Paul Cook.....

2 hours ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Change for changes sake....................no thanks.

But it’s not change for changes sake. People were saying this about Jo’s, and Irvine. Maybe we should have stuck with them? Monks record is now on par. How long do you keep a bad manager?

or maybe you’re happy watching us get tanked every week?

Edited by Plonk

Whoever  it may be , one certain attribute he MUST have is to be absolutely bpnkers!!!!!

He would be taking over a club which seems to be a patsy forr the EFL.ti kick around,have a set of players who are gutless to a man., and a set of supporters whom he will be unable to please unless he can achieve miracles.Only a madman would take over the Manager's role at S6.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Plonk said:

But it’s not change for changes sake. People were saying this about Jo’s, and Irvine. Maybe we should have stuck with them? Monks record is now on par. How long do you keep a bad manager?

or maybe you’re happy watching us get tanked every week?

The point is, if you are going to make a change, you don't appoint samey,samey you appoint for the better, as it is Paul Cook is very much samey, samey, which would be no improvement at all, yeh, I'm bleeding ecstatic seeing us lose. 

Guest Therealrealist
34 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

Whoever  it may be , one certain attribute he MUST have is to be absolutely bpnkers!!!!!

He would be taking over a club which seems to be a patsy forr the EFL.ti kick around,have a set of players who are gutless to a man., and a set of supporters whom he will be unable to please unless he can achieve miracles.Only a madman would take over the Manager's role at S6.

There wud be a list as long as yer harm of managers willing to take over..believe you me

Paul Cook is a decent shout. 

Even though Luhukay failed miserably, I wouldn’t be against looking abroad again. In fact I would rather bring in someone who’s managed at top level in Spain, France, Portugal, Germany or Italy than look to League One or Two.

There would be many decent options. 

The thing with bringing lower league managers to the Championship is they usually fail. 

Are there any proven British managers who we could realistically attract? I struggle to think of any. 

27 minutes ago, Shezza said:

Paul Cook is a decent shout. 

Even though Luhukay failed miserably, I wouldn’t be against looking abroad again. In fact I would rather bring in someone who’s managed at top level in Spain, France, Portugal, Germany or Italy than look to League One or Two.

There would be many decent options. 

The thing with bringing lower league managers to the Championship is they usually fail. 

Are there any proven British managers who we could realistically attract? I struggle to think of any. 

Yep me too, unless we can pull a rabbit out of the hat, like we did with Bruce, I’d prefer an innovative overseas coach, if we remain in the championship Has to be someone who can work with, and improve the players though. If we drop down, then I think we can take a punt on a young British manager, somebody like Lowe for instance, and build together

• Like 2

On 09/07/2020 at 13:35, wilyfox said:

That voice though..

On 09/07/2020 at 13:34, Kernow_Blu said:

I think it's now obvious that Garry Monk's days are numbered. Could Paul Cook be the next one on the rank, and I don't mean in a D taxi..... 

On the rack more like.

On 10/07/2020 at 12:37, Buxtongent said:

Sounds like the club Jack Charlton took over, is there a new Jack out there?

On 09/07/2020 at 13:48, Owls Loyal said:

In life you have to change things that are not working.

Monk is clearly not working andf has to be fired asap.

Paul Cook has done well at Wigan.

Seems to have an eye for a good loanee too, e.g. Reece James

Saying Monks not working,is similar to saying a cars not working,when it runs out of Petrol....He WAS working when we were third....even without  being able to sign his own players,OR bring in his own backroom staff....Its clearly allegedly down to the playing staff.

(though Managers ultimately always pay the price for failure on the pitch)

I don't think Monk should be fired,until he has a fair crack.

Personally I think he will leave anyway,if either anyone comes in for him,OR he applies and gets a vacant post.