling out with our best players... 

• Like 1

On 10/07/2020 at 18:05, bradowl said:

Hull have Luton and Wigan to play. 

If we lost our last 4 games 'though I'm sure we won't, we should still be safe. 

On 10/07/2020 at 18:06, steelowl said:

whose your dealer can I have some ?

That aged well.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, the_vinyl_frontier said:

I think its more to do with the awful lineups/substitions and falling out with our best players... 

His hands are very much tied with choice of players. And I think he gets on well with our best players, Iorfa, Borner, Bannan, Harris, Murphy and Wickham.

5 hours ago, the_vinyl_frontier said:

When Big Jack won his first England cap he asked Alf Ramsay why he had picked him an d Alf replied to the effect:

"I pick the best players for the team, it doesn't mean they are the best players"

• Like 1

8 hours ago, GLOwl said:

What he's done right is getting rid of the trouble causers and making it a far happier camp. You can't tolerate a few at the expense of the many.

He never said that was the end for the bulk of the squad, you've made that up.

Playing pelupessy, he had no choice when luongo and Lee were injured.

He doesn't deserve any criticism yet, give him a chance. He's had the balls to get rid of the bad attitudes now give him time to recruit his team and then see how we go.

I know that results have been mixed since returning but I do see all the players committed and working hard. Hopefully this carries on and we improve. UTO

I’m not making it up it was on tv after another defeat. Stoke or Barnsley maybe. He definitely said it. 

as for the bad eggs. How do you know. Other than reading rumours on here?

as for pelepussy. He did have a choice and my whole point is hutch was playing well up to Christmas when monk decided his face didn’t fit. 

so you are wrong on two counts. And probably all three. 

And other than the “ bad eggs” that’s the go to excuse for the monk defenders you still haven’t told me what he’s done right. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Plonk said:

This is what gets me asteener. The monk apologists trot this “ troublemakers” line out every time someone questions Monks record. It’s funny that every club he has managed has had “ troublemakers” who he needs to get rid of. Bit of a common theme developing?

so next season, when he’s got rid of all the troublemakers, and put his own team together, how long do we give him if we are struggling, in which ever league we are in? Until Christmas? 

If things didn’t work out, it would be absolute carnage if we gave Monk only until Christmas with his own players as a new manager comes in having to work with players on 2/3 year contracts and the cycle starts again.

The choice is simple we give Monk an opportunity to build something or we sack him at the end of the season? I know which of the two options I prefer?

5 minutes ago, Jim said:

If things didn’t work out, it would be absolute carnage if we gave Monk only until Christmas with his own players as a new manager comes in having to work with players on 2/3 year contracts and the cycle starts again.

The choice is simple we give Monk an opportunity to build something or we sack him at the end of the season? I know which of the two options I prefer?

Which is exactly the point I was making Jim. Even after yesterday’s good result, I think Chansiri needs to be 100 per cent confident that Monk is the right man to rebuild. I think you and me have the same opinion, and I’m not even convinced that if we are in league one he is the right man to get us back up.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Plonk said:

I’m not making it up it was on tv after another defeat. Stoke or Barnsley maybe. He definitely said it. 

as for the bad eggs. How do you know. Other than reading rumours on here?

as for pelepussy. He did have a choice and my whole point is hutch was playing well up to Christmas when monk decided his face didn’t fit. 

so you are wrong on two counts. And probably all three. 

And other than the “ bad eggs” that’s the go to excuse for the monk defenders you still haven’t told me what he’s done right. 

I did tell you what he's done right, re-read my post.

Point me to the exact interview on YouTube where he says "this is the end for the bulk of this squad". I'll wait....

He didn't have a choice not to play pelupessy, there was no one else as he'd cleared out hutch.

And as for hutch being a trouble causer, he's been frozen out by 2 managers now, and Carlos let him train when he wanted. I'll para quote hutch for you "only Carlos understood me and when I could train, not the others and their physios" In other words, didn't want to train but play all the time. That's a great attitude, not.

So before you say I'm wrong, step back and have a think, and if you're going to use quotes at least use real ones and not fictitious ones.

On 10/07/2020 at 14:39, Dot said:

Without a points deduction obviously.

If Luton Lose or draw tonight they can no longer catch us, 

If Wigan beat barnsely on Saturday the can no longer catch us.

this is what it has come to under Monk

NO this is what it has come to,under the alleged Chansiri 'Management' & the players....Monks just in the firing line...Cant judge Monk until he has a fair crack of the whip,currently he is firefighting,and as the OP says we ARE  now safe..UNLESS points deducted.

Even than we may still be safe IF Chansiri appeals...and points deducted next season.Course that might be even worse.....Could these players compete and avoid ANOTHER relegation scrap? Would Monk be up for it? (given the flak he is currently getting?) Would we finish up like Birmingham Managerless starting a new Campaign?..