Paul Cook.....

1 minute ago, StudentOwl said:

Honestly, the day we completely rejuvenate the attitude and philosophy at this club, from chairman right the way through to fans, will be f*cking wonderful.

Sheffield Wednesday is a living fossil.

It really is

It makes evolution and transition quite literally impossible

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

What exactly is a club like ours. Plymouth aren't a basket case are they?

Nothing wrong with Plymouth, I just think that we would be more of an attractive proposition however this would be dependent on how things go in the summer e.g surviving relegation/restructuring of the club/new owner

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:

If we go down, Ryan Lowe. He’s done a fantastic job at Plymouth and he’d be stupid to stay there ahead of joining a club like ours. 

I think you got that the wrong way round...…...

By "a club like ours" I assume you mean a club with f***** finances, minimal coaching staff, threadbare squad, mismanaged on and off the field, facing a points deduction and with a fanbase that will turn on him the first time he has a poor run. Yeah, I bet he's already packing his bags and saying goodbye to staff at Argyle...….

Seriously, why do people think that we're something special?

• Like 4

Would take Paul Cook but cant see him coming.

Ive always wanted a manager who is going to be possession based and plays attacking football. Never wanted any of the usual suspects that are mentioned every time.

But.........

Mick McCarthey would be perfect for this club in the current predicament. Would not be a entertaining brand by any means like i want but he would get them organised not stand no sh!te not need much money and make us competative.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:

Nothing wrong with Plymouth, I just think that we would be more of an attractive proposition however this would be dependent on how things go in the summer e.g surviving relegation/restructuring of the club/new owner

I think anyone with any reputation to defend would think twice about coming here. I'm sure the current incumbent is regretting it. Bruce saw sense before any damage was done to him.

After this season, we'll only get managers who have nothing to lose.

• Like 1

Tough gig this. Monk usually seemed to get teams punching just as Cook has.

The players don’t have any fight in them though and perhaps we need to look at someone who has a bit of that as a manager. I’ve been keen to keep Monk tbh but last night raised further doubts.

If I was DC I’d have looked at the qualities and experience Bruce had and see if McCarthy or Hughes were interested. Cook will keep Wigan up

Edited by Bluesteel
  • Like 1

In League One, I’d like to see Lowe given the opportunity to manage us, however if we manage to stay up, then it might be a step too far at the moment. Who might be suitable in the Championship? It depends, my preferred choice previously was Hughton, but he wasn’t interested before, but I’m no longer sure he’d be the right man anyway. Needs to be someone who will get us playing entertaining football, not least because it will help us bring in some quality loanees No Premier League club will want to subsidise a young player, knowing he will be asked to play the way we’ve been playing this season

49 minutes ago, Kernow_Blu said:

I think it's now obvious that Garry Monk's days are numbered. Could Paul Cook be the next one on the rank, and I don't mean in a D taxi..... 

Said this on numerous occasions over the last 3-4 years. 

41 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

If Cook came here amd lost the first three games the same people shouting for Monk's head would be shouting for his...go figure

Difference is Cook has a record of success and Monk a record of failure. Personally I'd be far more prepared to give someone time if they had proved in the past that they were a good manager.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Get ready..

Here they come...

All the usual suggestions..

Mick McCarthy
Big Sam

Get Carlos back
Gary Megson
John Sheridan
Ryan Lowe
Chris Waddle
Neil Warnock

etc etc etc

13 pts from the last 57 mate. The facts don't lie.