Kieran Lee OUT of this weekends game

21 minutes ago, Owlinmad said:

Which is better. A good player who is often injured or a mediocre player who is usually available ?

I'd rather have 1 Kieran Lee than 10 Joey Pelupessy's.

What a player this guy has been for us. I'm obviously in no position to know his fitness status, but if he can withstand it I'm all for extending his stay, especially given the presumed lack of finance we'll likely have available.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Has Monk said anything about Lee and Wickham after tonight’s game? 

If they will be available on Tuesday?

Assuming someone on here will know 

Is Connor Wickham likely to feature again this season?

He trained yesterday, he just didn’t feel quite right. It was the same as Kieran Lee.  We’re very hopeful with these extra days that they’ll be back for the midweek game.  It’s about assessing them every day. Connor was back out on the training ground yesterday but didn't feel quite right and we couldn’t risk losing him for the remaining games.  Tom Lees coming off was precautionary. That was just a bit of tiredness towards the end of the game and that's why we brought him off to keep him fresh.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Suzuki_San said:

Is Connor Wickham likely to feature again this season?

He trained yesterday, he just didn’t feel quite right. It was the same as Kieran Lee.  We’re very hopeful with these extra days that they’ll be back for the midweek game.  It’s about assessing them every day. Connor was back out on the training ground yesterday but didn't feel quite right and we couldn’t risk losing him for the remaining games.  Tom Lees coming off was precautionary. That was just a bit of tiredness towards the end of the game and that's why we brought him off to keep him fresh.

Thanks, seems positive. Even having Wickham and Lee on the bench on Tuesday would be a big bonus 

When on the pitch since lockdown Lee has been one of our better players. This tight schedule was always going to be too much for him and Wickham. If I'm honest I'm amazed Luongo has played as much as he has given his injury record prior to lockdown.

Next season is going to see a tight schedule too due to it starting potentially 6 weeks further down the line than usual plus the season would still be expected to finish early May. Because of this neither Lee or Wickham should be options next season if Monk is being genuine about the reasons for ditching the likes of Hutchinson, Westwood, FF, etc because of their inability to play regular football?