Paul Cook.....

5 hours ago, Kernow_Blu said:

I think it's now obvious that Garry Monk's days are numbered. Could Paul Cook be the next one on the rank, and I don't mean in a D taxi..... 

Would do a great job all who say not are blades ,!!!

5 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Get ready..

Here they come...

All the usual suggestions..

Mick McCarthy
Big Sam

Get Carlos back
Gary Megson
John Sheridan
Ryan Lowe
Chris Waddle
Neil Warnock

etc etc etc

And if they have not won the championship inside 6 months the same group of fans who have been waiting for the last 4 months to have a go at Monk, DC and the club in general will be up in arms.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

Mentioned him when he was at Portsmouth, but got shot down as not being able to run a big club.

I don’t think he would be able to run a big club, but I think he could do a decent job for us 

8 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Get ready..

Here they come...

All the usual suggestions..

Mick McCarthy
Big Sam

Get Carlos back
Gary Megson
John Sheridan
Ryan Lowe
Chris Waddle
Neil Warnock

etc etc etc

No Tony Pullis? 😮

6 hours ago, IWEDFM said:

I'd take Paul Cook, done well everywhere he's been

Another name to throw in the mix is Kenny Jackett. He's done well in the Championship before and would be a cheap option and let's face it can't be any less inspiring than Monk

Paul cook has done well in leagues 2 and 1,promotion to the champ and he's struggling..................no thanks.

11 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Paul cook has done well in leagues 2 and 1,promotion to the champ and he's struggling..................no thanks.

He's the manager of Wigan Athletic, it's hardly West Brom or Fulham who have spent millions. You can't expect him to work miracles on Wigan's budget. He's done a good job considering. Along with Luton they are the smallest club in the Championship

• Like 2

Just now, IWEDFM said:

He's the manager of Wigan Athletic, it's hardly West Brom or Fulham who have spent millions. You can't expect him to work miracles on Wigan's budget. He's done a good job considering. Along with Luton they are the smallest club in the Championship

Exactly my point,he's the manager of a club struggling in the same division we are,how would he be an improvement on who we currently have,unless of course the "appeal" is that he's some happy go lucky scouser, a change for changes sake..................no thanks.

11 hours ago, Eastern said:

I’d have wee Jimmy Krankie if it mean improvement on the pitch.

He's currently got his hands full as First Minister of Scotland.

9 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Nor would you leave the carpet in place

It wouldn't be getting any wetter.

:biggrin:

• Haha 3

Guest LondonOwl313
7 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Exactly my point,he's the manager of a club struggling in the same division we are,how would he be an improvement on who we currently have,unless of course the "appeal" is that he's some happy go lucky scouser, a change for changes sake..................no thanks.

He’s not exactly struggling they’re mid table and have been on a massive winning run the last 8 games or so. Obviously they may go down but that’s the point deduction not the level of performance on the pitch 

Just now, LondonOwl313 said:

He’s not exactly struggling they’re mid table and have been on a massive winning run the last 8 games or so. Obviously they may go down but that’s the point deduction not the level of performance on the pitch 

They're as midtable as we are,and the similarities of relegation for swfc would be the points deduction not performances on the pitch.

A change for changes sake....................no thanks.

Guest LondonOwl313
Just now, BARMYARMY2010 said:

They're as midtable as we are,and the similarities of relegation for swfc would be the points deduction not performances on the pitch.

A change for changes sake....................no thanks.

Difference being their objective was to stay up, ours was a top half finish with an outside shot at top 6. The budgets would be vastly different too. Plus Wednesday overachieved first half of the season and then have been abysmal since. Managers rarely come back from this sort of run so a change is inevitable now

10 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Not very logical are you. Considering their wage budget they are probably punching above their weight where as we are underachieving. Our wage bill is probably 5 or 6 times theirs

Just now, LondonOwl313 said:

Difference being their objective was to stay up, ours was a top half finish with an outside shot at top 6. The budgets would be vastly different too. Plus Wednesday overachieved first half of the season and then have been abysmal since. Managers rarely come back from this sort of run so a change is inevitable now

The objectives are "guesswork" fella,and the only "inevitable" thing about the managers job at swfc is that at some point he will be sacked,leave of his own accord as has been the way since i started watching us.

Just now, IWEDFM said:

Not very logical are you. Considering their wage budget they are probably punching above their weight where as we are underachieving. Our wage bill is probably 5 or 6 times theirs

Ahh i see,its logic now that means he deserves the hotseat at swfc,because its wages of players that means he can get us to be better than what we are now,just because we pay more........................change for changes sake.............no thanks.

7 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I know everyone is trying to be helpful with all these suggestions for the next manager, and it comes from a warm loving place, and everyone just wants the most exciting new manager we can find (If Monk gets the bullet that is).

But look at the history of this club, the history of managerial appointments, and understand that whoever you come up with it'll be miles away from what we end up with

lol

Are you saying we should lump on Rowett then? lol

16 hours ago, daveyboy66 said:

If Cook came here amd lost the first three games the same people shouting for Monk's head would be shouting for his...go figure

Not really. Monk is one name that was never touted before taking over.

3 hours ago, Tommo_ said:

Not really. Monk is one name that was never touted before taking over.

That is simply not true. For quite a while it was being represented as a straight choice between him and Rowett.

And I think you missed the point anyway. It was about the psychology of many fans these days and nothing to do specifically with Monk. Some of them approach the subject like a spoilt toddler - want that one, now I don't want it, get me a different one.

• Like 1
  • Love 1