mathematically safe

Our defending is our biggest problem with this formation we've been playing, we look like we can score goals but we're finding it impossible to keep a clean sheet. 

Maybe going to a back 5 and grind out a win or a couple of draws or play Wildsmith and Dawson in goal. 😁

13 minutes ago, bradowl said:

Our defending is our biggest problem with this formation we've been playing, we look like we can score goals but we're finding it impossible to keep a clean sheet. 

Maybe going to a back 5 and grind out a win or a couple of draws or play Wildsmith and Dawson in goal. 😁

Yeah because we were watertight at the back before the league suspension

5 hours ago, Dot said:

Without a points deduction obviously.

If Luton Lose or draw tonight they can no longer catch us, 

If Wigan beat barnsely on Saturday the can no longer catch us.

this is what it has come to under Monk

Well the first one of those scenarios has gone out of the window..

Looks like it's down to Wigan now.

Unfortunately I think we're gonners. Can't help but think points deduction is inevitable and with our form, combined with other teams below showing bottle and picking up points, means we're doomed. Gutted, also think it'll be a long road back. Enjoy your weekend! 

47 minutes ago, JOCOWl said:

Unfortunately I think we're gonners. Can't help but think points deduction is inevitable and with our form, combined with other teams below showing bottle and picking up points, means we're doomed. Gutted, also think it'll be a long road back. Enjoy your weekend! 

That’s the spirit. 😃

I agree with you though. 

1 hour ago, JOCOWl said:

Cheers pal (opens the spirits)

If we don't get another point then;

Brum, Boro & Udders all have to win 2 games to pass us.

Charlton, Stoke, Hull & Luton all have to win 3 games to pass us.

Barnsley have to win all 4 of theirs.

I think we'll beat Udders at home anyway, but pretty sure all of the above won't win that many games between them.

3 hours ago, the third man said:

yes it is, he has been the manager nearly all season, since Christmas he has one of the worst managerial records in recent times, and if it carries over into next season we will be relegated by Christmas

But not his fault, despite nearly the same set of players, with a few improvement's, being no where near relegation last season

We all know that we were in a false position at Xmas. I accept though that results have been dreadful since then, but to blame it all on Monk is way wide of the mark. He's rightly cleared the decks with some of the trouble causers, so credit to him for having the guts to do that. Let him recruit the 10 or so players we need this summer, then let's see how we go. If things don't improve then yes he will rightly be I the firing line. But not now, no way.

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, GLOwl said:

We all know that we were in a false position at Xmas. I accept though that results have been dreadful since then, but to blame it all on Monk is way wide of the mark. He's rightly cleared the decks with some of the trouble causers, so credit to him for having the guts to do that. Let him recruit the 10 or so players we need this summer, then let's see how we go. If things don't improve then yes he will rightly be I the firing line. But not now, no way.

Our form has gone down the pan since he did that, he's turned us from a promotion form team into a relegation form team. Do you seriously think it will have been worth it if we are relegated to league 1? If we get a points deduction we almost certainly will be.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, GLOwl said:

Thats fair enough mate...But I still wonder if the "Trouble causers" would be far more useful than Monk

• Like 2

5 hours ago, GLOwl said:

Yes, all Monk's fault. Nothing to do with any former managers or players, or current players or the chairman. God he's got a lot to answer for. Why is he coaching the players to switch off during the game and give silly goals away? And worse than that, not to hit the net when they can. He's rubbish, get him out of our club - NOW.

So we can blame the next cab off the rank 😉👍

Gary has the same Backroom staff as the previous managers that have failed... 

Looking at table Wigan will get their 12 points off leaves 2 places left in relegation currently 12 leaves them rock bottom and Luton holding last spot with 44 so 8 points behind. 

I think we will most likely get 9 like Birmingham did. If so we are in it but who's got wors run I think we will be OK only just but for relying on others. Or if not and already relegation then points will be next season like Wigan potential too. We can all just hope prey and don't bet on us staying up because always attracts the opposite lol I might start gunna church and prey for us . . . . Oh wait i can't lockdown haha we are screwed 

6 hours ago, GLOwl said:

Yes, all Monk's fault. Nothing to do with any former managers or players, or current players or the chairman. God he's got a lot to answer for. Why is he coaching the players to switch off during the game and give silly goals away? And worse than that, not to hit the net when they can. He's rubbish, get him out of our club - NOW.

So we can blame the next cab off the rank 😉👍

Top 6 in December, 3 wins since. 

6 hours ago, bradowl said:

Weren't we going to get hammered by Forest and Bristol City? 

We were only linesman's decision away from 3 points other night. 

We're capable of picking points up against most teams in this league. 

So what's been happening since Christmas  ?.

2 hours ago, Lomas613 said:

Looking at table Wigan will get their 12 points off leaves 2 places left in relegation currently 12 leaves them rock bottom and Luton holding last spot with 44 so 8 points behind. 

I think we will most likely get 9 like Birmingham did. If so we are in it but who's got wors run I think we will be OK only just but for relying on others. Or if not and already relegation then points will be next season like Wigan potential too. We can all just hope prey and don't bet on us staying up because always attracts the opposite lol I might start gunna church and prey for us . . . . Oh wait i can't lockdown haha we are screwed 

If English is your first language you should be ashamed of yourself. 

• Haha 2