mathematically safe

When we were charged it was reported it could be anything from a 0-21 points deduction.

So we’re either already safe, already relegated or going into the last 4 games in a real scrap.

Nothing like a bit of clarity heading into the last week of the season 

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, GLOwl said:

Yes, all Monk's fault. Nothing to do with any former managers or players, or current players or the chairman. God he's got a lot to answer for. Why is he coaching the players to switch off during the game and give silly goals away? And worse than that, not to hit the net when they can. He's rubbish, get him out of our club - NOW.

So we can blame the next cab off the rank 😉👍

Please explain to me, what has he done right then?

Because I remember around Christmas time, after a defeat, him saying publicly that was the end for the bulk of the squad. Funnily enough after that, those same players who he told had no future, seemed really pissed off and packed in playing. That along with dropping Hutch and replacing him with pelepussy, which in effect meant we were playing with ten pissed off players every game. 

Yep the mans a genius and doesn’t deserve any criticism at all.

7 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

Thats fair enough mate...But I still wonder if the "Trouble causers" would be far more useful than Monk

This is what gets me asteener. The monk apologists trot this “ troublemakers” line out every time someone questions Monks record. It’s funny that every club he has managed has had “ troublemakers” who he needs to get rid of. Bit of a common theme developing?

so next season, when he’s got rid of all the troublemakers, and put his own team together, how long do we give him if we are struggling, in which ever league we are in? Until Christmas? 

• Like 1

like everyone i just dont know whats going off regards efl , but if they relegated us next week with 2 games to go im certain chansiri would go through every legal avenue possible.  if we go down we go out of business ,chansiri wont support us next season with 30 million just to pay bills and that could be more if most season tickets need to be refunded ,we get 900k tv money in league 1 , and could be less than zero income . chansiri wont get a buyer so he would cut his losses thats what a normal businessman would do but chansiri who knows i still aint worked him out . 

4 hours ago, new zealand owl said:

I guess it begs the question, would you rather take relegation with a clean slate next season or stay in this league with minus 9-12 to start us off? 

Both utterly depressing options actually. 

Not even close to being a contest in my view.  If we are deducted points then I can only hope this happens next season in the Championship.  With a new manager and new players, at least there’s a chance of avoiding the drop, backs to the wall and all that.  Under normal circumstances then maybe relegation and clean sheet would be more appealing, but in current situation there’s no guarantee League 1 even happens next season.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Think that thread was 2 weeks ago on here and the OP was serious. Some on here are truly delusional. 

Yeah, saw a comment after the Bristol game about us having an outside chance... 🤔

Without a points deduction, we have probably got away with it. 

Suppose it is testament to how good we were in the first part of the season (points wise) that we have got away with being so, so ******** bad since Christmas. 

With a points deduction, we are absolutely fooked. 

10 hours ago, GLOwl said:

We all know that we were in a false position at Xmas. I accept though that results have been dreadful since then, but to blame it all on Monk is way wide of the mark. He's rightly cleared the decks with some of the trouble causers, so credit to him for having the guts to do that. Let him recruit the 10 or so players we need this summer, then let's see how we go. If things don't improve then yes he will rightly be I the firing line. But not now, no way.

So which form is the real Monk, if you say we were in false position at Christmas, if we had about 6 points less at Christmas, then you would be happy to have kept him and get relegated, sorry i don't understand the argument

22 hours ago, bradowl said:

Hull have Luton and Wigan to play. 

If we lost our last 4 games 'though I'm sure we won't, we should still be safe. 

22 hours ago, steelowl said:

whose your dealer can I have some ?

Told you. 😁

• Haha 1